Boys & Girls Clubs

47 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Coordinator Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in February 2010.

Interview Details Very positive, and easy going process. People were friendly, quick, and overachieving.

Interview Question – If you could have dinner with any 3 people either dead or alive, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Child Care Staff Interview

Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2011.

Interview Details Met with boss for short informal interview and got the job a week later.

Interview Question – What is your extensive experience with children?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Summer Camp Counselor Interview

Summer Camp Counselor

Interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs

Interview Details The process of getting a job at the camp was to either know someone that works there currently or to be hired through the counselor in training program.

Interview Question – I never really experienced a formal interview   Answer Question

Grants & Contract Manager Interview

Milpitas, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2010.

Interview Details The process was done at the administrative offices. The panel was prepared with appropriate questions and I was given sufficient time to answer them. The panel was friendly and open about the organization and I learned a lot about how it operates, which gave me an opportunity to evaluate how it would be working there.

Interview Question – What was my previous experience working with foundations and how did I develop the relationships to advance my position in obtaining grants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was not difficult. They met my salary and benefits requirements.

After School Program Staff Interview

After School Program Staff
Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in December 2012.

Interview Details I responded to an ad on Craigslist and received an invitation to interview within a week. I was asked to show up with a my resume and a list of activities I would consider leading with the children. I interviewed with the Child Care Director and the teacher with whom I would be working. It was very laid back. They asked basic questions about my previous experience and why I wanted to work with kids. They also shared stories about the kids they worked with, giving me a good idea of what to expect on the job. At the end, I was invited back for a working interview so that they could evaluate how I interacted or "clicked" with the kids.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty basic. They gave scenarios that were a little trick to answer because I didn't know their policies. "Pretend you are serving the kids snack (family style) and one kid begins to complain and make a scene saying that somebody got an unfair amount. How would you react to or diffuse the situation?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There's not much room to negotiate salary but your schedule is pretty flexible.

Part Time Seasonal Staff Interview

Interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs

Interview Details I got hired when I was 15, I came to the interview in soccer workout clothes because I had practice right after. The YDS was very understanding and didn't try to treat me like an adult applying for a very formal position.

Interview Question – All the questions were difficult, I was 15.   Answer Question

Digital Connectors Program Instructor Interview

Interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs

Interview Details I was referred to them by a hiring company and I was interviewed only once. I was interviewed by a panel of 5 people. They had a list of questions and asking one by one. Most of questions were from background knowledge and experience and I did good on that.

Interview Question – There was a question asking about what you have done to improve the process in your previous jobs.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got busy with my college and studying. Plus I didn't have any transportation on that time.

Very Easy Interview

Program Director Interview

Program Director
Utica, NY (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview Details Very informal interview. I applied for a position as a program director and was given a job offer. I later found out that the position was not open and had to accept a position as a group leader.

Interview Question – The interview was very informal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Activities Coordinator Interview

Activities Coordinator
Escondido, CA (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview Details They emailed me right away for an interview, and it was an overall positive experience. I felt like they wanted to ask me a lot of questions that were related to the job, but they also wanted to know what drew me to the company and the position.

Interview Question – What is another application for a pencil, besides writing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was pretty straightforward, not a lot of room to negotiate.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview Details Submitted a resume based on a craigslist posting. Got a call back, interviewed with CFO, then with president, CFO, and HR manager.

Interview Question – they were all pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boys & Girls Clubs

Worked for Boys & Girls Clubs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boys & Girls Clubs interview questions and advice. All 47 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Boys & Girls Clubs employees and interview candidates.