BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 11 Mar 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in November 2013.

Interview

2 Weeks, 6 Interviews: commercial awareness, technical, brain teasers, guesstimates etc. Similar to banking, but depends a lot on what you have applied to. Overall good experience, you get to meet the people you'll be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at BlackRock in December 2012.

Interview

Got an interview for risk analyst. been interviewed by 3 different people, about 30 min each. very straight forward, non tricky questions. technical and competency based questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in September 2012.

Interview

Very deep technical interview round. Good questions in the technical interview. Person should be good in technical and domain knowledge before applying in the company. Communication should be good. Person should be open for accepting challenging roles.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England) in December 2011.

Interview

Process was efficient. I conducted the first two interviews over the phone. The next round consisted of an assessment centre. A lunch was hosted by junior members of staff. Following lunch there were two interviews with Directors, a problem solving exercise regarding numbers and simple quant analysis. Group discussion & pres.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you disagreed with the way a more senior member of staff was conducting business, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the greatest accomplishment in your last role   Answer Question

Negotiation

A standard package - didn't appear like negotiation was possible

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (London, England) in February 2010.

Interview

I was asked a lot of fitting questions, no right or wrongs, i think they were just trying to figure out whether I can work hard and fit well into the company cuclture.

Interview Questions

• give me an example when you had confliction in interest in a team work   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had 1 telephonic interview which I cleared. Then waiting for next rounds of interview. Want to know what are the other rounds and compensation details. Please specify clearly whether all other rounds are core java specific or advanced java.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a VP in the group. Asked me to walk through my resume and explain how my experience with my current firm prepared me for that role. Later that afternoon HR contacted me to set up onsite interviews. I met with analysts and associates on the team as well as the VP. Questions were mostly fit, but they did ask if I followed financial news and what stories I found interesting. You need to truly understand what you are talking about, not simply repeat words from the articles. They will test your knowledge. Also, know why you want to work at Blackrock particularly the group you're interviewing with. I was then brought back in for another interview with the Director and Managing Director. Both were pleasant, explained their expectations, but mostly wanted know if I had any questions about the role.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on Pimco and Bill Gross leaving? What do you think this means for BlackRock?   Answer Question

Negotiation

HR tried to lowball me. I countered with a range and they came back within my range.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Resume submit on school career website - on campus interview - on site interview. I had a super day at the end of October and now I'm waiting. It's been over a week -- anyone heard back?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

A few rounds involving resume screening, phone interview, superday. Each step was generally behavioral based. Each interview was with a different person, so questions were fairly consistent and revolved around company knowledge, field knowledge, and group knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Explaining why that group in particular was the best fit for me over others.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview

Applied via College Career Center. Heard back and was asked to submit responses through Montage Video Center. General fit questions like "Why BlackRock," etc. Be sure to know why you are applying to your specific division/group. So far, communications with the recruiters have been very friendly. Still waiting to hear back about this round.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you have had to be creative and how it went.   Answer Question