BlackRock Analyst Interview Questions

Updated 29 Sep 2014

3.1

35 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2012.

Got an interview for risk analyst. been interviewed by 3 different people, about 30 min each. very straight forward, non tricky questions. technical and competency based questions.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2011.

Process was efficient. I conducted the first two interviews over the phone. The next round consisted of an assessment centre. A lunch was hosted by junior members of staff. Following lunch there were two interviews with Directors, a problem solving exercise regarding numbers and simple quant analysis. Group discussion & pres.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you disagreed with the way a more senior member of staff was conducting business, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the greatest accomplishment in your last role   Answer Question
    A standard package - didn't appear like negotiation was possible

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2010.

I was asked a lot of fitting questions, no right or wrongs, i think they were just trying to figure out whether I can work hard and fit well into the company cuclture.

Interview Questions
    • give me an example when you had confliction in interest in a team work   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied via College Career Center. Heard back and was asked to submit responses through Montage Video Center. General fit questions like "Why BlackRock," etc. Be sure to know why you are applying to your specific division/group. So far, communications with the recruiters have been very friendly. Still waiting to hear back about this round.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you have had to be creative and how it went.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock.

Applied online and got an email from HR regarding the next steps. We set up an interview date and place. I received an interview schedule with the name of the people I would meet.

Interview Questions
    • What did I know about the company?
      Why this job?
      Two technical questions
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

First round on campus & final round super day (4 hours) in the office. Super day consisted of a 3 on 1 interview and a group teamwork project with other candidates interviewing.

Interview Questions
    • Understand what is going on with macroeconomic events.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock.

The whole process took about two months, mostly waiting for their calls. I got the first call in a week after submitting the application online
    The process was meeting HR ->VP->Director & Teammate->Written test. Generally asked about working experience and what is expected from BlackRock
    The HR arrangement was a bit messy

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at BlackRock.

2 HR interviews on the phone and connected with higher management for referral. Asked basic questions like why blackrock and why the position? Still waiting to hear back for next steps, so hopefully!

Still waiting to hear back so...

Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock.

Took about a month for the whole process. Applied online, received phone interview (with HR)-tell my about your resume, background, etc. general questions. Then group interview with managers (3) about 30 mins. each.

Interview Questions
    • Why BlackRock?
      What is an put/call?
      Tell me about your resume (Walk them through it)
        Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate but was unsuccessful, I just accepted their initial offer.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock.

Phone interview followed by on site. One person on phone will ask basic fit questions. On site there were at least eight interviewers from different departments. Various technical questions, and situation based questions are asked.

Interview Questions
    • A mathematical based questions required to calculate how many diamonds of 1 ct can you fit into a room   Answer Question

Had another offer

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!