Boston Consulting Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated 3 Jul 2014

3.8

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Same as being consultant, however less rounds. Rally depends on who you meet. Sometimes you meet someone who is like you, than it clicks. If not - you are out..

Interview Questions
  • Name the capabilities a great consultant shall have. You answer something smart - Follow up question is, now tell me about situations where you have proved that you have these capabilities.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Intern Interview

Very smooth process! Quick turnaround.

Intern Interview

Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

Cases were very specific and the interviewer questioned every line of reasoning. They evaluated every aspect of your thinking structure, the way you presented your thoughts on the matter and how you work under severe pressure.
    The 2 case interviews were based on your problem-solving skills rather than your past experience.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to evaluate the value of a business in Italy, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Drop resume, got a call in a week

Interview Questions
    • guestimation calcuate daily revenue of starback located in US   Answer Question
    I did pretty well on guestimation

Intern Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter, then received a first round interview that took place at their headquarters. The interview consisted of two 30-40 minute cases with two different interviewers. Both case interviews included 5-10 minutes of general questions about my resume and past experience as well.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of working with a difficult person in a group setting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

i had to do a test about a bunch of data about the airline industry that i found quite difficult due to the different unit of measures of profitability that this industry uses.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2013.

After a recruiting presentation at the university, there was an initial test (GMAT-based). Those who got approved were scheduled two interviews with Project Leaders. The last round was composed of two interviews with Partners or Principals, mostly with Partners.

The office is extremely customized and beautiful. As I have been interviewed with all major consulting companies, I can tell that there was a very friendly, relaxed environment, in which the interviewers sincerely wanted to know you better, both from a business and form a personal point of view.

In hindsight, I could see that several points mentioned in the recruiting presentation (such as respect for the employees and informal culture) were definitely true. I did not have similar experiences in the rival firms.

Interview Questions
    • What are the most important factors to look into in the merger of two very big pharmaceutical companies? Inside each of these factors, which further areas deserve more attention?

As the case progressed, more data was available for the candidate.

In the end, the interviewer asked about recommendations for the client, which naturally was one of the pharmaceutical companies.
        Answer Question
    I was able choose the starting date that fits best for me.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Standard interview with case studies and behavior questions. You just have to be really insightful and logical. And be prepared for the excel functions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

One on one interview with the project team's junior associate.
    Nothing usual, but talked about my past work history, no case interview.