Boston Consulting Group

Updated 8 Dec 2014

4.0

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Applied through online system, email came a couple of weeks after, and it contains interview invitation. Interview consisted of two case interviews by separate interviewers, who are both principals in BCG Singapore. Each interviewer starts by asking some fit questions such as 'why consulting?', 'why BCG?', and 'why you?'. That was followed by a case and an opportunity to ask the interviewers a few questions.

Interview Questions
  • The first case was about a market entry strategy for a researcher that has invented a novel laser technology. The second case was about a strategy to increase productivity in Singapore. The latter one was particularly hard because it was not like typical case interview questions. There was an equation given and you're supposed to compare between Singapore's productivity and New York's.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Applied for the summer recruitment drive. First round interview over Video conference since I applied for Dubai office. Good at feedback. Not so good at organising interview dates. Try to go for in person interviews if possible unless you are very good at communicating thought process to interviewer over video.

Associate Consultant Interview

Online application and a little back and forth with the recruitment manager. First round interview was in person, with two consultants. The interviews were tough and the consultants don't provide too much comfort if you get off to a shaky start. This was followed by a 1 hour 'aptitude test', involving verbal and numerical comprehension and reasoning. It started easy then got quite difficult towards the end, and was very business focussed, in comparison to some of the more generic aptitude tests out there.

Interview Questions
    • A case study about a customer service phone company in Kenya. The question was actually asking to calculate the per unit profit.   View Answer

Associate - Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in London in November 2013. Enjoyed the process and found the staff friendly, interesting and approachable, including my interviewer.

Day consisted of a fairly simple quantitative maths test, a case study interview and online case study test (graph and data interpretation, verbal and numerical).

Interview Questions
    • Business case - need to improve a retail bank's sales force productivity with a focus on their employee incentive scheme   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

Applied online, was invited to take BCG online test. This test is a case based scenario where you need to answer questions based on information you'v been provided. The math is quite easy and you are provided with a calculator. I would suggest to read those questions carefully as they are quite tricky and not as strait forward is they can seem at the first glance.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that you can't move forward unless you have correct answers to previous questions. So check your answers twice before approaching next questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2012.

It was the first round of interview. One 1 to 1 interview (45min long) and one numerical and reasoning test on computer. People there are verrrry friendly. The interview was a classic consulting firm interview. We started review my CV and then we switch to a case study. We ended with generic questions. The numerical test was much more harder than the exemple the provided me few days before. Do not neglect this part as it was really tough.

Interview Questions
    • About what I disliked the most during my last internship (I wish I had more responsibilities) : Have you asked your superior to have more ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2012.

Online application + tests (online at their office, other people could read your screen) + interviews. Did not get thru the first interview round: both had brainteasers and it seemed I was doing fine but one of the interviewers was downright rude. Would not give you time to even finish your sentences. Never seen that at McKinsey.

Interview Questions
    • What is the annual income of London Metro system - the interviewer refused to specify whether this includes overground, he would argue with my estimates up to decimals (!)
      Just a confusing experience. Again, nothing like that with McKinsey

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2008.

Applied to the london office and had a first round interview in the San Francisco office since I was living there at the time. Had a 1hr numerical test which was fine, have to think quickly but finished it with enough time to check answers. Then had a 1:1 interview with partner which was combination of personal experience and case interview. Totally messed up the case interview - panicked when i knew i was missing the key question to ask and couldn't work out what it was. in the end the guy told me what the answer was and i knew there and then i hadn't made it through to the next round!!! Definitely will prepare more thoroughly this time around!

Interview Questions
    • An elevator company wants to know why their sales have fallen and with it their profits. quantify the loss they have made and tell me how we need to get around it.   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Recruited on-campus, had first and second round interviews, both at the BCG office. First round was done by consultants, second was by partner/principal. The partner/principal interview was much less structured than the first round (much less like the case interviews I prepared for), but that was fine. I got the feeling that the partner was really watching me closely as I answered to see if I was being authentic and to see how my performance during the interview would extrapolate to on-the-job performance.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you not plan to return to the consulting firm you interned with last summer (where I had a return offer)?   View Answer
    Basically no negotiation for salary, since salaries are standardized across the company (you might be able to negotiate your base salary up, but at the end of the year there's a target salary they aim for, so your bonus will be adjusted to take this into account).

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Began with an online application followed by a phone interview with a series of behavioral questions. After that there were two rounds of case interviews. The case interviews were each 45 minutes and started with casual conversation and standard behavioral questions and then there was the case. The cases were never too bad, but make sure you understand how to structure your solution and really talk out what you're thinking and doing so the interviewer can follow you.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to change your stance on an issue?   Answer Question