Burlington Coat Factory

Updated Sep 8, 2014
Updated Sep 8, 2014

2.0

Sales Floor Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2011.

The interview so very simple. I applied in person and then got called in for a even minute interview. Basic. I would have had to mess up very badly not to get it

Vice President Transportation Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Non existent - They've had the position open for months and apparently have no interest in filling it; in speaking with current employees who reported to the former VP, there's no path for them to get to the VP position. They advised their career seems pointless unless they want to stay employed at thire current level indefinitely

Interview Questions
    • none...I had expected some sort of response but had to inquire directly in order to get one   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

appliend online, than i get a call for an interview about a week after , simple interview with the manager,talked about availability and the compagny , no real hard question ,just be friendly and confident

Research Interview

Phone and in house interviews. First with recruiter on phone, then another phone interview and then in house personal interviews. Interviewed with four people. Waiting to hear from recruiter for offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in August 2014.

Applied online
    Process took a week
    Interview Process basic questions
    General Questions
    Work Experience related questions
    Customer Service related questions
    Describe a time where you receive good customer service.
    Describe a time where you receive bad customer service.
    Strength/Weaknesses

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in October 2013.

I filled out the application online and received a call for the hiring manager two hours later. I scheduled my interview for the next day & was asked general interview questions. Later that day the hiring manager called me in again to have an interview with a supervisor also. I initially applied for seasonal sales associate ended up taking the job being offered and was asked to stay permanently after the holiday season was over.

Minimum wage,No negotiaition

Merchandise Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Yonkers, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yonkers, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

I applied online and the process took around 4 days when I received a call from the manager for an appointment for the following day. I showed up 15 minutes late but was still offered the job. There was no real interview questions which was very surprising, the manager of the store just told me about the job and said he was going to email me a background check and I will offered the job when I come out clear.

Interview Questions
    • There was no real interview questions which was very surprising, the manager of the store just told me about the job and said he was going to email me a background check and I will offered the job when I come out clear.   Answer Question
    No negotiation just a flat pay.

Sales Associate Interview

You have two interviews, each with a separate manager. Interviews are typically easy and just to make sure that you aren't some crazy person. There isn't a restrictive requirement as they are only trying to fill spots.

Interview Questions
    They tell you the rate and you decline or accent the job.

Receiving Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in July 2014.

It was a very easy interview, the only time I wasn't nervous with the employer & I bonded with her. She asked typical questions like why do you wanna work here, why should we hire you, what would I like to do with my future, typical things like that. I got a email that same day for a wotc (background check). I told them I was willing to do any hour & any assignment they assign me to. Apparently they saw I was determined. I'm excited to start!

Interview Questions
    • If there's 3 other canadiates, why should we hire you?
      What would you like to do with your future?
      Tell us about what you had to do at your last job?
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation necessary. It was easy unlike a lot of job interviews.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory in June 2014.

Very quick on call backs from the time the application was submitted. 1. Tell me about the experiences and skills you possess that would make you successful in retail at Burlington. 2. Tell me about a job that required you to be flexible and have open availability. 2a. What was the environment? 2b. What was your normal schedule? 2c. Can you work nights and weekends every week? 3. Tell me about a time when you made a mistake in completing a project or in your treatment of a customer. 3a. How did you react to the situation? 3b. What did you learn from that experience to apply to situations in the future? 3c. If this would be your first retail position, can you describe a situation where you made a mistake and how did you handle it? 4. Tell me about a time when a customer complained about a project, service, or another associate (I you have no retail experience, please refer to a personal experience). 4a. How did you respond to the customer? 4b. What did you do to ensure the customer left satisfied? 4c. Is there anything that you could have done differently to positively affect the outcome? 5. Tell me what you think a friendly store environment looks and feels like from a customers perspective. 5a. How can you help our store create a friendly environment for our customers? 5b. Please share a specific situation where you provided a friendly environment for your customers. 6. Please provide a specific example of when you showed initiative and went above and beyond expectations. 6a. What motivates you to take initiative?

Be sure to be friendly, interested in retail, have a respectful attitude, be focused on customer service, be timely, and dress in professional attire for the interview!!

Interview Questions
    • 6a. I should have been more focused on the customer experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Burlington Coat Factory? Contribute to the Community!