Broadcom Engineering Interview Questions

3.5

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer Interview

I was selected on a campus recruitment, where they took a test based on an undergrad course of basic knowledge and then tool 2 phases of interview

Interview Questions
  • They asked about some leakage current in PMOS, what may be the possible causes and how to prevent   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Broadcom

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in April 2012.

1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • lot circuits and vlsi related question , c ,aps   View Answer
    fixed salary

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2012.

During the phone interview, I talked for 1 hour with the group leader. He mainly asked me questions about concepts of operating systems and C programming, e.g., what is static variable in C, what is auto variable, what is race condition and what is the difference between process and thread, and the like.
    I was informed to take the on-site in roughly two days after that.
    During the on-site interview process, I was interviewed by four people. Questions include operations on linked list, embedded system, how a process is functioning, how to test a segment of memory using C and some questions related to my resume, mainly about my past education and working experience.
    The office and work culture look pretty nice. Suggestions to other candidates would be to familiar with operating system concepts and details of using C, especially when you ask for a firmware design or test engineer which is more related to hardware level.

Interview Questions
    • Using C programming language, how would you test the memory bitcells of a certain segment given to you?   View Answer
    • How to insert and delete an element in a linked list?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in August 2011.

The phone interview took an hour on a Saturday and we have subsequently set up in-house interview the following week. There were 5 rounds of interviews, each with 1 to 2 interviewers. Most questions were focus on the technical know-hows and experience in solving design questions. The work culture appears to be very chaotic and unorganized. However, there seems to be room for the company to grow.

Interview Questions
    • How do you diagnose a set-up violation on silicon using scan?   Answer Question
    • What are the pros and cons of the following logic test methodologies: at-speed scan with LOC and LOS, path-delay testing, n-detect testing, iddq testing, topology based testing and LBIST.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in March 2011.

first phone interview, two weeks later onsite interview

Interview Questions
    • Name and describe the 3 modes of operation of a transistor   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Clara, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in February 2011.

talked about my projects
    asked about some elementary digital design knowledge, such as setup time and hold time, how to eliminate hold time

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in January 2011.

Got a phone call inviting me for an interview. Office looked great, nice people. A 1:1 interview in which I was asked basic logic design questions and personal questions. Was asked about projects I have done, courses taken and general interest.

Interview Questions
    • Plan a logical design which gets a single read/write bit every clock cycle, and a number. The design should store the histogram of the written input, and display it on a read command.   View Answer
    • What problem might occur?   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Irvine, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Broadcom in July 2010.

One day interview, several engineers, 45m-1hr each

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Broadcom in June 2010.

phone interview about three or four persons
    on site interview, about 6 persons.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Broadcom in May 2010.

frankly speaking; I did not have any technical interview because the hiring manager know well about my background in the industry. we just had a quick talk and was shown around in the office. two days later I got the offer and I singed it after two days.

Interview Questions
    • how if this office closed and you need to move, is that OK?   View Answer

Worked for Broadcom? Contribute to the Community!