Bridgepoint Education Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014
22 interviews

Admissions Counselor Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2010.

Easy,I had a 1:1 interview with a manager and then a group interview with two managers. Interview's were the same day. Very relaxed. Received a call back the following day. Started the following Monday.

The hiring process has changed since then. There is more red tape, candidates will be filtered through their talent acquisition team and interviewed by both these reps and a manager or two of the hiring department. Could be up to 2/3 interviews max. Also included background checks- strict on college background specifically. If you say you graduated and never did, HR will catch it and release you immediately. Be honest, if you are a few credits short from graduation, be upfront about it.

Interview Questions
    • How would you guide someone academically if they are not interested in education?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in January 2011.

They were launching a site for their subsidiary, Ashford University, in Denver, CO. When I came to the facility for my interview I had step over cables and construction when I arrived. There was no signage so it took a while to find the office. When I did find the office I had to walk down hallways to find the hiring managers.

Systems Engineer III Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Initial contact was a Phone screen. I then had an in person interview which lasted about two and a half hours.There were two individual interviews, one by the director of product delivery and one by the products supervisor. Each were about an hour. I had a skills test after that and then was presented an offer.

Interview Questions
    not flexible on benefits and PTO. Ask for more money. Trying to get reasonable increases as an employee is difficult, if not impossible.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Used a temporary placement agency

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing really out of the ordinary in their hiring process.   Answer Question

Too low of salary

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in June 2010.

The hiring process was pleasant and professional. I interviewed with a phone screen interview and then one in person interview at the Corporate office in Poway. I was offered the job at the in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a student told you they want to apply but they need to talk to their husband first.   View Answer
    The hiring range was $38,000-$43,000 if I recall. I was offered $38,000 and I countered with $42,000 based on my previous sales experience, the interviewer went to get it approved with her supervisor and came back and offered me the job within 15 minutes. I am not sure if all interviewees are offered the job at the 1:1 interview, but I did ask for the job, as I feel that you should ALWAYS do if you do in fact want the job.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

The recruiter called me for quick phone screening and then two days later they called me to come in for in person interview. I was interviewed by two people, it lasted about 45 minutes. The next day they called me again to come in for the second interview to meet with their executives the interview lasted for about an hour and half.

Interview Questions
    Still waiting for an offer.

Admissions Counselor Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in October 2012.

Pretty standard process for applying for the job. Found the listing for the job online and sent them a resume. Next step was a phone interview. After that I went in for an interview in person. The interview was with three people and was pretty standard except for the questions from one of the interviewers. Upon reflecting on it afterwords, I think he was trying to gauge my problem solving abilities. The first odd question was how I could get my resume on one page without changing the font size. Well I have always thought that the best resume was one page, but I can't seem to make mine fit anymore. After talking about adding columns etc, his idea was to use the back of the page. To me that is not solving the problem, but just saving a piece of paper. It is still technically two pages, but just one sheet of paper. Anyway the next one was even better. He said, "Simple question, how many pay phones are in New York?". No mention at all about how would you find out this information or anything, just how many. Keep in mind this position was for a $10/hr intern. I was so taken aback I simply said I don't know. I think he was looking for me to tell him how I would go about finding out this information, but to me that is a really stupid way to test problem solving. Needless to say I didn't get the job.......thank goodness.

Interview Questions
    • How many pay phones are there in New York City?   View Answer

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education.

Let me start by saying that this was the most unprofessional experience I have had. The first red flag (besides the poor reviews of the HR and recruiting department on here) was when the recruiter called me while I was driving and asked me if I had a few minutes. I said I was driving and would be home in 15 min to call her back. She disregarded that and just continued on with asking me several questions for about 5 minutes even though I said it was not a good time. At the end of it, she set up the actual phone interview for the following day. The day after that, I was in the office for an interview. This was the only plus. The office was great and I really enjoyed the two hiring managers I met with. However, I was told by the recruiter I was interviewing with one hiring manager so I had no idea who the other was - another strike for the recruiter.

Interview Questions

I received a request to fill out a reference check form within a few hours of my interview and was told to reach out to all of my references so they can expect the call, which I did. By end of day, the recruiter called me with an offer because "the hiring managers were so impressed with the interview."

And then things went downhill really quick. She gave me the terms of the offer and I asked if it were possible to negotiate for a small amount more. ( I was already taking a big salary cut.) She said she would get back to me. For the next week I got no response to any of my emails or calls. Finally, three days before my expected start date, she calls me and says that they could not match my request and they had "taken my request into consideration and offered the role to someone else."

Moral of the story, don't expect professionalism and salary negotiations are a deal breaker.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Bridgepoint Education in August 2008.

The first interview was done over the phone and consisted of me talking to a developer and a manager, and going over some basic development quetsions. The second interview was via webcam because I was out of state, and was more of the same. The final interview was in-person, at the office, and they actually flew me in to do it.

Interview Questions
    Easy, they asked how much I wanted, I gave them a number, and they accepted. I should've gone higher...

Worked for Bridgepoint Education? Contribute to the Community!