Boston Consulting Group Visiting Associate Interview Questions

3.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Visiting Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group.

The HR liaison was extremely helpful in explaining the recruitment process. The office I applied to organised for me to pass a test in my nearest BCG office, which I found to be convenient.

Interview Questions
  • I passed the online case study. It was more challenging that I expected. Questions were a mix of quantitative and qualitative.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boston Consulting Group

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oslo (Norway)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oslo (Norway)

Applied online and was asked to interview two weeks later. After passing the first round of two interviews, had a second round of two interviews a few days later. Well planned process and nice atmosphere.

Interview questions were varied, but got two M&A questions.

No negotiation

Visiting Associate Interview

The first step consisted in a logical test and in a numerical test. Not extremely difficult but time was the major constraint. The second step consisted in a case to be solved at a PC. Similar to any business case, the fact that there was no interaction with an interviewer did not help. Moreover, differently from a face-to-face interview, time was measured at the second. The third step was a face-to-face interview with background questions and a market estimation question.

Interview Questions
    • The online business case itself was the most challenging part.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in May 2012.

Classic Process as most of the consulting firms. 1 numerical test + 2 rounds (for my case). Each round included 2 interviews. Each interview took 45 minutes : presentation + business case + questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really. Preparation before the business cases helped me a lot.   Answer Question
    No negociation with BCG acually. They have the same package for all the interns.

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2012.

1st Round: Online Case
    2nd Round: 2x 1:1 interviews with 40:40:20 split between personal:case:questions 45 mins each.
    3rd Round: same as second round but with more senior staff members 1 hours duration each.

Plenty of time to ask questions and get asked questions.

All the interviewers and HR staff were extremely kind and encouraging. The selection process was handled quickly with constructive feedback at certain stages. All the aspects of the interview process contributed to the image of BCG being an extremely enjoyable place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Business cases vary depending on previous experience of interviewers.   Answer Question
    • Personal interview - going through CV to usual personal experience/competency questions - .e.g. teamwork etc...   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madrid (Spain)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madrid (Spain)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in April 2012.

Boston Consulting Group internship recruitment process for Madrid consist of 3 stages.

First stage: computer based test including some quantitative and qualitative aspects of business etc.

Second stage: two interviews of combined case and personal qualities. They lasted about an hour each with a split of 5 min introduction, 25 minutes personal, 25 minutes case and 5 minutes in the end to ask any questions. The interviews are with mid-level consultants or project leaders.

Third and final stage: two more interview of combined case and personal qualities with more senior members of the firm. Usually principals but if necessary a partner may be required to assess a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty standard and cases were pretty standard too.   Answer Question

Visiting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Boston Consulting Group in February 2011.

6 stage hiring process: 5 live case studies and 1 computer-base with quantitative questions. The 5 live case studies were all preceded by some talking about my Resume and at the end of the cases there was room for the candidate's questions. The last case study was submitted by an HR, so it was a little far away from reality.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were based on real cases by consultants in most occasions, so a high variability of cases is possible. It is very important to specify the sources from which you would have looked for the needed data and all the logic steps you would have taken.   Answer Question
    The offer was good and the HR were very kind in agreeing the length and the starting date.

Worked for Boston Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!