BlackRock

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
London, England

I interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

Interview Details First round: two individual interviews; Final round: group exercise, individual interviews, individual case study

Interview Question – Individual case study was pretty difficult. Never had that in any previous interviews..   Answer Question

Aladdin & Technology Interview

Aladdin & Technology
London, England

I applied online - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2013.

Interview Details 1. Tell me about the Company and the role
2. Team-work- difficulties and result (use CAR technique)
3. Are you willing to relocate?
4. Difficult situation in life and how I dealt with that
Other competency based questions mainly about team work and leadership skills

Director Interview

Director
London, England

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2011.

Interview Details interview based process with several interviews - perhaps three or 4, including two by telephone with partners and managers in the United States, with a formal offer made by letter after verbal offer by phone

Interview Question – Why on earth would your want to move to BlackRock?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technology Analyst Interview

Technology Analyst
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in October 2012.

Interview Details Initial round of interviews were not really interviews at all, more just sanity checks to make sure you weren't insane. After that, 4 or 5 interviews on competency (what projects I've worked on, when have I been challenged - the classics) and a little bit on technical ability. Very simple really. Had to also take a Java test, but that was pretty useless as it was for incredibly specific knowledge - I have a feeling it was an excerpt from the SCJP Java 5 exam.

The final analysts coming out of the process had a very wide range of abilities, so all can apply really!

Interview Question – How would you decide whether a given number is prime or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase as it was an entry level position.

Spring Week Analyst PAG Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2013.

Interview Details Sent a copy of CV with a cover letter. Invited to a telephone interview. No hard questions, was asked to talk through CV so would be useful to have that in front of you. Interviewer had a relaxed style and didn't do any brain teasers or mathematical questions.

Interview Question – Whats the difference between a bond and stock?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details 9 rounds of interview over a period of 90 days. That's a lot of travel expenses which don't get reimbursed if you don't get the job! Very risk averse and over-cautious culture. I felt over-interviewed. It was the same interview 9 times with different people!

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Risk and Quantitative Position - Graduate Program Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Interview Details First Round: 3 interviews, 40 min each.
Second Round: 2 interviews, 1 group interview, 1problem solving. The problem solving was about capm and variance covariance formula

Interview Question – The problem solving was the most difficult question.you have to solve the problems immediately giving motivation at any steps   View Answer

Graduate Fixed Income Interview

London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in November 2012.

Interview Details Online Tests, 2 face to face interviews, AC
Competency questions and questions about general understanding of Fixed Income and Macroeconomics

Interview Question – What is spread duration?   Answer Question

Aladdin & Technology Interview

Aladdin & Technology
London, England

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at BlackRock in November 2012.

Interview Details I sent a CV through by email to their recruiting HR address. I was then invited for a first session of 2x30 minute interviews. The first one was a technical interview which focused mostly on my CV and asking about the kind of software projects i have been involved with in the past. Following this discussion i was asked how i would apply my background to solve some problems within the business. The second interview was a combination of HR and ability. I was asked a couple of basic Financial Questions. We then talked about the teamwork and other basic HR things.

Interview Question – How comfortable and willing are you to work within the Aladdin platform given the fact that it is build using tested and quite old systems that deliver well?   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
London, England

I applied online and interviewed at BlackRock.

Interview Details Highly selective. On the assessment day there were 10 candidates competing for one position. One interviewer was friendly, another very harsh and strict.

Interview Question – What is duration?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlackRock

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BlackRock interview questions and advice in London, England. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by BlackRock employees and interview candidates.