BlackBerry

Updated 31 Oct 2014
Updated 31 Oct 2014

93 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer, Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Initial communications began at the university careers fair, followed up with a phone call from Blackberry in Bellevue, WA. Interview was scheduled in the following week, for a summer internship position that would begin a few months after the screening process. There were also the usual series of background checks, but those were carried out after the interview process ended.

Interview Questions
    • Immediately write code with a sharpie without any points for reference, timed under 5 minutes. There was a simple scenario given, but it did not matter that much in reality.   Answer Question

HUB Core Applications C++ Developer (Intern) Interview

6 Interviews. Questions about my prior projects. Technical questions included questions on locks, deadlocks, threads, string manipulations

Non negotiable

Mechanical Designer Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Talked with recruiter at campus who said BlackBerry wasn't accepting resumes but told me to apply online. After I applied I emailed her later and she responded that the interview process would begin soon. Got contacted for a phone interview with the manager. Interview began with explaining points on my resume while the manager looked for a point to segue into the technical interview. Questions were very technical, asking about different aspects of Mechanics of Materials (beam bending) and a general physics question about buoyancy. Manager was more interested in how I came about finding the answer rather than whether I was right or not. I was contacted a couple weeks later over phone offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • When you fix a beam to a wall and add a shear force at the end of the beam, where does the beam fail first?   Answer Question
    • Which type of beam would be stronger against a shear force at its end: a hollow circular tube or a solid cylindrical bar both with the same cross-sectional area?   Answer Question
    • If you have a boat in water and you want to sink the boat, how would you go about doing it? How does the boat stay above water normally?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Pay was very good compared with other companies.

RF Test Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied online through the careers website. Got a call after 3+ weeks.

Software Test Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

interviewed at BlackBerry in December 2013.

Interview process was really great. To the point questions and discussion regarding previous experience. Lots of detailed questions regarding test censorious, programming languages. Networking related questions and experience with coding on handheld devices. Really awesome manager.

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

I was an intern for two semesters before I applied back for the same team after graduation, so my experience may be shorter than others.

My interview for the intern position was a phone screen that lasted a little longer than an hour with 4 developers and 2 managers. The managers explained the projects that the respective teams owned while the developers asked questions. The questions mostly consisted of object oriented design principles of Java and regular expressions.

I applied through the public employment portal. The process took close to a month from scheduling an interview, through the background check, until I had an offer. The interview consisted of 6 rounds, 4 of them being technical questions or riddles and the other two regarding my experience outside of BlackBerry.

Interview Questions
    • For my internship the most expected question was whether or not interfaces are supported in C++. I answered, no that's a Java only construct. The interviewer then asked if I was familiar with the virtual keyword in cpp, at which point I realized that you could create an equivalent of a Java interface in cpp by creating an abstract class with only pure virtual member functions. A great question.

For my full time interview, there a few trickster questions regarding memory management in C/C++ (e.g. when and where will this program crash, where is the memory leak, etc.) as well as a few general binary search tree and linked list questions. Expect a few questions regarding running time and concurrency, but nothing too grueling.
        Answer Question
    The negotiation phase was simple enough, but seemed to draw out for too long. They offered me more than my ballpark figure was with good benefits. The longest and most grueling part was the background check.

Software Development Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Very easy, discussed project from previous internship

No negotiation

Manager of Innovation Interview

Typical with background check. Must have a lot of info to verify your who you claim to be.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Applied via Indeed.com for the Product Delivery Team . Got a call to schedule first round phone interview. The first round interview was taken by one of the team members and was technical but nothing too difficult. Like basic questions on OOPS and other test cases such as functionality of a calculator. Then a second round phone interview was scheduled which I expected to be more technical but that was actually by the team lead and she only asked HR type questions.

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry.

HR guy got in touch after viewing profile in linkedIn.