Boston Consulting Group

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details Same as being consultant, however less rounds. Rally depends on who you meet. Sometimes you meet someone who is like you, than it clicks. If not - you are out..

Interview Question – Name the capabilities a great consultant shall have. You answer something smart - Follow up question is, now tell me about situations where you have proved that you have these capabilities.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details Very smooth process! Quick turnaround.

Interview Question – Straightforward cases and behavioral   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details Application submission through school website and BCG website. They contacted me for a first-round interview, and informed me that a second-round interview would happen one week after that. For the final interview, the would fly me to their office for a formal interview. I only made it to the first round interview, but both interviewers were very nice and understand the situation I was in.

Interview Question – Case on different kinds of alcohol   Answer Question

Milan (Italy)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

Interview Details Cases were very specific and the interviewer questioned every line of reasoning. They evaluated every aspect of your thinking structure, the way you presented your thoughts on the matter and how you work under severe pressure.
The 2 case interviews were based on your problem-solving skills rather than your past experience.

Interview Question – If you were to evaluate the value of a business in Italy, how would you do it?   Answer Question

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2013.

Interview Details One on one interview with the project team's junior associate.
Nothing usual, but talked about my past work history, no case interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Intern
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in August 2013.

Interview Details After a recruiting presentation at the university, there was an initial test (GMAT-based). Those who got approved were scheduled two interviews with Project Leaders. The last round was composed of two interviews with Partners or Principals, mostly with Partners.

The office is extremely customized and beautiful. As I have been interviewed with all major consulting companies, I can tell that there was a very friendly, relaxed environment, in which the interviewers sincerely wanted to know you better, both from a business and form a personal point of view.

In hindsight, I could see that several points mentioned in the recruiting presentation (such as respect for the employees and informal culture) were definitely true. I did not have similar experiences in the rival firms.

Interview Question – What are the most important factors to look into in the merger of two very big pharmaceutical companies? Inside each of these factors, which further areas deserve more attention?

As the case progressed, more data was available for the candidate.

In the end, the interviewer asked about recommendations for the client, which naturally was one of the pharmaceutical companies.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able choose the starting date that fits best for me.

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2013.

Interview Details Had first round interview in Atlanta. Two 45 minute interviews with first 10 minutes behavioral. Had market entry and cost case. Practice unit conversion because that is what through me off.

Interview Question – Look at this slide and tell me which supplier we should use.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details Drop resume, got a call in a week

Interview Question – guestimation calcuate daily revenue of starback located in US   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did pretty well on guestimation

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details Submitted resume and cover letter, then received a first round interview that took place at their headquarters. The interview consisted of two 30-40 minute cases with two different interviewers. Both case interviews included 5-10 minutes of general questions about my resume and past experience as well.

Interview Question – Give an example of working with a difficult person in a group setting and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Milan (Italy)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in September 2013.

Interview Details i had to do a test about a bunch of data about the airline industry that i found quite difficult due to the different unit of measures of profitability that this industry uses.

Interview Question – What can you bring to the company?   View Answer

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!