Boston Consulting Group

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Prague (Czech Republic)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2014.

Interview Details Standard online application for summer intern with written ability test first. I attended the test only out of curriosity - had other plans for the summer at that time.
The test is not predominantly logical and for rough math skills but rather for speed reading (i.e. typical GRE or GMAT test) unlike with Mckinsey.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult of challenging.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details On campus recruiting, and the recruiting process was quite pleasant. The people seemed very nice and we got to meet a lot of the interviewers the day before at dinner for the 1st round interviews. The second round was at the office preference, and was with 2 manager or higher people. Both interviews quite difficult.

Interview Question – Unexpectedly did not have very much behavioral. The cases were quite straightforward up until the 2nd round where there were some curveballs.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed at the BCG office in Philadelphia. Interviewers were very professional, nice, and encouraging. I enjoyed the experience. I kind of bungled the first interview a bit which is why I think I didn't make it to the second round.

Interview Question – Tough case on airplane company. Lots of synthesis required in terms of charts and data; the math was fine, just being able to keep the information together was a bit difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in March 2012.

Interview Details Online application, followed by an invitation to solve an assessment test in the office.
The test was quite tight in terms of time, but nothing more than pure math.
Then a 2 one-on-one interview, with a small personal component and then two case interviews. One case was about organizational design, the other was a new product evaluation and conditions to succeed.

Interview Question – One of the cases was a new product evaluation, which was completely random and unexpected.   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2013.

Interview Details Self introduction (30 sec)
Several questions on resume (2 min)
A case study ( about a IT product company trying to expand in China) (6 min)
Several more questions (since I solved the case too fast) (5 min)

Interview Question – What do you think about this interview so far?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

Interview Details I've gone through several banking and consulting interviews, but people at BCG definitely seemed most friendly and yet also most intellectual. Although it is somewhat difficult to land an interview with them, once you receive an invitation for the first round interview, as long as you've been preparing for the case interviews, it should not be EXTREMELY difficult. My first round was back-to-back interviews, about 30 minutes each. Case portion took most of the time each session.

Interview Question – They use real cases... mine was both about increasing efficiency while maintaining profitability.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details The first round was very typical. There were two cases involving profitability and new business, with graphs and tables to analyze, both interviewers were very friendly and gave standard behavior questions, why consulting, leadership roles, team work. Oftentimes the interviews are running late, but do not feel rushed when answering the questions, it is better to think through your answer.

Interviewed at Boston Consulting Group

Interview Details Went for a summer analyst interview. Hit me with two retail cases. Asked about personal experiences related to leadership, academics, etc.

Interview Question – Most transferable skill from a previous job.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2010.

Interview Details Called in for 1 1:1 interview and a computer business analytical test. The 50 minute interview was 50/50 personal and case oriented. The case was a market entry case into a new part of the health industry.

Interview Question – 3 things not on CV that I would be interested in   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in January 2011.

Interview Details Resume/Cover Letter/ Transcript. Interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews. Both interviewers spent 5-10 mins asking "fit" questions 20-30 mins on the case and 5-10 mins for questions afterwards. Both the cases were relatively straightforward, one about whether to acquire a company and another about identifying the drop in revenues for a railroad company.

Interview Question – What is the most interesting thing you have done while at school?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boston Consulting Group

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boston Consulting Group Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Boston Consulting Group employees and interview candidates.