Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated 19 Mar 2015
Updated 19 Mar 2015

2.7

Analyst/Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

After being laid off we were given the opportunity to search for another job with Blue Cross through the company's online job bank. I applied and was called in for an interview within a month. I was not offered the job and later found out that it was given to someone who had not been laid off but wanted to change departments.

Interview Questions

• The one questions that stood out was: "Describe how you would eat a Reese Peanut Butter Cup."   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

I talked to a senior underwriter at a campus recruiting event and then was invited to interview at HQ in Detroit. Mostly behavioral questions to see how you think and reason through a problem.

Interview Questions

• If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?   Answer Question

Web Editor Interview

Interview

Wonderful process. My interviewer was extremely knowledgeable and well-spoken. I appreciated her promptness and her ability to conduct an interview. She was interested in who I am and what I know.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple. An offer, counter-offer, negotiation, acceptance.

Epidemiologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

I only went through the first round, but it was still a very positive experience. All the interviewers were very intelligent and the conversation was very fluid. They communicated that those making it to the second round would be flown to Detroit for the second round, which would include another interview with a panel of interviewers, 45 minute presentation and meeting other team members.

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Basically filled out online application and waited about week. Got call from pre-screener who asked some very general questions about availability and explained compensation and that position would initially be temporary with possibility of being hired permanent.

Proper interview, was about a week later. Interviewed by managers in one-on-one setting for about 45 minutes. Simple situational questions were asked (How do you deal with irate customers?). Also more in depth questions about work experience.

In hindsight, this was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you noticed your colleagues were calling off in protest of some change?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

Applied online and completed a brief set of prescreening questions. Received a phone call within a couple of days for a phone interview, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally one on-sire interview that included meeting with three employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where your peers and colleagues were not available to assist.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was treated well. I was honest about all of the compensating factors and BCBSM exceeded expectations.

Group Processor II Interview

Interview

I discussed my previous experience and was asked the basic interview scenario questions i.e. Describe a time when you had to carry out a difficult task. Tell me about your experience working with a team etc.

Interview Questions

• What does accountability mean to you?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview which occurred 6 months later. Had written off any interview by month 2 to 3. The on-site 1/2 day interview was round robin. Mangers used scripts and I did meet members of the team.

Interview Questions

• How to determine if reported systems information was accurate   Answer Question

Culture was not a good fit

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Applied online. Took a test online along with mock customer service call. Received a phone call and had a telephone interview. Simple question. Must of passed because I was scheduled for a Face to Face interview. Went to a panel interview in from of 3 people . Basic questions, most were situational. Interviewers were nice. Said they would let me know. Applied online, 3 days later received phone interview, week later went to Panel Interview. Havent heard anything yet and it has been a week since my interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle it if you gave a customer the wrong information and found out about the error days after your phone conversation with customer.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Applied online and did not hear back for a couple months. Had a Skype interview and there were 4-5 managers there asking questions. All behavioral-based with some accounting questions thrown in as well.

Interview Questions

• A journal entry question that included unearned revenue   Answer Question