Boeing Interview Questions

2.8

Intern Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aldershot, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aldershot, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

Applied online, short telephone interview with HR and invited to interview the following week. Panel interview with 2 software engineers, the boss and HR rep, quite informal but very professional aswell. Prompted answers if started to struggle, stuck to STAR approach so research this.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Milton Keynes, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in April 2014.

Applied on-line via LinkedIn was contacted by HR within a few weeks and was given more information about the role & company and also to conduct a telephone interview giving me a chance to explain my current situation, interests and skills and how they will be applicable.

I was then invited to a face-to-face interview the following week to a panel of 2 and all of the questions are competency based interviews with the STAR approach.
    e.g. "Tell me about a time when..." & "How did you react under pressure" etc

I was actually quite enthusiastic and I made sure I touched on aspect of the job in the answers I provided.

An offer was made the following week!

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions be genuine and relate past experiences to the job role   Answer Question
    n/a

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southend-on-Sea, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southend-on-Sea, England

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing in April 2009.

Structured interview panel with per packaged questions. Expect 3 or 4 people to take turns asking you questions and then evaluating your response privately with a score.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are of the same format. Be prepared for questions framed as "tell me about a time when...." "You had a disagreement with a teammate " or "you were faced with a challenging situation at work" .... And how did you handle it   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boeing.

The first call was from HR to setup an interview directly with the hiring manager. The actual interview call was fairly laid back as they listened to experience and previous duties. There was no standard template they followed (what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc). It was all to the point of the particular position. The in person interview was casual as well with questions about my past experience but with a little more detail. After that I was given a tour of the area I would be working.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really, I thought was too tough. All though I have been in interviews and asked technical textbook questions which hardly anyone uses outside of an advanced college engineering course.   Answer Question
    Have a number in mind, but know that they are likely to hold on to your initial salary asking in the form you filled out when you first applied. Even if after the interview the job is more demanding then the requisition states. The problem is the HR is virtual in another state so they are not motivated to negotiate much on behalf of the hiring manager if your over their offer.

Systems Engineer III Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Boeing.

There is a structured interview process for direct hires.The questions are often not technical and more about whether you will get in trouble if hired. The hiring process from applying to offer can take months. Contractors get a technical interview and can be hired in weeks. There is no direct conversion from contractor to employee. You have to interview against others for your job and then they low-ball you on pay. They lose good people this way.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you had to work with someone from another culture. It was completely irrelevant to the position.   Answer Question

The rate of pay was much lower than comparable jobs in the St Louis area.

Assembly Mechanic Interview

Applied online, and received an email requesting that I fill out more info in accordance to the application process. Week later received an email invitation for interview. Arrived onsite with over 100 other people... Interview seemed very impersonal and the people doing the interview seemed like they were in a rush to complete as many as possible.

Interview Questions
    • recall a time you made a mistake, and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Business Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Boeing.

The interview was the STAR Method, four behavioral questions, relatively simple if you prepare for STAR questions. Started with how does your education and experience prepare you for this, etc.

Finance Interview

The interview was acquired through college connections. There were three managers from Seattle to ask questions that would determine if the candidate is suitable for work at Boeing. Towards the end of the interview, the managers asked for preferences of workplace.

Review Process Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Boeing.

I was approached at a recruiting event at my college. I had one interview there, a phone interview a few weeks later, then was flown to St. Louis for an all day event with multiple interviews culminating in a group interview where I and 5 others were presented with a challenge to talk and work through. All of the individual interviews were of the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • It's all pretty standard stuff. Be prepared to talk about your past work experience in story mode. I recommend actually writing out several responses based on the job req you are interviewing for.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Boeing.

There was one phone interview with 3 people. They had set questions to ask where they could not go off the script and had to record everything you said. I expected there to be a second round of interviews at the plant but they made an offer after only the single phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They were all "Tell me about a time..." type questions.   Answer Question

Decided job was not best fit for me.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!