BlackBerry

Relevance Date Difficulty

Wireless IOT Interview

Wireless IOT
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview Details It was a telephonic interview before onsite.
The interview was easy. The interviewer was cool and supportive.
Most of the questions he asked were from resume. He asked me to explain MIMO, difference between spatial diversity and spatial multiplexing, PAPR in OFDMA, ISI mitigation in OFDM, hidden terminal issue, CSMA CA, difference between TCP and UDP, Active states in bluetooth, DNS call flow.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are from my resume. So it wasn't difficult.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details You ll have 1 Hr round and a onsite interview

Interview Question – Most difficult part was from algos   Answer Question

Embedded Engineer Intern Interview

Embedded Engineer Intern

Interviewed at BlackBerry

Interview Details Applied on their website, got a call to schedule and interview.

Interview Question – Difference between programming on an embedded system and a PC   Answer Question

Raleigh, NC (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in May 2011.

Interview Details They went straight to an onsite interview. We went through my resume and they asked some behavioral questions. Not much technical other than what I knew about the programming languages on my resume. Very friendly people!

Interview Question – Name a few weaknesses   View Answer

Software Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details Sent resume on campus job fair. Got a email notification for a 30-minutes phone interview 3 weeks after that job fair. The phone interview has nothing to do with technical problems. The interviewer first introduce the basic information of their company and their development teams. Then he just asked several questions about the resume. Then, he asked about the biggest coding project you did before.

Interview Question – How many classes have you did in your previous project?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Sunrise, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details two phone interviews

Interview Question – interview was generic, based totally on resume.   Answer Question

Software Test Associate Interview

Software Test Associate
Milford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at BlackBerry in August 2012.

Interview Details Had a technical phone interview which included general questions about your resume, puzzles ( One i can think of is: why is manhole round?), products and application. It is better to do research in detail about the company, familiarity with any testing experience before?

Interview Question – tools that you have worked with, in testing?   Answer Question

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details First did a phone interview, which was half technical half behavioral. Was called back to do an inperson interview which lasted most of the day. I was interviewed by different people, in different areas of the company. The first interview was technical while the others were more behavioral, to see if I would fit the office's environment.

Interview Question – Coding question was to make a spell checker, which was not too bad.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry in January 2013.

Interview Details Initial email from recruiter saying I had been selected and verified a time to speak with the hiring manager. Meeting was about 2.5 weeks after this email. Actual interview was mostly manager explaining the position and whats expected from this individual. It was not a standard interview from my experience, none of the nonsense SAW or situation questions on the first interview. Those I spoke with were nice, although HR appeared to be uninformed as much was left up to the manager. No discussion of salary, which can be a waste of everyone's time if its too low.

Software Developer Intern Interview

Software Developer Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackBerry.

Interview Details The interview comprised of two rounds. The first round consisted of a discussion on the resume.The projects I had done as a part of my academic work. I was asked to write a method to count the number of words in a large file, some questions on data structures, breadth first processing

Interview Question – What is the time complexity of breadth first search. When you are counting the number of words in a string suppose you store it in a hash table how do you find the word with the maximum length. Is it worth using a hash table?   Answer Question