Booz Allen Hamilton Interview Questions

2.7

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2014.

first was a phone interview and since i had a Harvard MBA i connected via my alumni office so not much pressure on the interview. I was asked about sales target at the previous role , and how many clients i could bring over

not enough money

Intern Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in June 2014.

The hiring procedure was very good I must say. The recruiter was really really helpful by making sure I completed the necessary steps before I went in for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview wasn't difficult at all. I interviewed with two employees and it was more like a normal conversation then the more cliche and cookie cut interview process.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate to receive the top pay for the position.

SIG Interview

Interview asking about myself followed by a technical interview. I applied after meeting them at a job fair at my school. They reached back to me very quickly and interviewed me.

I was not able to negotiate it had a strict salary.

Associate III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tuscaloosa, AL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in March 2012.

Employee referral. Process took 3 months. Two phone interviews, one with recruiter and one with senior manager. The secret to getting hired is to know someone who is with the firm.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Technical questions related to the job.   Answer Question
    No really. Take it or leave it.

Consultant Interview

Had a prelim phone interview, basically behavioral. Be able to elaborate on your experiences and how they would apply to this job.

Then had three separate interviews at the DC office. Two were behavioral, one was case.

Interview Questions
    • It was about deciding whether or not to take a manufacturing company into another country. How would you decide whether or not it would be profitable and how would you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Very thorough and long interview process that lasted about two hours; interviewed with the entire team I'd be working with and for; good HR overview of benefits; interview gave me a good idea of the work I'd be doing and what the expectations were for the position I was being interviewed to fill.

Technologist - Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockville, MD (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in July 2014.

The interview was basically a cattle call. There were a number of tables set up in 2 rooms. We were asked to sit at a table and the interviewers came and asked each of us questions. My first interviewer seemed a bit distracted but after engaging her in conversation a little more she seemed to respond well. The second interviewer was very nice and was interested in me as a candidate which was nice. We were told at the end of the interview that we would hear from our recruiters by the middle of the following week. I didn't hear from them so I sent a follow up. About a 2 weeks after the interview I received a phone offer, and it took another week or two to have the paper offer drafted and sent to me. I accepted the offer, although the salary was a bit lower than I was hoping for.

Interview Questions
    • When I interviewed I didn't know that this was for the position of a technologist (business systems analyst), so the most difficult questions were about my technology/coding history which I did tell them I have very minimal knowledge but am willing to learn. Stressing that you are willing to shape yourself to the company is very important.   Answer Question
    I told them what I would like and they came back with a counter offer. Although lower than I hoped, this is a Junior position so I didn't have high hopes for the pay. It was higher than what I was expecting at first but not as high as I hoped.

Associate Interview

My interview process was conducted in phases. The first phase was a phone call with the career manager. Second, a face to face interview with a team from the company. Third, an additional phone conversation followed by a fourth phone conversation with members of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    There were none.

Lead Technologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton.

The hiring process at BAH is very organized and gives any candidate all the details they need. The interviews are done by at least two people, but they ask standard questions for anyone who is prepared.

Management Consulting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Booz Allen Hamilton in November 2010.

This was straightforward for me, as I was more experienced in their area of need than they were. They did attempt to push me into a box during a portion of the process, though I could see what they were doing.

Interview Questions
    • Due to my experience, there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question
    The declining economy left me with little negotiation space. They did hire me a level under where I should be, which unfortunately was expected

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!