Bloomingdale's

Updated 27 Feb 2015
Updated 27 Feb 2015

2.5

Intern Interview

Case interview worksheet and individual interview focusing on my resume. The case interview was asking about how you would motivate employees and manage them, and after they give you guidance. I was cut off before I could answer the question and she just told me the answer. They didn't answer much about their experiences working there, and instead focused on their experiences before joining the company. It was a very strange dynamic, and the case interview seemed like they didn't really care what you put down or how you explained your answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

I applied for the evening/weekend position and was invited for an interview. I met first with the HR Manager and afterwards, I met with the RTW department manager. She looked over my resume, asked a couple of questions about my past experience, and my knowledge of the department and Bloomingdales. I was offered the job on the spot.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

all behavioral. I had to take online tests then in person tests then had to do two back to back interviews. overall it was a straightforward process and the staff were transparent

Sales Associate Interview

Be confident, warm and professional. Have absolutely no ego on the interview. They will be impressed. On the group interview answer all the questions first. They will ask about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. So be prepared with a great story.

Interview Questions
    • A time where you went above and beyond for a customer?   View Answer

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in February 2015.

Start off with a Group Interview with someone from HR and a department manager, and then contacted for a 2nd interview with the department manager of the department that you will be working for.

Interview Questions
    • Group Interview: What is your availability? Where is your favorite place in the world? What was your best customer service experience as a customer?   Answer Question

Mandarin Interpreter Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and was asked to come in for an interview the next day. The first interview was mainly behavioral and very short, probably about 15-20 minutes. After this first interview, I was informed that I would need continue on with a manager interview. There was an opening available later that day. I met my would-be supervisor and she interviewed me in Mandarin. The questions were the usual behavioral ones as well as more specific hypothetical scenarios. I received an offer immediately following the interview.

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Received a email to schedule an interview about 2 days after application. Scheduled a interview a few days after, it was a group interview. Process was relatively fast and easy. Received an email a few days later that I insedd dos receive the position

Interview Questions
    • How will you handle a customer that isn't pleased?   View Answer

Better offer

Store Management Executive Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

This was an extremely poor interview process and a waste of my time and energy. After coming into the office 3 times for 4 separate one-on-one interviews, I was then told for the first time that I need to pass an online assessment in order to proceed any further. The assessment was completely unrelated to the position at hand and I did not meet their expectations on it (which were never discussed, all I know is I did not pass). I was unable to retake the assessment because answers are, "locked in" to the system for three years. Throughout everything HR Management did not represent themselves in a professional manner. For one, one of the hiring managers was wearing UGG boots while interviewing me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to give an employee unfortunate news and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's in January 2015.

applied online and received an invitation for a face to face interview. scheduled the face to face interview through their online scheduling service. confirmed the interview and made the appointment on time. The process was simple enough because I have learned how to work with Applicant tracking software to include relevant information so that I will be called in for a personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • tell me of a time where you had to go above your direct managers head in order to fix a problem   View Answer

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Applied online and within a few days i recieved an email to set up a time and date to schedule for a group interview. Group interview questions where not difficult to answer however everyone there (5-6 applicants) applied all for different positions. So no one seemed to interact well since everyone had different interests and goals.

Interview Questions

Recieved a better opportunity elsewhere