Bloomberg L.P.

Updated 15 Dec 2014
2,017 Interview Reviews

3.1

Global Data Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

4 stages: phone interview, 2 in house interview and then one conference call with the NYC office.
    The questions are always the same during the interviews: why bloomberg/why this role/what are the competitors of Bloomberg/ what is the difference between Bloomberg and Reuters.
    Also some questions that you have to answer quickly: do you prefer daily or long term tasks?/ would you rather give a figure not accurate or not give it at all?/do you prefer precise instructions or no instructions at all?
    Finally, I had the feeling that most of the questions were motivational. Also prepare questions about the Bloomberg culture and the career path you would like to have in the company.

Sales and Analytics Bootcamp Interview

Online application - standard questions,
    phone interview - walk me through your CV, why bloomberg? what do you think Sales and Analytics is? What do you know about the terminal? What is Bloomberg's current share price? (trick question)

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Submitted application online, got an instant reply to schedule phone interview. HR called me up and conducted a 40 minutes interview about my motivation, financial knowledge and news. Interviewer asked a lot of questions and threw a lot of unexpected information at you.

Financial Software DeveloperInterview Interview

Phone interview, was asked why I wanted to apply and what the company did. The technical was breaking an integer down into its digits (e.g. 123 -> [1, 2, 3]). Would definitely recommend going reading the wikipedia page on Bloomberg to get a better idea of what they do; this was the reason I didn't get a call back from them regarding an in-person interview.

Global Data Economics Analyst- French Or German Speaker-London Job Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied Online. I was first contacted via email by a Junior Recruiter one month after application, then had a second email exchange with another recruiter to arrange a phone interview. That first phone interview was with a senior Analyst in the same role.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between nominal and real GDP?   View Answer

Global Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

Recruiter called me and proposed the above role with Bloomberg. Interview with two members of the team.Competency based and some questions regarding recent evemnts in the financial markets and commodities especially, as the role was focused on energy markets. They insist on why Bloomberg and why not an Investment Bank.

Interview Questions
    • If you have 10m where to invest.Marketing or Bloomberg Terminal?   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online, was invited for a telephone interview after a few weeks. Most questions were competency based, some questions about financial knowledge, some market awareness questions, recent news stories that captured my attention, why you want to do this internship, why Bloomberg etc. Was asked about my CV, questions about previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, be prepared to answer any question about your CV   Answer Question

Market Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied online on the website, then received an telephone interview confirmation ( please check junk mail, I found mine there). You will get a phone call from HR manager , Do not go in-depth with the knowledge of bloomberg (keep it brief and interesting). Got asked "Difference between asset and debt" and "What do you know about the company", "Why this role?", " What latest financial news captured your eye?"

Interview Questions
    • "give a time of when you completed your project successfully what approaches did you take?"   Answer Question

Bilingual Technical Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

I applied on the company website and the process took about 2 weeks.

I received an email for the telephone interview and the interview lasted 11 mins.

I am kind for worry as i saw many people here got an email the same day after the phone interview but i was told they will get back to me in few weeks.

The interview was mainly about my background, experience and motivations.

Still waiting for an updates.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in December 2014.

I applied online through their platform, where I had to provide a CV, cover letter, a transcript and had to answer a question "Why do you want to become a software engineer?".

I got an email from the HR department asking me to pick a 45-minute slot within the next two weeks where I could participate to a telephone interview. Also, they requested me to have access to a computer with internet connection during the interview for the technical part.

The interview started off with a guy from the R&D department describing the whole process: basic questions related to the company followed by a technical. Some basic questions: "Why do you want to work for Bloomberg?", "What do you know about Bloomberg?", "Tell me about a project that you enjoyed", "What did you learn by working on this project?", etc.

After that, we switched to the technical part, which is taken in your most familiar programming language(I did it in Java), where I had to answer basic questions about how Java works, the JVM, difference between Java and C++. Also, had to answer basic questions about wrapper classes, how java handles pointers, and had to come up with an algorithm to a specific scenario.

The guy was really nice and always tried to encourage and help me during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Had to think of an efficient algorithm to calculate the average of an array by removing the minimum and maximum.   View Answer