Brookdale Senior Living Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

2.6

Health and Wellness Director Interview

Interview

I met with ED and Regional Nurse in person. That was then followed up with a phone interview with regional hr representative. Met with the ED again to discuss the details of the position and then I accepted the offer.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview. It was a phone screen and a one on one interview. I got hired the same day as the interview. The interview was very easy and the question were not hard to answer. The overall experience was very easy and anyone can get hired throught this company.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Poor if they even call you back. They posted a position and had filled it the same day it was posted internally. How fair is it that they have no one a chance. I guess if you don't kiss butt or are a family member, BFF or neighbor you can't get a job

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

The entire process was fairly straight forward with HR leading you through all of the way. Make sure that you understand your finance/accounting. Know company history and a little bit about the people who work there. All in all, you should not have a tough time.

Interview Questions

• Leadership, exp., why school x etc.   1 Answer

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Loved it...i got to interview with all directors, they were very friendly that I even forgot that I was having a interview, there job was to make sure that they could possibly find a job for me. I would recommend to anybody who wants a place of employment, where they would enjoy work, and actually want to be there.

Interview Questions

• What positive attributes could you bring to this company?   Answer Question

LVN Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living in February 2015.

Interview

Quick and pleasant. I found job listing online, called and spoke with Exec. Dir. who asked to meet with me the following day. Arrived at the community, which felt very "home-like" and discussed position with Exec. Dir.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversation, which was nice, however I could tell I was being interviewed.   Answer Question

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

This interview was different because I was already an employee. So I didn't have to submit an application. I just told my manager I was interested in applying, so she asked me to give her my updated resume and we set up a time to "talk". I think I may have asked as many questions, if not more, of her as she asked of me regarding the position. It was pretty informal overall and I wasn't nervous at all because she's really easy to talk to. I think I may have known that I already "had" the job but at the end she did stay politically correct telling me that she had more people to interview and she would "let me know" (wink-wink).

Interview Questions

• When it comes to employee appreciation and recognition, do you prefer cupcakes or donuts?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any scheduling experience?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the promotion - in title only - which I accepted. No salary increase given (yet) and Part-time status promised down the line sometime in the future (currently Per-Diem).

Pl Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Brookdale Senior Living (Jacksonville, FL (US)).

Interview

Group interview with a panel of interviewers for the 1st. Serving interview is with the director if the department and assistant. I don't care for group interviews but the head if HR was very organized and willing to answer any questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked regarding what to do in scenarios that involve patients with dementia   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the job, and paid for training. Pay could have been more but it's above minimum wage. They are willing listen and the benefits were good.

RN Home Health Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

Interview took almost 2 hours...very indepth questions...hardiest interview of my life...know your strengths..and use examples from work history...as an Rn..use work/experience. Know yourself, how you are an asset and how you manage your time

Sales Counselor Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Brookdale Senior Living.

Interview

I was brought in for a one on one interview with the lady who'd be my direct boss. A couple days later I was called to set up a second interview - this time with the sales manager (again), regional marketing coordinator and the operations manager. At the end of that interview they invited me to meet the team. Meeting the team was bascially allowing everyone a chance to interview me. A fee days later I was contacted with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to help someone make a decision?   1 Answer
    • what attracted you to applying for this position?   1 Answer