Boston Consulting Group Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014

3.9

57 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Consultant Interview

Online application and a little back and forth with the recruitment manager. First round interview was in person, with two consultants. The interviews were tough and the consultants don't provide too much comfort if you get off to a shaky start. This was followed by a 1 hour 'aptitude test', involving verbal and numerical comprehension and reasoning. It started easy then got quite difficult towards the end, and was very business focussed, in comparison to some of the more generic aptitude tests out there.

Interview Questions
  • A case study about a customer service phone company in Kenya. The question was actually asking to calculate the per unit profit.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Associate - Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in London in November 2013. Enjoyed the process and found the staff friendly, interesting and approachable, including my interviewer.

Day consisted of a fairly simple quantitative maths test, a case study interview and online case study test (graph and data interpretation, verbal and numerical).

Interview Questions
    • Business case - need to improve a retail bank's sales force productivity with a focus on their employee incentive scheme   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

Applied online, was invited to take BCG online test. This test is a case based scenario where you need to answer questions based on information you'v been provided. The math is quite easy and you are provided with a calculator. I would suggest to read those questions carefully as they are quite tricky and not as strait forward is they can seem at the first glance.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that you can't move forward unless you have correct answers to previous questions. So check your answers twice before approaching next questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2012.

It was the first round of interview. One 1 to 1 interview (45min long) and one numerical and reasoning test on computer. People there are verrrry friendly. The interview was a classic consulting firm interview. We started review my CV and then we switch to a case study. We ended with generic questions. The numerical test was much more harder than the exemple the provided me few days before. Do not neglect this part as it was really tough.

Interview Questions
    • About what I disliked the most during my last internship (I wish I had more responsibilities) : Have you asked your superior to have more ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2012.

Online application + tests (online at their office, other people could read your screen) + interviews. Did not get thru the first interview round: both had brainteasers and it seemed I was doing fine but one of the interviewers was downright rude. Would not give you time to even finish your sentences. Never seen that at McKinsey.

Interview Questions
    • What is the annual income of London Metro system - the interviewer refused to specify whether this includes overground, he would argue with my estimates up to decimals (!)
      Just a confusing experience. Again, nothing like that with McKinsey
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2008.

Applied to the london office and had a first round interview in the San Francisco office since I was living there at the time. Had a 1hr numerical test which was fine, have to think quickly but finished it with enough time to check answers. Then had a 1:1 interview with partner which was combination of personal experience and case interview. Totally messed up the case interview - panicked when i knew i was missing the key question to ask and couldn't work out what it was. in the end the guy told me what the answer was and i knew there and then i hadn't made it through to the next round!!! Definitely will prepare more thoroughly this time around!

Interview Questions
    • An elevator company wants to know why their sales have fallen and with it their profits. quantify the loss they have made and tell me how we need to get around it.   View Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

I went to all the campus events and the people were extremely nice. Once I had been picked for first round interviews they introduced me to some current employees who would practice cases with me over the phone. The interview was two 45 min cases. The people were very nice but it seems BCG is looking for you to drive the case on your own more than some of the other consulting companies.

Interview Questions
    • case on 1 company buys another and wants to know what to do with the two distribution channels.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in October 2014.

I was at a target school, applied on the website, interviewed about a week after applying. They were pretty difficult case interviews. You need to be quite experienced with case interviews before going to a interview with them. Suggested amount of practices was about 20 - 30 cases. They expect you to lead the case a lot. So be structured and be creative!

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interviewed on university campus for first round interview. Interviewed by 2 different people, each was 45 minutes long. The interviews had a few behavioral questions followed by a case and then time for questions and answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when it was difficult to be a leader   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2014.

Very efficient process. Applied on campus, was contact after 6 days for an on-campus interview. The interview includes 2 back-to-back interview. The case itself was not hard, the hard part was for you to take charge and explain areas you want to explore. In other words, the analysis was not difficult, but to ask the right questions to extract the right data was the challenging part.
    The interviewers were extremely nice. Having been through the dreaded stress test interviews for other firms, I found BCG's interviews to be very pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a bar chart and had to struggle a bit to figure out what new meaning the graph shed on our current business situation   Answer Question