Burlington Coat Factory

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Merchandise Team Associate
Yonkers, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and the process took around 4 days when I received a call from the manager for an appointment for the following day. I showed up 15 minutes late but was still offered the job. There was no real interview questions which was very surprising, the manager of the store just told me about the job and said he was going to email me a background check and I will offered the job when I come out clear.

Interview Question – There was no real interview questions which was very surprising, the manager of the store just told me about the job and said he was going to email me a background check and I will offered the job when I come out clear.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation just a flat pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory

Interview Details You have two interviews, each with a separate manager. Interviews are typically easy and just to make sure that you aren't some crazy person. There isn't a restrictive requirement as they are only trying to fill spots.

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tell you the rate and you decline or accent the job.

Receiving Associate Interview

Receiving Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

Interview Details It was a very easy interview, the only time I wasn't nervous with the employer & I bonded with her. She asked typical questions like why do you wanna work here, why should we hire you, what would I like to do with my future, typical things like that. I got a email that same day for a wotc (background check). I told them I was willing to do any hour & any assignment they assign me to. Apparently they saw I was determined. I'm excited to start!

Interview Question – If there's 3 other canadiates, why should we hire you?
What would you like to do with your future?
Tell us about what you had to do at your last job?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation necessary. It was easy unlike a lot of job interviews.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Customer Service Supervisor

Interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory

Interview Details Quick and easy. Offered me the job on the spot pending backround check. Took around two to three weeks to get the final offer. manager was very busy at all times.

Negotiation Details – None. All up to human resources.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Austin, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2014.

Interview Details Very quick on call backs from the time the application was submitted. 1. Tell me about the experiences and skills you possess that would make you successful in retail at Burlington. 2. Tell me about a job that required you to be flexible and have open availability. 2a. What was the environment? 2b. What was your normal schedule? 2c. Can you work nights and weekends every week? 3. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in completing a project or in your treatment of a customer. 3a. How did you react to the situation? 3b. What did you learn from that experience to apply to situations in the future? 3c. If this would be your first retail position, can you describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you handle it? 4. Tell me about a time when a customer complained about a project, service, or another associate (I you have no retail experience, please refer to a personal experience). 4a. How did you respond to the customer? 4b. What did you do to ensure the customer left satisfied? 4c. Is there anything that you could have done differently to positively affect the outcome? 5. Tell me what you think a friendly store environment looks and feels like from a customers perspective. 5a. How can you help our store create a friendly environment for our customers? 5b. Please share a specific situation where you provided a friendly environment for your customers. 6. Please provide a specific example of when you showed initiative and went above and beyond expectations. 6a. What motivates you to take initiative?

Be sure to be friendly, interested in retail, have a respectful attitude, be focused on customer service, be timely, and dress in professional attire for the interview!!

Interview Question – 6a. I should have been more focused on the customer experience.   Answer Question

Maintenance Interview

Maintenance
Brooklyn, NY (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

Interview Details The hiring process was very good and detailed. He asked about my prior job experience my schooling and significant certifications was necessary for the job. After my orientation was began on the same day and I working on that Monday.

Interview Question – Why did I leave my last job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My hours

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Tampa, FL (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in December 2011.

Interview Details The hiring and interview process was for the most part very simple ,but I will say I was interviewed twice in the same day. The first interview was given by the merchandise manager. Then after I finished up with him he ask if it would be ok if his manager was to meet with me and ask couple of questions. In the end I was interview twice but in the second interview the head manager call in all the other managers .I guess that's a good sign because was hire that day and started the next week.

Interview Questions

• "Which associate is worst?" That's the question you must ask yourself in these scenarios I'm about to give you . You walk in to the store and you see a fellow associate eat the candy by the registers ,then as you make your way to the time clock to swipe your card the person in front of you swipes someone else's card "WHO IS NOT "present at work, which is worst?   View Answer
  • If you had to pick one word to describe yourself what would that word be?   View Answer
  • Do you have open availability? Meaning are you available to be scheduled on weekends and called in mon-fri if needed.   View Answer
  • What kind of name is that ,Ive never seen those names before, what are you? ,Where are you originally from? And other background questions but I think the majority of people will not get these questions if your name John Williams or something else generic skip this Q/A . I guess I look out of the ordinary because I've been asked this literally everyday I go to work by random customer and I put a generic name on my badge for everyone to call me.   View Answer
  • Why should I hire you over the person I interviewed before you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay was nonegotiable if you came onto the team as a seasonal you get the bare minimum, which sucked but if they like the way you work and your available when they need you and you are always on time with your badge on and time card in hand they will most likely hire you then you can start negotiating.

Management Interview

Management
New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2012.

Interview Details The process took about 2 weeks after I spoke to the recruiter, who was one of the nicest people in the company. The rest was back and forth interviewing at different stores before I was made an offer, even though I was already working but just doing a training.

Interview Question – One manager was constantly asking the same question as why did I want to Work there, as If he was trying to tell me that it was not a good place for me, but when I turn the question around he had an agenda to leave to another state as a short- long term goal.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – What are you salary expectations? I gave a number and they matched it. ( too bad I did not research the position completely, I took a lower than expected for the position.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
West Covina, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in January 2010.

Interview Details The interview process was not like others. It was a group interview and we watched a video. I first dropped off the application with the store manager and a day later I received a phone call asking if I would come in for the interview. I go in for the interview and it happens to be the orientation video.

Interview Question – all questions were very basic and generic.   Answer Question

Receiving Associate Interview

Receiving Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview Details Got called On a Friday went in for the interview on Monday took about 5 minutes. Had already do tne the email for the background check and it was already done when i went it. They were very friendly.

Negotiation Details – 10.50

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!