Boeing

2.8

Intern Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aldershot, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aldershot, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Applied online, short telephone interview with HR and invited to interview the following week. Panel interview with 2 software engineers, the boss and HR rep, quite informal but very professional aswell. Prompted answers if started to struggle, stuck to STAR approach so research this.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton Keynes, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in April 2014.

Applied on-line via LinkedIn was contacted by HR within a few weeks and was given more information about the role & company and also to conduct a telephone interview giving me a chance to explain my current situation, interests and skills and how they will be applicable.

I was then invited to a face-to-face interview the following week to a panel of 2 and all of the questions are competency based interviews with the STAR approach.
    e.g. "Tell me about a time when..." & "How did you react under pressure" etc

I was actually quite enthusiastic and I made sure I touched on aspect of the job in the answers I provided.

An offer was made the following week!

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions be genuine and relate past experiences to the job role   Answer Question
    n/a

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southend-on-Sea, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southend-on-Sea, England

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing in April 2009.

Structured interview panel with per packaged questions. Expect 3 or 4 people to take turns asking you questions and then evaluating your response privately with a score.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are of the same format. Be prepared for questions framed as "tell me about a time when...." "You had a disagreement with a teammate " or "you were faced with a challenging situation at work" .... And how did you handle it   Answer Question

Illustrator Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boeing.

Contract to direct hire, started as a contractor but was hired on after 6 months. Work was an adjustment for a couple weeks, after that repetition and learning the product made it easier every month after that. Software was not taught, had experience and what I did not know I had to learn on my own while there, which was the best thing for me.

Weeks

Industrial Engineer I Interview

I had a structured telephone interview, it consisted of four to five behavorial style questions. The interview was with two managers. The interview probably took about forty five minutes. I was told that my answers did not necessarily have from a work situation but also from experiences outside of work.

Interview Questions

I received a better offer from another company.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

Phone interview that consisted of 6 questions, not one of which was about my background, all were personality type questions. Some vaguely worded such that they almost seemed like a trap.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a challenge due to diversity.   Answer Question

Technical Illustrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Boeing.

1. When applying, make sure to referrence key terms from job posting in your resume.
    2. Boeing uses the Structured Interview process, focusing on how interpersonal dynamic issues are encountered and overcomed. Questions target problem solving responses.

Interview Questions
    • When answering questions, clarify and slow down your responses.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I received a screening call one month after applying. The ONLY questions in the screening call were about compensations and financial expectations. One month later another call from hiring manager, two weeks later on site interview. It was a panel interview. However interviewers were not well prepared, questions all typical STAR style, not too difficult. No technical questions/

Principal Engineer/Scientist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

The hiring manager had already decided to hire me and told me so in the first five minutes of the on-site interview, including the pay - rest was just talking with the group members, visit to the plant and dinner. However, it took six months total from start to finish and a lot of telephoning and emailing the hiring manager before the interview itself took place. He had seen me earlier presenting my papers elsewhere at technical conferences.

The hiring manager offered me a job and pay right at the beginning of the on-site interview. So, I took my time, and counter-offered within a week or so. After he renewed the offer with 10+% increased base pay, I still asked for other bonuses, like, signing bonus, higher relocation expenses, and one month stay at the hotel after moving instead of the usual two weeks - all of which he agreed upon. He also asked me to start on Jan. 2, rather than Jan. 3 or later, so that I would become eligible for the regular pay raise in March. that was a very helpful hint. However, it did take a lot of to-and-fro communication but was well worth the wait!

My suggestion to any potential employee at this senior level is: never take the first offer, always counter-offer with appropriate reasons, they expect it; signing bonus, relo, initial stay at hotel, etc., come from a different pot of money than the manager's home account, so always ask for it. Boeing is pretty lenient about it. This was in 2000 era, I don't know what the situation is now though, and the response may depend from manager to manager.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boeing.

I applied online and about 7 weeks later, I got a phone call for interview. Was contacted by HR manager to set up time for interview a week after.

No negotiation