BlackBerry Interview Questions in United States

Updated 13 Apr 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Embedded Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR manager & he asked about few stuffs in the resume. He scheduled a technical round on the immediate next day. A senior level engineer called me & asked questions regarding auto-interrupts, external interrupts, SPI, UART & DAC. He also asked some questions in C about linked list & structures. Asked few questions from RTOS, difference between semaphore & mutex, scheduler & stack, frame pointers.

Interview Questions

• Design a function that takes a structure and inserts it into a sorted linked list of structures   Answer Question

Interview

Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Questions

• Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Questions

• How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunrise, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackBerry (Sunrise, FL (US)).

Interview

two phone interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Questions

• Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview

The interview comprised of two rounds. The first round consisted of a discussion on the resume.The projects I had done as a part of my academic work. I was asked to write a method to count the number of words in a large file, some questions on data structures, breadth first processing

Interview Questions

• What is the time complexity of breadth first search. When you are counting the number of words in a string suppose you store it in a hash table how do you find the word with the maximum length. Is it worth using a hash table?   Answer Question

Interview

The recruiter emailed me asking me to schedule 3 half an hour interviews back to back with the Hiring Manager and 2 team leads for a particular team. The 3 interviews went smooth. They discuss mainly about your resume, questions related to the projects mentioned in the resume and few questions related to the job profile you are interviewed for.

Interview Questions

• What kind of bugs can a telecom company like Blackberry face?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for intern position. Fixed salary.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Interview

Initial email from recruiter saying I had been selected and verified a time to speak with the hiring manager. Meeting was about 2.5 weeks after this email. Actual interview was mostly manager explaining the position and whats expected from this individual. It was not a standard interview from my experience, none of the nonsense SAW or situation questions on the first interview. Those I spoke with were nice, although HR appeared to be uninformed as much was left up to the manager. No discussion of salary, which can be a waste of everyone's time if its too low.

Enterprise Support Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at BlackBerry (Irving, TX (US)).

Interview

The initial contact was a prescreen interview. The second interview was a face-to-face with the Account Management Supervisor and Director. Their attitudes were very condescending and rather dry. The 3rd interview was a panel interview with management and other Account Management.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important characteristics that an Account Manager should possess?
      How would handle someone who was not doing their job.

1 Answer

Negotiation

I requested a salary range of $55-60 and they gave me $60k