Bob Evans Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2014

1.9

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Applied online. Got called in for an interview. Talked for a bit. Got asked to come back in 45 minutes in the proper Bob Evans uniform. (I later learned that this particular ASM was a bit silly.) Got the job.

Interview Questions
  • Do you like challenges? If you do, come back in 45 minutes in the proper uniform and the job's yours.   View Answer
"You start at $8 hourly."
"Oh."

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Filled out application, got a call the next day, met with two managers, got the job.

no negotiation

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bob Evans.

Applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. I had an initial interview and then was scheduled for a second interview with the general manager. I was offered a position and had to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was pretty simple. There weren't any unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Bob Evans in March 2012.

I went to an open interview and was first asked to fill out paperwork. I was then interviews by the assistant manager and asked basic interview questions like "name a time you resolved an issue with a difficult person". About 10 minutes later I was interviewed by the general manager and essentially asked the same questions and given scenarios in the restaurant industry. I was hired immediately afterwards by the general manager.

No negotiation

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenfield, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenfield, IN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2011.

I picked up an application, went home and filled it out. Came back that same day asked to see the manager. He asked a few questions on the spot then scheduled an interview with a higher manager. I went to that interview I was again asked a few questions and hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What was a stressful moment you have had and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mount Laurel, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bob Evans in November 2011.

Applied online and contacted the next day by a manager at the restaurant. A few days later, when I came in for the 1st interview, I waited almost 20 mins and it wasn't even busy. I met with one of the assistant managers at the restaurant, Liz. Was asked several basic questions. Interview lasted about 10 mins. Was told that she will move me on for a second interview with another assistant manager.

When I came in for the 2nd interview, the person I was suppose to meet with didn't even know she was suppose to meet with me. She even came up to me and asked "who I was." I told her I was scheduled to meet with her after my 1st interview. Apparently, the 1st interview never passed the message on. Then she couldn't even find my application. When she walked back to go look for it, she stopped to talk to a customer/friend of hers for nearly 25 mins as I sat and waited! Then she went into her office for another 10 mins and came out and said that someone else will be meeting with me. We had about a 10 min conversation/interview and was told there will be a 3rd interview with the General Manager. Never heard from them again. I didn't even bother to call them b/c of the experience I had coming in a 2nd time. There seems to be bad management at this restaurant.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Port Richey, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Port Richey, FL (US)

I found out that Bob Evans was hiring from Indeed.com and then that Friday I walked in and asked for an application. Then I gave the application to one of the managers, and a couple hours later I got a call for an interview for the following Wednesday. That interview was a 2 on 1 interview with an Assistant Manager and an Assistant Manager in training. They asked 5 EASY questions ...#1. What is my availability? ...#2. Do I work well in a team? ...#3. Do I have reliable transportation? ...#4. What do I know about Bob Evans? ...#5. Will I be comfortable with their uniform?
    They both enjoyed my interview..we were aughing ALOT of the time, then they told me to expect a call for the second interview. The next day I was called for the second interview on the Saturday with the General Manager. When I got there the manager was sooooo smiley and more happy to see me than anything. She said she had no questions for me because she knew that she wanted me for the job because she was watching me during the first interview. She asked me if I had any questions and I asked about the uniform..and then she hired me..I wont fill out any paper work until my first day! I'm so excited this is my FIRST job :)))))

Interview Questions

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!