Brown & Brown Insurance

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Receptionist Interview

Tallahassee, FL (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in January 2010.

Interview Details The interview was very thorough in that I was able to meet with different heads of departments and people I would work with.

Interview Question – All of the interview questions were standard.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Salary was take it or leave it.

Internal Operations Analyst Interview

Internal Operations Analyst

Interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance

Interview Details In was very situation based. They want to make sure you have the intentions of becoming a CSR or Broker within two years. They are looking to see if you are prime candidate to be molded into their type of an employee which will make you successful. The personality test that they make you take will be a big factor.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you attempted something, but failed.   Answer Question

Houston, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details My first meeting with the company was a casual meet and greet because I knew someone who knew someone who worked there. At that time the company did not have a position available for me. They advised that they would hold onto my resume and call as soon as something opened up they would call. About a year later I received a call from the PCL and we met up for lunch. After my initial meeting I was asked into the office to meet with the department manager. Then my final meeting consisted of a knowledge test and then a visit with the person with whom I would be replacing. Within 24 hours I was contacted by the PCL with an offer.

Interview Question – I don't feel as though there were any difficult questions. I believe I was the one who asked more questions about the company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no real room to negotiate. I believe I was offered the most for the position.

Accounting Leader Interview

Accounting Leader

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details Interview process is very simple for accounting because the company needs so many of them. They are constantly making new acquisitions and piling the work onto the current accountants. very easy process it was basically two stages and each stage was with the senior management. They basically want to see if your personality fits the company. They do not even ask a great deal of accounting questions because they base your skills of your resume.

Interview Question – The typical mumbo jumbo... example: what are your strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay was subpar

Client Services Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in October 2009.

Interview Details Hired through a series of 2 interviews.

Negotiation Details – N/A

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details I met with a total of three people and the interview process took about an hour. A lot of questions were put forth on both sides but the interview was generally relaxed and positive. I felt very good about the organization at that point.

Interview Question – Would my former employers re-hire me?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was pretty much take it or leave it but it was a fair offer

Account Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance.

Interview Details Standard interviewing process - resume, phone interview, then in person interview. Hiring manager asked for personality profile checking on fit for position. Lots of discussion,questions regarding work to be done and experience in the industry with focus on the computer skills and speed needed to do work quickly

Intern Interview

Intern
Santa Barbara, CA (US)

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in January 2011.

Interview Details The hiring process took over two months due to the fact that the boss was too busy to deal with interns. I went after the job with a head of steam and it still took them two months before I was hired as an intern.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Have basic knowledge of the insurance industry.

Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in April 2010.

Interview Details First Interview was positive, but second gave me the impression there was no interest in hiring me. Required to take an online assessment that seemed a bit like a Meyers/Briggs assessment.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Brown & Brown Insurance in August 2009.

Interview Details the personality test was the main focus for the interview. A large part of the hiring decision was based on these scores.

Interview Question – list your worst qualities   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Brown & Brown Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Brown & Brown Insurance interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Brown & Brown Insurance employees and interview candidates.