Bloomberg L.P. Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated 20 Oct 2014

3.1

334 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Sales and Analytics Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Phone interview was quite basic, as already described.
    In-house was structured in such a way that no question was neutral. (Ie. Not "why we should hire you", but rather "Honestly, from your Cv I can't see why should we hire you").
    I guess they want to see how you cope with stress.

Most questions are listed already, some others came from my cv and answers, so it's rather pointless to list them, but beware of what you say, if you lie it might fire back.

Interview Questions
    • Why would Tesco use our terminal? Who would you target there if you were to try and sell one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

They have very inefficient and disorganised recruitment process lol I applied in August and heard nothing until mid-September. Then I got invited to a telephone interview, nothing for 2 weeks after that (so thought i had failed) then got invited for an in-house interview. Still waiting to hear back from them. They said there would be 2 more interviews, so telephone + 3 interviews..quite hectic.

1. Telephone interview
    Very quick, manager of a department, seemed very busy and uninterested in what I say.
    - Do you have any sales experience, etc.

2. In house-interview
    -Why financial services and not banking
    -what other firms have you applied to
    - any customer service experience
    - rate your financial knowledge in 1-10 (don't say 10, they just want this for follow-up questions)
    - what is a market cap
    - what is credit default swap
    - what's ur understanding of this role

The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • scenario questions (if you had this client acting this way and another acting this way, what would you do and in which order?)   Answer Question

Analytics Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I went to an open door event where they were showing what the job was about - at the end it's a customer care of very high level. You interact with customers mainly on chat. I spoke with two Italian people, very good people who were asking me why I wanted to change my career to finance (I was coming from a different background) I told them I wanted to try to something new, different. They started to ask me questions about financial terms which I only partially knew. At the end we kinda of agreed that I didn't want the job and they didn't want me to do the job - it's a win2win situation

Interview Questions
    • Explain strategy of European Central Bank about interests / difference between a future and a forward   Answer Question

Sales and Analytics Interview

got the phone interview the day after submitting the online app. very efficient. Just simple questions regarding your CV, why Bloomberg, why this role, your skills...Now still during the process with them.

Interview Questions
    • sell the terminal to non-financial institutions   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P..

Applied through Bloomberg website - Received email correspondence to book me in for a telephonic interview - 15 min interview discussing about walk through CV, what do you know about Bloomberg and role - was invited for a face to face interview at Bloomberg London

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions related to Fixed Income & Derivatives   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

Applied online and it took 3 days for HR to contact me to set up a telephone interview.
    The telephone interview lasted 15 minutes and surprisingly was not from HR but a manager within the sales department. I had not prepare for this.
    The questions the interviewer asked were mainly about my previous experiences, why Bloomberg, why sales ... general questions.
    The next step is a more deep 1-hour F2F interview but I was not short-listed anyway (received a reply back in one business day instead of 3 business days).

Interview Questions
    • To which type of companies would you sell Bloomberg terminals to?   Answer Question

Global Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

1 week after applying on the website for the position, l received an email from HR lady asking me to schedule a phone-interview which was set for 1 week later. On the phone interview, at first l was very nervous and thought l was done but then l got the conversation kept going. the questions were as expected, Why BB? What attracted you to this position? BB products and competitiors. Few days later l received another email inviting me to in-house interview.

The in-house interview is going to be at the end of next week so l don't know what will happen yet. l really would like to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • You have different background why do you want to change it?   Answer Question

Financial Product Sales & Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

1st interview (phone): Lasted 20 minutes. Why do you want to work for bloomberg? CV walkthrough. Easy overall.

2nd interview: videoconference, 2 to 1 (one from sales, one from analytics), 45 minutes. Who are our competitors? Why do you want to work for bloomberg? Why is the bloomberg platform better than thomson reuters eikon? who would you sell the BB platform in a country where we have no customers? Easy overall.

3rd interview: at the london office. 30 minutes shadowing a relatively new hire, followed by 45 minutes 2 to 1 interview (both from sales). Tell me why you would be a good salesman for bloomberg. Who are our competitors? What is the key selling point for Bloomberg's chat system? What are your weaknesses? (that's actually a pretty shite question I would've expected from someone in HR).Overall no hard or technical questions, really.

I'm disappointed because I was not offered a job but I don't know what I did or said wrong; I had the feeling all 3 interviews went just as well, so it's frustrating to get no feedback upon rejection.
    I'd done lots of preparation on several economic topics and financial instruments, which according to other interviewees on glassdoor are usually asked in these interviews, but I was never asked any of these questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is the key selling point for Bloomberg's chat system?   View Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomberg L.P. in October 2014.

I applied online on their website. The process took 1 week. They e-mailed me to conduct a phone interview with me. It occured a week later. They asked the similar questions that are written here such as "Why Bloomberg? Why this position? What can you bring to the company? No other offers made. Some feedback would have been good as it's a entry-level job and I am not sure what I did wrong.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example that proves you are good at multi-tasking?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

The whole process lasted for three weeks approximately, it was composed of 5 rounds:

1) Online Application: Pretty Straightforward, submit CV + Cover Letter and asnwer a couple of basic questions.
    2) Phone Interview: You would receive an e-mail asking if you were available at a certain date, after confirming the appointment would receive a phone call from a Team Leader of the analytics team. The interview will start with introduction, then some basic questions Why Bloomberg? Why do you feel you are a good match? Bloomberg Products? Afterwards it would glance some financial concepts, and your understanding of the range of the product, how clients benefit from it. After we hung up I received an e-mail asking me for a face to face interview.
    3) First Face to face: In this stage you would be in an interview with two team leaders,one from sales and the other from analytics, they would drill a little bit harder on your knowledge of the company, besides the sames questions stated above, they would get on specifics like current news. Afterwards they'll test you on financial knowledge to see your proficiency; in my case it was some derivatives knowledge but I guess it could be anything, finally some sales scenario asking you to sale something you like, this one was tricky because they would be resilient into not buying, you have to be creative into solving any excuses the manager gives you. After the interview next day received e-mail inviting to the next round.
    4) Second Face to face: On this stage, you would have an interview again one representative of each department, this time of a more senior level. The interview was quite random, and it drifted from questions around my cv, difficult financial questions, sales expertise, and personality fit. It was a long interview. It would be pointless to state questions since most were personally crafted. Again you receive an e-mail asking an invite to the next round on the next day.
    5) Final face to face: This time you would have an interview with one higher manager, for me it was from the analytics side. In my particular experience, this stage was a really frustrating experience, the interviewer came in, after introducing herself asked me 2/3 questions on my CV, and said that she didn't have any more questions. Some days after, received an e-mail thanking me for my time, but they weren't going to extend me an offer. I have rewinded my interview several times to try to understand where I failed, or what did I say that resulted in such a short dismissal by the Manager, and still can't figure it out. Maybe it is out of frustration, but I felt she didn't took the time to know me, she dismissed me based on what she concluded by looking at my CV, at this stage seems out of place and feel it is disrispectful.
    I won't give a negative opinion since the overall process and most of the people I talked with were extremely nice, however won't give a positive neither because my last interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • How would you convince a client who doesn't want to buy the product because he feels is overpriced compared to our competitors. (Don't mention quality as the client is happy with competitor quality).   Answer Question