Bloomingdale's

Getting the Interview

201 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in March 2014.

Interview Details My interview was a group interview with six others. We were asked a series of questions by two managers from HR. They asked us about our retail experience, where we currently worked and a hobby or something unique about ourselves. The interview ranged from going around the room to each person or a choosing each person spontaneously. The interview lasted for about thirty minutes and we then spilt up and we interviewed individually. I met with the HR manager, a manager from another department and the manager from my department. Each interviewer had their own questions and style. Even though it was a long process, it didn't feel overwhelming. It was cool to get to know everyone and chat after the interview was over. Almost everyone seemed genuine and happy to work at Bloomingdale's. I felt very welcomed and all my questions were answered.

Interview Question – What is a difficult experience or struggle you've had and what could you have done to prevent it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview Details I met with head of HR. We went through group interview. Met with the head of sales and then with sales floor manager. All very nice people. Easy process.

Interview Question – The biggest question we were all asked in the group interview was " if you were going to a desert island and you could only take one possession, what would it be?"   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and received an email to set up my own interview date and time and did so accordingly.

Interview Question – My interview process was very easy and flowed very easily, there were absolutely no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I applied seasonly so I received the seasonal rate which isn't very debatable in my opinion.

Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2010.

Interview Details IT WAS FINE

Negotiation Details – it was EASY

Interviewed at Bloomingdale's

Interview Details currently in the process of changing hiring procedure. group interviews are the first step- this enables the interviewer to observe candidates in social situations.

Interview Question – what strength will you bring to a team- a strength that promotes both a competitive and encouraging team environment.   Answer Question

Brand Specialist Interview

King of Prussia, PA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in April 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and received an email asking me top schedule an interview time with the human resource manager. She was very cold, asked me a series of generic interview questions, cut me off as I was answering the questions and looked wholey uninterested in hiring me.

I followed up a week later and was scheduled a second interview with the department manager. She was extremely warm, didn't really ask me any job related questions, gave me a tour of the store and introduced me to everyone is be working with. I received a call the next day.

Interview Question – In your own words, what is the definition of a "Young East Sider" (the name of the department I applied for)?   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in May 2012.

Interview Details The interview was rather painless. Applied online, went to the interview, since I was only in town for the day, I had all 4 interviews in the same day. Was offered and accepted the position before I walked out of the building. They more more focused on the ability to chat with clients and build a relationship.

Interview Question – How would my sales style translate from Colorado to New York   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations at all. Most all the sales positions are draw vs commission

Very Easy Interview

Short Hills, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in November 2010.

Interview Details It was ok. They put you through the ringer with a lot of stupid questions for a position that you get beat up in a lot. What they do not tell you is how nasty the custmers are and that you have to suck up to them and take their abuse. And no matter how nasty a customer is to you and no matter what names they call you the management always defends the customer.

Negotiation Details – We would like to offer you a position to join bloomingdale's.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in September 2013.

Interview Details Interview was a group setting with both the store manager and another employee. This was the store manager's first time conducting interviews, so she went y the book which helped make it that much easier. The questions were simple, it was more about showing personality.

Interview Question – Do you prefer vacations in cold or sunny places?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, was given a salary and accepted it. There did not appear to be any room for negotiation.

Sales Professional Interview

New York, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Bloomingdale's in May 2012.

Interview Details The interviewer in the Bloomingdale's Soho location was very pleasant and welcoming. She not only spoke of the position I applied for but also the opportunities for growth within the company, once I was hired she consistantly checked up on me to see if I was happy and encouraged me to get to know the company and its clients more if I wanted to move into the corporate side of the organization.

Interview Question – Asking what was is my weakness is often a difficult question as it is unusual for one to self reflect in a completely honest manner.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bloomingdale's

Worked for Bloomingdale's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bloomingdale's interview questions and advice. All 201 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bloomingdale's employees and interview candidates.