BlackRock Summer Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

I submitted my resume online but also had a friend who pushed it up. I went through a phone interview with two people. Very basic behavioral questions and A LOT of questions about the company.

Then I was called for an office visit and flew from USA to London. There I had 4 interviews with very technical questions as well as behavioral and detailed division questions. My last "interview" consisted of solving 4 finance problems on the spot.

Interview Questions
  • What is the most efficient way to board a plane?

How would you explain a database to a 7 years old?
      View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for BlackRock

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at BlackRock in January 2014.

First round: two individual interviews; Final round: group exercise, individual interviews, individual case study

Interview Questions
    • Individual case study was pretty difficult. Never had that in any previous interviews..   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Applied for hackathon, was cancelled, got invited to first round interview by Blackrock. Was unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • Count the number of squares on this piece of paper. A grid of 4 by 4 unit boxes, just blurted out the answer, didnt think and got it wrong!   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at BlackRock.

phone interview about general behavior stuff, then made it to onsight interview where they asked me more technical questions. It was a 3 on 1 interview where they gave me several brain teasers that were quite challenging. Just need to explain your thought process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in February 2014.

Phone interview with associate. Discussed job description and my resume. Quite basic. Superday consists of 4, 30 minute interviews with various people. Quite relaxed. They mainly focused on fit questions and want to see that you are somewhat social, intelligent, and hard working.

Interview Questions
    • All very basic questions. Know some finance stuff. Be able to talk about your resume and how it applies to your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at BlackRock in April 2014.

Interviewed with a VP and then on Super Day, two MDs and other VPs

First round is pretty relaxed, mostly behavioral.

Super Day was more technical, asking about the markets and stories I found interesting. Employees were relaxed, nothing too formal and would ask questions based on previous comments.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing crazy, but absolutely have an answer for a deeper question into anything you mention in the interview.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock.

Had a telephone interview with an associate at the firm. Asked basic questions about my background, with some technical questions about Real Estate Investment Trusts, which was on my resume. While I think the interview did not go so well (given that it was my first real interview), in retrospect I think the interview was average in difficulty.

Interview Questions
    • Be ready to explain all points on your resume. Took me several interviews with different companies to fully get a hold of all of the information and questions they could ask about my resume (and course work).   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at BlackRock in December 2009.

OCR through UPenn. Second interview at Blackrock. 1 on 1 the first time around, and then a panel with 3 people the second time. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Basic skills / making sure you're up to speed questions, although my friend who just applied for the heck of it also got to 2nd round and I know she know's little to nothing about investing. Getting the interview is probably the hardest part; as long as you have a semi-high to high GPA at a 'target school' you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to my previous work experiences. A few questions to make sure that I was up to speed on what I would be working on. No brain teasers that I can remember.   Answer Question

I ended up working at a startup company.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at BlackRock in January 2013.

Applied through school, got 1st round interview. No behavior questions

Interview Questions
    • The unemployment rate that was published on that day and the exchange rate between JPY and USD.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Applied through on-campus recruitment, had initial interview with 2 people and was contacted by recruiter the next day to come in that week for a super day. Super day was 6 one-on-one interviews. Very few technical questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for BlackRock? Contribute to the Community!