Boys & Girls Clubs

Relevance Date Difficulty

Support Staff Interview

Support Staff
Trenton, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in April 2012.

Interview Details They were very detailed. I felt like they genuinely cared about providing the best services to the members. I put in an application on April 2, 2012. I had an interview on April 16, 2012 and was hired the same day.

Interview Question – All questions are based around following childcare and NJ After 3 guidelines.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Director Organizational Development Interview

Director Organizational Development
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in April 2014.

Interview Details Initial interview with recruiter, then panel interview with hiring manager and others. Recruiter left organization in middle of process - communication from organization stopped. No coordination with candidates regarding change for communication and/or receipt of materials/info sent to recruiter

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Director Interview

Director
Santa Monica, CA (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in August 2013.

Interview Details Usual questions. Apparently there has been a great deal of turn over in this particular department. The approach to acquiring new donors is through direct mail (very expensive). Staff is not allowed to talk with and/or meet with Board.

Negotiation Details – With the reputation of such a fine organization, I was surprised they gave me the offer letter on the first day of work. My mistake, always ask for the offer letter before you start the job.

Manager, Programs and Business Interview

Manager, Programs and Business
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through another source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in March 2010.

Interview Details Very good process and warm staff. I never felt that it was unorganized. The only issue was that the position itself was undefined and the collective organization did not necessarily approve of it. Obviously I found out about this AFTER.

Interview Question – What is something that you could work on?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told what the salary was.

Computer Lab Instructor Interview

Computer Lab Instructor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview Details Was initially given a tour of the facility by two Boys & Girls Club members. Interviewed by the Program Director and Unit Director. They were very professional and very specific in their questions regarding experience with technology and working with children.

Interview Question – None of the questions were very difficult or unexpected. Questions related to technical aptitude, experience working with children and where I saw myself in three (3) years.   Answer Question

Teen Specialist Interview

Teen Specialist
Loveland, CO (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied on their website, and received an initial interview the following week. It was a very typical interview with different scenarios where I was asked to explain how I would respond in different situations. I was also asked about my previous experience and how I would relate to the kids I would be working with. I was called back for a second interview, which is not until next week.

Interview Question – This is not a direct quote, but I was asked something like "Since the Teen Program at our center is relatively new and undeveloped, what steps would you take to help grow the program and how would you try to attract more teens in our community to the program? Also, how would you help more teens understand that this program is not just for younger children?"   Answer Question

Program Director Interview

Program Director

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs.

Interview Details Pretty standard process. Submit a job application and resume to HR. They will call to set up an interview, which involves two people. They ask questions related to the job you're applying for, give scenarios and ask your response, ask about experience and interest in the organization. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Responding to scenario questions would be difficult if you have no experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not do a lot of negotiating, they offer you a position.

Staff Coordinator Interview

Staff Coordinator
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in February 2010.

Interview Details Very positive, and easy going process. People were friendly, quick, and overachieving.

Interview Question – If you could have dinner with any 3 people either dead or alive, who would you choose and why?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Child Care Staff Interview

Child Care Staff
Chandler, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2011.

Interview Details Met with boss for short informal interview and got the job a week later.

Interview Question – What is your extensive experience with children?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Grants & Contract Manager Interview

Grants & Contract Manager
Milpitas, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Boys & Girls Clubs in May 2010.

Interview Details The process was done at the administrative offices. The panel was prepared with appropriate questions and I was given sufficient time to answer them. The panel was friendly and open about the organization and I learned a lot about how it operates, which gave me an opportunity to evaluate how it would be working there.

Interview Question – What was my previous experience working with foundations and how did I develop the relationships to advance my position in obtaining grants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was not difficult. They met my salary and benefits requirements.

Worked for Boys & Girls Clubs? Contribute to the Community!