Burlington Coat Factory

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.0

Cashier Interview

Applied online got a call back. Within 2 weeks, interviwed and waited for a online survey was h8red about 1 month after interview because. The manager wanted to wait until after easter.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Operations Manager wears many hats. Loss prevention, Front- End, Receiving and Accounting. Hiring process is not like use to be. They didn't have all these tests. It was just an interview and this is the offer. Do you accept. It was only 1 interview, with 1 person. Easy.

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

Applied online, got a call back. We did a couple of phone interviews and then I was set up for a store interview. Got to the store interview within a week . I wasn't asked any questions regarding the job , mostly it was a conversation about general things.

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

The interview and hiring process was very quick and easy. I spoke with two people they asked me a few questions regarding the position I was interviewing for. It was painless and easy!

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Though its a 1on1 interview, someone might also be in there. I was nice and they're really comfortable to talk with. They do don't show off as intimidating which makes it a whole lot easier for the person being interview. The questions were quite easy thankfully.

Interview Questions
    • If customer was coming to you very mad and yelling at you, how would you take care of it?   View Answer

Loss Prevention Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Applied from a posting online. Received a phone call back and set up an interview. Explained the concept and role of the job. Answered some questions wrapped up the interview and received a phone call later in the week with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Scenario based questions that you may run into on the job.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Easy group interview, very relaxed ! Started off with the job details and store regulations and policies, made sure availability was correct (have weekends open if applying for seasonal) got asked simple questions. . . nothing hard, was told will hear back with in 3-5 days

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

They called me for an interview, and it went great. He was even about to offer me a job, then realized I was not eighteen and told me I had to leave

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Back when I first applied it was very easy, you filled out a paper application then were interviewed. Now I believe you must apply online and pass an assessment, if they do not call back you didn't pass the assessment. Very easy to get hired, most people don't have any education and they don't seem to do background/drug checks.
    Interview questions are EASY.

Interview Questions
    • (assuming you worked retail) how do you respond to change on the sales floor?   View Answer
    There wasn't really any negotiating done, if you get hired for a supervisor position try to ask for more than current minimum wage + 1 dollar or else thats what they'll pay you.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Burlington Coat Factory.

Interview was easy. Questions asked: Why do you want this job? What qualifies you to work here? Describe a time when you provided good customer service?

Mostly they just talked about the hours, pay, and about the company.