Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Blackboard
- Regional Sales Manager (3)
- Product Manager (2)
- Sales (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Technical Support (2)
- Senior Director (1)
- Junior Java Developer (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Solutions Engineer (1)
- Service Delivery Manager (1)
- Director, Product Marketing (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Escalation Manager (1)
- Operations Supervisor (1)
- Partnership Manager (1)
- Outside Sales Representative (1)
- Contracts Manager (1)
- Java Engineer (1)
- Software Engineer (1)
- Client Support (1)
- Operations Analyst (1)
- IT Intern (1)
- Internal Communications Manager (1)
- Tech Support (1)
- Level II Support (1)
- Enigineering (1)
- Client Support Engineer (1)
- Product Manager Or Related (1)
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Blackboard.
Phone screening initially by HR that lasted for about 15 min, standard questions around motivation, salary etc. nothing too fancy. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager that lasted about 40 min around my CV, background, experience, bit of role description, again this was not particularity hard and seemed more like an extended screening session
I was then invited for face to face with 4-5 senior managers including the hiring manager, all interviews in a single day that was exhausting as I ended up spending half a day in their office.
This was followed by another phone interview with the hiring manager's manager as well.
In the end they made the offer that I accepted.
The questions through out the interview process were not very hard or complex, mostly generic
- Can you work with sales > seriously this is yes/no answer and obvious answer was yes, they didnt even ask me to elaborate on my experience. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Blackboard (Madison, WI (US)) in April 2015.
I was initially recruited and then interviewed by 3 individuals. This took several days. I was then called back to set-up an in-person interview and flew to Reston, VA.
- What is my experience? 1 Answer
It was nice, although I had three interview in one day.
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Blackboard (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2015.
I applied for a different position with the company but was offered an opportunity to apply for the QA Analyst position. I looked it up and it appeared to be an interesting job doing Quality Assurance and required a degree (which I have). At the beginning of the interview HR stated the position payed 12-14 an hour, with no benefits! I'm already employed at a Salaried job, making more. They knew this from the app and she brought it up herself. Why waste both of our time? Why on earth would be interested in that or leave my higher paying job? I have years of experience, tech certifications and a BA degree and you request to interview for $12 an hour? It was a ridiculous interview with apparently a ridiculous company.
- My past experience. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Blackboard (Killeen, TX (US)) in March 2015.
The interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They were very welcoming and patient when I needed to think about an answer. I was a bit nervous however because I was not used to interviewing with two people and it made me more nervous than normal. Again, they did try to make me as comfortable as possible during the process.
- What was my biggest obstacle (at my last job) and how did I overcome it? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
2 round interview with first via telephone and second on site. Lots of algorithm questions on the phone interview and performance concern is emphasized at most of the questions, with frustrated me a bit. But even though I failed many of the questions, I still got a chance for the second round interview.
On site interview with 3 more people (one by one), all questioning technical question from all aspects, including hand writing programming questions. The performance concern is again emphasized.
- How to located the last third line in a file size 1T within a memory capacity of only 1M? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Blackboard.
HR found my resume from DICE. Contacted me and set up initial interview with hiring manager via phone. Second interview was with hiring manager and several other potential colleagues. There were mainly technical questions about system administration and various technologies. Some questions on personal ambition, career goals, etc. were asked, but it was mainly technical questions.
- Technical questions about certain aspects of addressing RAM memory, which I was not aware of. Answer Question
They offered me a job at a salary scale that I was satisfied with.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Blackboard in December 2014.
After being referred internally, I had a phone screen with HR which seemed to go well. The follow-up was supposed to be an interview with the hiring manager. We closed the interview by agreeing on the date on which I should follow-up if I did not hear from the recruiter. Never heard back, and when I followed-up…crickets.
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
The process has been smooth and fast paced. Applied and within 1 day was asked to take tech assessment. Next day was 1st phone interview and within the hour was asked to meet for 2nd interview. Very professional company
- 3 persons panel interview was unexpected Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person – interviewed at Blackboard.
This was a not a bad process at all. First a phone interview that was as standard as it gets. Take me through previous experiences, who are you as an employee etc. Then in person interview with 3 senior employees. They take turns getting a feel for you but it is a very laid back environment. Easy questions, nothing too probing.
- Walk me through some sort of process (setting up a word document, making a sandwich, etc) Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Blackboard.
Had Technical Phone interview and then Face to Face at onsite later on. Interview process was standard. Asked some technical questions and asked some practical scenarios. They just took two days to make the offer and accepted immediately.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review