Bloomingdale's Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.5

Full Time Sales Professional for Gucci Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied on a tuesday recieved an email on friday of that same week asking me to schedule a time for group interview. Two ladies conducted the interview. They were very pleasent but emtionless at the same time.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

The Bloomingdale's recruiters came to my college campus to speak on a panel and after speaking with them and submitting a resume and cover letter I was given an interview at Bloomingdale's offices in New York

GENERAL SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I was phone screened, which went well and the HR manger even said how refreshing it was to speak with someone who was so switched on in retail. Was immediately set up to take an online assessment. She warned me that others have said how unconventional the test is and is like no other I've taken before. I consider myself to be a very intelligent person who has achieved strong marks in school and been successful in Senior district manager positions for 10 years plus. She was not kidding, it was the most unrelated test I have ever taken in my career. The whole thing lasted about 40 minutes and I felt like I was taking a physics exam mixed with theoretical thinking. Needles to say, I received and email the next morning from the HR women saying how sorry she was and she wish things were different, but I did not pass. And they wonder why the bloomingdales/macy's brands are failing? Maybe they should spend more time with relevant screening questions.

Interview Questions

• Rice, barley, and wheat are sometimes grown it hot climates, barley and wheat are grown in asia, and rice is mostly grown in Europe. Is it true that most people know that barley in wet climates. Do you:
      strongly agree
      mostly agree
      do not agree
      no opinion
      WTF!!!!

Answer Question

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

First applied online, followed by a group interview with people applying for all sorts of positions. It was all very trivial/superficial. A visual job requires a set of skills that's entirely different from a sales role. At no point did they ask anything relevant about the actual job itself and what I can bring the table. Meanwhile, I was ready to go with my portfolio and point of view on visuals, etc. If hiring is based on trivial questions like "what would I bring with me to a deserted island", then no wonder turnover is high. Never heard back from Bloomingdale's, not even to say that they passed.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a customer if you're in the middle of dealing with another customer?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Lengthy, 3 interview process. I met with the Cosmetic Manager, The HR lady and the counter manager at the time. It wasn't too bad but definitely must look your best and always dress up. You want to know a lot of about the company you're interviewing for and if possible have retail experience. Apply makeup from the company you're applying and dont forget to smile!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What are your goals, say in 5 years?
      Do you think you can meet the retail goals?
      Are your weekends flexible?

Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

Applied online, received an email a few days later inviting me to an interview, online scheduling system was convenient. I was moving at the time so I was able to schedule it almost two weeks in advance. Typically they do group interviews, but there were only two of us scheduled that day (it had snowed the day before) so the Human Resources Manager met with us one-on-one. About three or four days later I received a call inviting me back to meet with a department manager, which was also a one-on-one interview, that individual showed me the department where I might work, explained some of the basics about how they run things. I was told I would hear back within a day as they were looking to fill the vacancy quickly

Interview Questions

• Why Bloomingdale's?   1 Answer
    • What is one thing your previous supervisor/co-workers/best friend might say about you?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience working in a commissioned environment   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Sherman Oaks, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to schedule a group interview a few days later. Scheduled the group interview for the beginning of the following week. I came in from a very professional standpoint, emphasizing customer service and professional attitude. They seemed to dislike that, and were looking for people with creativity rather than a business attitude. To get the job, discuss how you love art, paintings, and how you learned about yourself through the journey of art. Don't use logic in your responses, use creativity.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Bloomingdale's (Miami, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Online application. Called in for interview. Asked to come back for 2nd interview. Waiting on call back. Interviewer was preoccupied with cell phone. Made to wait 30 minutes. Asked same question twice. When I asked pay scale, was told I would get all of my questions answered in second interview. The job would be a second source of income for me thankfully because I almost turned down the position, however the hrs fit my schedule and the pay rate made up for it.

Interview Questions

• Asked what do you consider a flaw in your work ethic?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay rate.

Intern Interview

Interview

Case interview worksheet and individual interview focusing on my resume. The case interview was asking about how you would motivate employees and manage them, and after they give you guidance. I was cut off before I could answer the question and she just told me the answer. They didn't answer much about their experiences working there, and instead focused on their experiences before joining the company. It was a very strange dynamic, and the case interview seemed like they didn't really care what you put down or how you explained your answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Bloomingdale's.

Interview

I applied for the evening/weekend position and was invited for an interview. I met first with the HR Manager and afterwards, I met with the RTW department manager. She looked over my resume, asked a couple of questions about my past experience, and my knowledge of the department and Bloomingdales. I was offered the job on the spot.