Bluestem Brands

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Analyst Interview

Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in December 2010.

Interview Details Was brought in for an in person interview for three different positions. Was then brought back for a second interview for two of them. Earned both positions, but was told which one to take based on the current needs of the company.

Negotiation Details – There was not much of a negotiating phase

Account Manager Interview

Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in February 2014.

Interview Details I originally had a phone interview which led into a person-to-person interview. The interview at BlueStem lasted about two hours and I met with different groups of people: marketing, sales, operations. They did a log of the talking which surprised me. They were all very nice people to talk to. I then had a final breakfast interview after I made it into the final three individuals.

Interview Question – Nothing unique really stands out for me.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview Details Very simple and easy. Did not really have an interview, just showed up and did the training.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is what we have to offer.

Marketing Analyst, ECommerce Interview

Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in February 2013.

Interview Details I applied for the job in mid-December. I received a call shortly thereafter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I had that phone interview the day after Christmas. It was a fairly standard interview with an HR staffer.

I heard back after a couple of weeks, letting me know that I was selected for an in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager and the director of the department. These interviews went well, so I was called back in mid-February for a second interview, where I met with two other marketing employees. I really had a good conversation with one of them in particular.

I did not hear back at the time I expected followup, so I called the hiring manager. I found I did not get the job, but they were looking to see if they could add me in another role. This did not turn out as well. That being said, it was still a positive experience as I look for the right job for me.

Interview Question – What was a situation where you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview Details Several sets of interviews that included human resources, peers, managers and higher level leadership. I was asked many questions about my experience, how I handled situations in my previous employment and how I would handle them here. We talked at length about the culture here. We went through my portolio in detail. The people interviewing me seemed really eager and enthusiastic to talk to me and all seemed to genuinely like the company.

Interview Question – I was asked about a time when I had to deliver bad news to someone, and how I handled it. That kind of threw me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a tiny bit. They have awesome benefits, so I didn't feel like I really needed to.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Eagan, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in September 2012.

Interview Details I had a phone interview as well as an on site interview.

I had applied and been interviewed, thought that overall the interview was ok. It went well for the first interviewers who asked technical questions and explained the project more, but then the "talent acquisition director" from HR, the last of my 5 interviewers came in.

She seemed very disinterested and made it plain that I was a waste of her time. I have no doubts that she made the call not to hire.

I got notice a few days later that I did not get the job.

a month later, I got another call back asking if I was still interested in the job, I told them I took another contract and was told to "be in touch" in the coming months as the position is like to still be open.

None of my emails have been answered.

Interview Question – I was asked a riddle by one of the developers.   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Bluestem Brands Talent Acquisition Manager responded to this review

Jul 09, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. Feedback helps us determine if we are achieving an important objective of our interview process: delivering positive experiences for all candidates. We continuously ... More

Analyst Interview

Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in July 2011.

Interview Details Basic programming questions, strengths and qualifications. Straight forward and easy. Laid back company so laid back interviews.

Interview Question – Describe your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Senior Contact Center Operations Analyst Interview

Minneapolis, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in July 2011.

Interview Details I received an email from the Talent Acquisition Manager while I was out of the country on vacation. I responded and said I would return in two weeks. She said that would be fine, and when I returned, she set up two days of interviews. I interviewed with my hiring manager and the VP above him at the headquarters in Eden Prairie, and then later that week I drove up to Saint Cloud (where the call center is) and interviewed with a panel of four people. The culture is very casual at Bluestem, which was apparent during the interviews. I was, of course, all decked out in a suit, and my (eventual) boss was wearing jeans and a neon green shirt. In terms of interview questions, they were pretty typical behavioral questions. Nothing too surprising.

Interview Question – Describe how you would measure customer service.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a base salary, and when I asked for more (approximately 5%), my boss said that I would make that and more with the yearly bonus. He did, however agree to revisit my salary at the six-month mark, which he did. I got 4% then, after 6 months of good work.

Marketing Interview

Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in March 2012.

Interview Details The hiring process was very efficient and smooth. After applying you are contacted for a phone interview if they are interested in you. After that I was contacted to come in for a face-to-face interview with a few people in the company and was later called back for a final interview with yet a few more people in the company. They are a results-oriented and analytical company so be ready for some analytical-type interview questions. Overall HR was very prompt and flexible when scheduling the interviews and everything was very well organized. They were friendly, welcoming, and professional throughout the whole process. I was impressed!

Interview Question – Not needing an exact answer, but being more concered about how you come up with the answer to this question, how many McDonald's do you think there are in the U.S.?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bluestem Brands in December 2009.

Interview Details typical

Negotiation Details – counter offer made and accepted.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Bluestem Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Bluestem Brands – Why Work for Us?

About Us With three flourishing, distinct retail brands, three campuses and more than 1,000 employees, there is always something exciting happening at Bluestem Brands. We have a distinctive value proposition: We are a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bluestem Brands interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Bluestem Brands employees and interview candidates.