Boeing

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Boeing

Interview Details First few rounds are solely behavioral questions. Onsite meeting with managers have more technical questions.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a problem working with teams and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in November 2011.

Interview Details Referred to the position from an employee contact, applied through BESS System, was contacted for an in-person interview with a management panel. Interviews (at least for business professionals) are standardized and STAR-based; Situation, Task, Action, Result. HR has since told me that employee referrels are forbidden, but they occur frequently.

Interview Question – "Describe your experience working on a team with individuals from diverse backgrounds or cultures."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Received an email from an HR Rep, accepted their first offer.

Business Analyst
Huntington Beach, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in May 2012.

Interview Details The STAR method if interviewing is used.

Interview Question – Describe a time you didn't agree with a team member in a group environment. What did you do? What was the situation of the outcome?   Answer Question

Renton, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in September 2008.

Interview Details Boeing has a great Structured Interview process, every candidate gets asked the same questions so the interview is very fair. You really have to study the job description and the application so that your prepared for the interview. I really liked it they asked me great questions and because I had looked at the website I answered well

Interview Question – Tell us about your background and skills   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes your able to negotiate and counter.

El Segundo, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in April 2012.

Interview Details Used STAR interviewing technique. Interviewed with three on my panel. I didn't understand why they had three since e just took turns reading the questions.

personally I felt one of my interviewers had a bad day and I felt my interviewers where less prepared to answer my questions. I didn't get a good feeling for wanting to work there.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you handled x situation.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in October 2011.

Interview Details very tough almost unanswerable questions cant really prepare for this

Interview Question – describe our ethics and how you would apply them to meet or exceed our standards   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Auburn, WA (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

Interview Details I was interviewed by a panel of 3. They employed their "structured interview process" which consisted of a number of questions that start with "tell me about a time when..." . While I think that this is a very objective way to interview a group of candidates, the assumption is that every candidate will have the experience that they are asking about--something that is highly unfair if you don't have an exact match. For instance, "tell me about a time when you led a diverse team of people. What was the situation/tasks involved, what actions did you take, and what was the result?" So what if you led a team of people that wasn't diverse? Or perhaps you were part of a diverse team but didn't lead it? What if the situation had nothing to do with a type of position you were applying for?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you led a diverse team?   Answer Question

Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in January 2008.

Interview Details They hosted a college hiring event in Seattle and they interviewed in the hotels where you can hear other applicants interviewing. It was a structured interview.

Interview Question – Tell us a time where you have to multi task, tell us the situation, the tasks involved, the action you took, and what is the result.   Answer Question

Business Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing in February 2008.

Interview Details There were three interviewers and then me. They asked 5 behaviorial questions.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had difficulties with your manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was only able to negotiate length of time to accept offer nothing about benefits.

Mesa, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Boeing in December 2008.

Interview Details I received an initial phone panel interview where I was asked questions where I was to name the situation, the actions I took and the outcome. They really focused on gauging leadership and problem solving. The people on the phone were warm and inviting.

The second interview they flew me in and asked about 5 basic questions, "Tell me a time when..." Again it was easy to be engaging, even though there were 6 people in the room. I was then given a site tour so I could see the facilities and their operations.

Interview Question – Tell us of a time when you had to deal with a difficult co-worker or customer. What was the situation, actions you took and outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was a take it or leave it offer. I did counter-offer with the reply that there was no negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boeing

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing Business Analyst interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees and interview candidates.