Boston Consulting Group

440 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Consultant Interview

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details Online application and a little back and forth with the recruitment manager. First round interview was in person, with two consultants. The interviews were tough and the consultants don't provide too much comfort if you get off to a shaky start. This was followed by a 1 hour 'aptitude test', involving verbal and numerical comprehension and reasoning. It started easy then got quite difficult towards the end, and was very business focussed, in comparison to some of the more generic aptitude tests out there.

Interview Question – A case study about a customer service phone company in Kenya. The question was actually asking to calculate the per unit profit.   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in December 2011.

Interview Details 3 rounds.

Interview Question – Case study related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details Submitted CV and cover letter, received a response within a few weeks, had to wait another month or so to interview. Interviewed with two consultants, one business case, one brainteaser-type case, plus a few competency questions from each interviewer, plus the BCG numerical test at the end.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time it was better to do something on your own than in a team.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details Three stages. Initial problem solving and excel based testing. Second interview is case studies and general interview with managers. Final interview is with hiring partner.

Interview Question – The problem solvers here are very hard and the case studies are not easy either. The interviewer will pressure but guide when needed.   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

Interview Details 3 rounds, all at their offices in London:

Round 1: 1 case interview with a low-level consultant (for anyone coming out of a PhD, they'll look about the same age), one online test similar to the Mckinsey PST and one arithmetic test.

Round 2: 2 case interviews with project principals with some personal experience tagged on the front.

Round 3: 3 case interviews with partners, again with some personal experience tagged on the front.

I didn't find the process getting more difficult/intimidating as the rounds progressed. But obviously the competition your facing gets tougher. I screwed up a bit in at least one of the final round cases so I cant complain about not being hired - they were friendly but tough but fair.

Interview Question – I got asked by multiple interviewers at multiple stages about a time where I had to successfully handle conflict within a team. In some cases it may have been because I alluded to the fact that there was conflict so there's a hint: they'll grab any chance they get to find out about how you fare under stress, conflict and pressure.

I also got the silent treatment in one of my final round interviews. Almost every question I asked was met with "what you your own assumptions be?" or "How would you go about it?". The guy warmed up a bit by the end though.
  Answer Question

Associate - Consultant Interview

Associate - Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in London in November 2013. Enjoyed the process and found the staff friendly, interesting and approachable, including my interviewer.

Day consisted of a fairly simple quantitative maths test, a case study interview and online case study test (graph and data interpretation, verbal and numerical).

Interview Question – Business case - need to improve a retail bank's sales force productivity with a focus on their employee incentive scheme   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2013.

Interview Details Arrived. All interviewers friendly. Case about a pharmaceutical company with new drug. Involved maths, graph interpretation. Found that the task was very much about making a structure but then interviewer guiding through the rest of the interview. Interesting experience. Approachable interviewer.

Be careful to watch out for simple but tricky maths

Interview Question – When have you had to take a risk?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in November 2012.

Interview Details Online application + tests (online at their office, other people could read your screen) + interviews. Did not get thru the first interview round: both had brainteasers and it seemed I was doing fine but one of the interviewers was downright rude. Would not give you time to even finish your sentences. Never seen that at McKinsey.

Interview Question – What is the annual income of London Metro system - the interviewer refused to specify whether this includes overground, he would argue with my estimates up to decimals (!)
Just a confusing experience. Again, nothing like that with McKinsey
  View Answer

Consultant (Entry Level) Interview

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details First stage is CV screening. Then you go to a sort of 'assessment centre' - with 2 20 minutes interviews (cv and case study) with 2 different employers and an online test. Results are given within a couple of days after the interview.

Interview Question – Market size questions. E.g. estimate the total market for hotels in italy   Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Junior Consultant

I applied online and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details Applied online after attending a campus event. BCG is good in that they appreciate their candidates education, and offer an intermediate role between an associate and a consultant for those joining them with a PhD. Got through to the interviews onsite for three different assessments, one was a live case study with a current consultant, one standard arithmetic test, and one case study on paper format.

Interview Question – Case study wasn't too difficult, but one really has to be used to the format before coming in. Practice is the key!   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Consulting Group interview questions and advice. All 440 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Boston Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.