Blue Cross (MI)

Updated 5 Nov 2014
Updated 5 Nov 2014

2.8

Customer Service Representative II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Basically filled out online application and waited about week. Got call from pre-screener who asked some very general questions about availability and explained compensation and that position would initially be temporary with possibility of being hired permanent.

Proper interview, was about a week later. Interviewed by managers in one-on-one setting for about 45 minutes. Simple situational questions were asked (How do you deal with irate customers?). Also more in depth questions about work experience.

In hindsight, this was a very laid back interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you noticed your colleagues were calling off in protest of some change?   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Applied online and completed a brief set of prescreening questions. Received a phone call within a couple of days for a phone interview, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, and finally one on-sire interview that included meeting with three employees.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where your peers and colleagues were not available to assist.   View Answer
    I was treated well. I was honest about all of the compensating factors and BCBSM exceeded expectations.

Group Processor II Interview

I discussed my previous experience and was asked the basic interview scenario questions i.e. Describe a time when you had to carry out a difficult task. Tell me about your experience working with a team etc.

Analyst Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview which occurred 6 months later. Had written off any interview by month 2 to 3. The on-site 1/2 day interview was round robin. Mangers used scripts and I did meet members of the team.

Interview Questions
    • How to determine if reported systems information was accurate   Answer Question

Culture was not a good fit

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Applied online. Took a test online along with mock customer service call. Received a phone call and had a telephone interview. Simple question. Must of passed because I was scheduled for a Face to Face interview. Went to a panel interview in from of 3 people . Basic questions, most were situational. Interviewers were nice. Said they would let me know. Applied online, 3 days later received phone interview, week later went to Panel Interview. Havent heard anything yet and it has been a week since my interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle it if you gave a customer the wrong information and found out about the error days after your phone conversation with customer.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross (MI).

Applied online and did not hear back for a couple months. Had a Skype interview and there were 4-5 managers there asking questions. All behavioral-based with some accounting questions thrown in as well.

Interview Questions
    • A journal entry question that included unearned revenue   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in May 2014.

During the online assessment the testing abruptly discontinued and I was sent back to application for submission. However, it clearing read that an incomplete assessment would discount my application. When I sent an email to the company I never received a reply.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in April 2014.

I applied for the position and was scheduled for a skype interview shortly after that. The interview was easy enough and mostly had general questions about my college experience, goals for my career, and what I expected out of the internship. They then told me the responsibilities I would have and asked how I would be suited for those tasks.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in December 2013.

HR rep did quick, get-to-know me phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked if I was interested in position and set me up with face-to-face interview with two hiring managers. Managers discussed their department, their roles and then asked me about my experience. A laid back interview, both took turns asking questions of my skill set and experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about when you made a error/mistake? What did you learn from that and how you applied the learnings to another situation?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Blue Cross (MI) in September 2013.

Interviewers were prepared and reviewed resume prior to the interview. Questions were objective and assessed skills

Interview Questions
    • Did not encounter an unexpected or difficult question. Prior to interview I prepared by researching and reviewing the information pertaining to the area   Answer Question
    Internal candidates do not have negotiation - pay and benefits driven by HR policies