Boston Consulting Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

54 interviews

4.0

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Online application and a little back and forth with the recruitment manager. First round interview was in person, with two consultants. The interviews were tough and the consultants don't provide too much comfort if you get off to a shaky start. This was followed by a 1 hour 'aptitude test', involving verbal and numerical comprehension and reasoning. It started easy then got quite difficult towards the end, and was very business focussed, in comparison to some of the more generic aptitude tests out there.

Interview Questions
  • A case study about a customer service phone company in Kenya. The question was actually asking to calculate the per unit profit.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate - Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in London in November 2013. Enjoyed the process and found the staff friendly, interesting and approachable, including my interviewer.

Day consisted of a fairly simple quantitative maths test, a case study interview and online case study test (graph and data interpretation, verbal and numerical).

Interview Questions
    • Business case - need to improve a retail bank's sales force productivity with a focus on their employee incentive scheme   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2012.

Online application + tests (online at their office, other people could read your screen) + interviews. Did not get thru the first interview round: both had brainteasers and it seemed I was doing fine but one of the interviewers was downright rude. Would not give you time to even finish your sentences. Never seen that at McKinsey.

Interview Questions
    • What is the annual income of London Metro system - the interviewer refused to specify whether this includes overground, he would argue with my estimates up to decimals (!)
      Just a confusing experience. Again, nothing like that with McKinsey
        View Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2012.

It was the first round of interview. One 1 to 1 interview (45min long) and one numerical and reasoning test on computer. People there are verrrry friendly. The interview was a classic consulting firm interview. We started review my CV and then we switch to a case study. We ended with generic questions. The numerical test was much more harder than the exemple the provided me few days before. Do not neglect this part as it was really tough.

Interview Questions
    • About what I disliked the most during my last internship (I wish I had more responsibilities) : Have you asked your superior to have more ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2008.

Applied to the london office and had a first round interview in the San Francisco office since I was living there at the time. Had a 1hr numerical test which was fine, have to think quickly but finished it with enough time to check answers. Then had a 1:1 interview with partner which was combination of personal experience and case interview. Totally messed up the case interview - panicked when i knew i was missing the key question to ask and couldn't work out what it was. in the end the guy told me what the answer was and i knew there and then i hadn't made it through to the next round!!! Definitely will prepare more thoroughly this time around!

Interview Questions
    • An elevator company wants to know why their sales have fallen and with it their profits. quantify the loss they have made and tell me how we need to get around it.   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Düsseldorf (Germany)
    Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Communication with HR was very efficient and extremely friendly.
    Interview 1st round was as described. 2 interviews with cases. The interviewer were very friendly. Cases weren't tough, but time was very limited. Online case was less numerical but more about business sense and logic.
    2nd round is three interviews with cases and more difficult. Fit to company is the more important part, I assume.
    BCG called with really good feedback after.

Interview Questions
    • How would it make you feel if you made an analysis and found the best option for a client but he decides to go another way which you know wouldn't benefit him as much?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2010.

Case interview conducted by consultants, principals and partners current working at the BCG office in Sao Paulo. Additional interview with HR as a final check. The best way to prepare is by studying and practice case interviews, there are tons of case study books online

Associate Consultant Interview

Interviewed on campus, standard initial round of two case interviews. Lots of feedback provided. Then an additional case prep and second round which consistent of three case interviews. People were very friendly. May be due to the fact that people were recruiting on campus. I interviewed from DC for New York.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2014.

Technical questions geared as though the interviewee is in a class romm regurgitating theroy

Associate Consultant Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I was first invited to a preparation Workshop, it covered the firm’s culture, recruitment process and a sample case analysis. I found the sample case analysis very useful. So there were 3 rounds of interview, each round composed of 2 case interviews. I was interviewed by a principal first, and then a consultant. Unfortunately, I did not make it through the first round. I would recommend interviewees to develop a framework instead of tackling the questions intuitively.

Interview Questions

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!