Boston Scientific Interview Questions

Updated 7 Apr 2015

2.9

Quality Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

An initial phone screen was set up approx. 2 months after I had filled the application out online. The phone screen was easy, mainly going through your resume, why you wanted to work for Boston Scientific and any questions that you have. I then received an email stating that they would like to meet me in person and I was given a phone number to coordinate schedules. The women was extremely nice and they email out an itinerary of who you're speaking with, when and where.. Day of I arrived on site and had to get set up with security for a name badge to wear, everything went really smooth. I started off by speaking with an HR representative for a half hour she went over company culture and why I was drawn to the position. What I hoped to bring to the table, things like that. She was really nice and it was all fairly routine. She brought me down to a meeting room where I was having a panel discussion with 5 people. They were all male (I'm female) and while some where really nice and asked insightful questions about how my background would blend with the potential job, I felt like there were two individuals who clearly disliked the fact that I was female and would try and prompt rapid fire questions almost as if to catch me off guard. A very dated and egotistical method if you ask me. Since, unfortunately, I'm use to men interviewing in this type of manner I wasn't rattled by it, but it definitely made me start to question the type of people I would be working with. There are always a few bad apples in every company and some of the men that were in the interview were very nice, like I said. I left not knowing exactly how I felt, it went well, but I felt like those two individuals had already made there decisions about me. A week later no one had reached out so I did and was told that they were still searching and conducting interviews (they said in the meeting that they were in the stages of wrapping it up) and would "circle back around once everything is complete". I haven't received an offer yet two weeks later and I don't expect to.

Interview Questions

• Very basic "tell me a time when you" all about conflict resolution, career highlights and why, I studied up on specific items this location in particular made, but no one asked.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spencer, IN (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific (Spencer, IN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their website. Got an initial call from the recruiter for an interview after about 6 weeks. Heard back after 4 weeks to schedule an onsite interview. Took them another 4 weeks to get back to me with their decision.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Valencia, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview first. Then after the phone interview I was invited for a in person interview. During this interview I met a project manager and two of his employees. All the interviews were back to back and a little overwhelming. Overall all the interviewers were very polite and tried to make the situation as comfortable as possible. I'm currently waiting to hear back from them for a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experiences involving leadership roles?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral. They called a month later for a phone screening that lead to an on-site interview the following week. The in-person interview consisted of 3 groups of 2 people for a half hour each. They asked some questions about relevant FDA regulation topics and more about relevant experience for the job (IQ, OQ, PQ, root cause analysis and CAPAs). I heard back from HR two weeks later that they were moving forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about relevant background experience and thought processes.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

Totally three rounds. Face to face and two onsite interviews. Behavioral questions. The third round was just to introduce me to all the team members. Second round was more technically oriented

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a difficult problem. Give example   Answer Question
    • Enter a question you were asked.   1 Answer

IS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

The hiring and interview process included applying online, a pre-interview dinner, and two back-to-back interviews. All employees were friendly and the questions were pretty standard. The response took about 2 weeks after that, and they send the offer via email. From applying to response, the entire process was about a month.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Boston Scientific.

Interview

I applied in November and got a call back pretty quickly. I received an email from someone in Talent Acquisition and was told I would be speaking with the recruiter for the position. Questions were very basic about work history, technical experience, things like that. He made it sound as if he had multiple positions available, that I may be a good fit for one or more of them, and that he would pass my info along to the hiring managers, and if they were interested, we would do a phone interview.

Things got a little annoying after that as I had to coordinate with someone in HR to speak with the hiring manager and proceeded to get stood up by the hiring manager for phone interviews 3 times. It was a lot of back and forth with HR as they relayed messages back and forth between the manager and I. When the manager finally called me, they didn't mention the fact that they stood me up 3 times and made it clear they didn't look at my resume or know anything about my experience. The phone interview did not go well!

Overall, it was a somewhat annoying experience. I wasn't dying to work at Boston Scientific, but I just want to not have to keep getting stood up for phone interviews and to keep a little of my dignity.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty easy, but I think the manager thought I was way more SAP technical than I actually was at the time. I think I got some convoluted question about something technical related to SAP about a module I'd never worked on before, and had to explain how my job and responsibilities didn't cover that.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Interview

well planned, good HR, did their homework, on time, good questions, did their best and came prepared, talked about the work and the next steps, talked about career growth, helpful, good directions.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maple Grove, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Boston Scientific (Maple Grove, MN (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Was contacted on Linkedin by BSc recruiter. After a phone interview with HR and then one with the hiring manager I went in for a 2 hour interview on site. The interview was split into two group interviews. First with 3 BSc managers and then a peer interview with 3 engineers. After that there was a tour of the facilities. Good overall experience and well organized interview.

Engineer Interview

Interview

They flew me out to their location for an in person interview, paying for all my expenses (flight, car, hotel) and even had their real estate agent take me on a tour of the town to check out housing options. The interview was on a Friday, and they told me they'd get back to me early the next week.

Two weeks later and still no response from them. Finally I had to track them down and force them to tell me they weren't offering me a job. After a certain point, I can take a hint, but to tell candidates that you will let them know of your decision within x days and then to completely ignore that deadline is beyond rude. If I hadn't reached out, they just never would have called me. I'm sure telling people that you're not offering them a job is no fun, but if you don't like it, don't get a job in HR. So disappointed with their HR team.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty standard, textbook, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years" kind of interview- nothing too difficulto r unexpected.   Answer Question