BlackRock Associate Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2014

3.1

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock.

Very great people who interviewed me for the role. All of them have been gone and the interviewer this time is really tough. Also lots of agencies are complaining about it. And very robust.

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock in April 2011.

Panel interview face to face, then panel interview on video conference. Questions ranged from technical to thorough examination of CV. Test of basic maths and speed of calculation. Was also a get to know the person type of interview - they wanted to see how I could fit in to the people I would be working with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2010.

Organised and structured. Provided a very clear idea of BlackRock and the goals of the team I was joining.

Yes. I spoke to HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at BlackRock in January 2008.

Interview was somewhat quantitative, but friendly. Make sure you are comfortable with what you are talking about.

Associate Interview

contacted through email to set up a video interview after 5 days of online application
    interview had basic question about me and about the company
    not many technical questions
    however it was weird seeing your self being recorded

Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at BlackRock.

Call from HUMAN RESOURCE, Written test with Excel and fiance questions, 3 rounds of interview, interview with process head then final negotiation with HR. It is same as most companies followed in Delhi NCR.

Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at BlackRock in July 2013.

Multiple rounds
    Online test, followed by coding and design excercise
    A Panel/gorup interview
    2 1X1Interviews with VP
    1 1X1 discussion with onshore VP
    1 Interview with the director
    Discussion with HR

Interview process was a learning experience in itself. Had a good experience

Interview Questions
    • About company strategy and how your goals align with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at BlackRock in July 2012.

I was interviewed for contracting for Java developer position a year back. People are cool, lot of Financial questions, normal Java developer may not get through it. As I am Financial savy person I could do it. .. In general interviews at Black Rock San Francisco are tough.
    I was selected and worked for 9 months, because of budget cuts could not renew or convert as FT. Now team called me back for FT position, since they know me, interview was easy sail. HR interview and processing is not so common as I expected. I have asked my expected salary, they came up with the package with same figure (but bonus and benefits included in that), which is very uncommon in IT industry. You usually ask for a salary and bonus on top of the salary. Offer was not that great, just median salary of San Francisco Bay Area, which is definitely not expected from top notch financial company. Benefits are also not par with financial industry, only 50 pc match of 401k and 3 years vesting time, and max of 5k limit of matching. Only good benefit is unlimited sick time, which disappeared in lot of companies already. Having 10 + years of programming experience, BlackRock offered only median salary of Bay Area.

Interview Questions
    • There is no negotiation of salary in Black Rock, they will come up with an offer and either you accept it or reject it   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at BlackRock in May 2012.

There was one telephonic round which was taken by a person to understand my skillset.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at BlackRock in December 2011.

I was referred to the job by a friend for a specific position. I was asked to interview with six people over the course of four hours. I was then asked to return for a series of follow-up interviews with another four employees for over two hours a week later. I was offered the job less than two weeks after the initial series of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to evaluate how to I would introduce a new product to a new market and what processes or resources I would need in order to ensure a successful product launch. I was also asked why I was leaving a fairly lucrative and successful investment banking job to join a larger corporation.   Answer Question
    I attempted to negotiate a higher starting salary but was unsuccessful in getting more money. I accepted the initial offer presented.