CBRE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details very basic, and was not thorough. other team members admitted to using key words toblag there way in, without prior job experience.

Interview Question – none.. just basic troubleshooting questions.. "how can you tell if outlook is working" :/   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wasnt one... if you dont like answering the phone all day, dont apply for this job.

CBRE Brokerage Interview

CBRE Brokerage

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE in January 2013.

Interview Details Fairly standard for industry. Questions about existing clients, prior successes and experience in industry. Met with senior management and office heads. On boarding after accepting offer fairly typical for large institution.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Position is commission based. Provides a draw so the base is negotiable, but is paid back through fees earned.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

Interview Details I applied through an employee referral and received a phone screening a week later. The same day I got a call from the local HR to arrange an interview time.

I had a pretty standard interview with the HR Manager and the Operations Manager at their head office, the interview lasted for 30 minutes or so. I was also asked to complete an online office assessment test which I passed.

The following week they called me in for an interview with the Operations Manager and a Senior VP - it was a great interview that lasted 1.5 hours after they had kept me waiting for a while as SVP was running late with a previous appointment.

I got a call the same day from the HR Manager asking how the interview went. And said she would chat with the operations manager and follow up with me next week. I received an email the next week saying they'll be in touch.

About a month later, after I followed up they wouldn't give me a yes or a no, simply just wait as they need to interview more candidates but I was still in the running.

I called two weeks later and was told they just interviewed the last candidate and the Operations manager is on vacation for the day but they will finalize mid-next week and let me know of a decision either way - Wednesday latest. Plus they said they wanted me to interview for another position.

It's been almost two weeks since their "decision" deadline when they were going to let me know either way. I've sent an email and left a voicemail but no answer.

Not the most professional hiring process I've been apart of. I would have been happy with a "No", however, being strung along for sometime isn't the best especially after going through a long process and spending so much time.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details I saw the job on Linkedin and applied through the website around 1st week of May. Here's my experience:

1. Recruiter called me the following week to discuss the position. I called and left voicemail message the same day and next (maybe left 3 vms) and decided not to call back as I do not want to the recruiter to think that I am stalking her.
2. Recruiter called me back a week after I left voicemail messages and said she would forward my resume and info to the hiring manager. The same week, I received another phone call for phone interview with the hiring manager.
3. Spoke to hiring manager via phone interview. Discuss what the position is and etc. Asked me about my previous work experiences, etc. I was asked to come in for a in-person interview.
4. During the in-person interview, I spoke to the director, the hiring manager, and a staff member. I have been asked situational questions regarding my previous work experience against the job I am applying for. All in all, I thought it went well. I was asked to come back for another round of interview.
5. After 3 days, I received the job offer with the details...

Initial interview to job offer took about 3-4 weeks (Phone Screen, Phone interview with the hiring manager, (2) in-person with staff members & hiring manager). Started a month after the job offer and completion of drug and background tests.

Interview Question – Unexpected questions: What kind of technology have you bought recently and what/why made you decide to purchase it? When you travel, do you plan it or someone else? Why?   Answer Question

Office Leasing Executive Interview

Office Leasing Executive
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in March 2013.

Interview Details The interview was very informal. It was more of a personality test but they did ask for my exam results. Overall it is a pretty easy interview process nothing to worry about. The main directors were present at that point, no salary amount was given or offered until I have received the offer letter.

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

Senior Real Estate Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details I was interviewed by two members of CBRE and the client at three different interviews. CBRE was very amenable to accommodating my schedule since there were many face to face meetings.

Interview Question – Each interview was approximately one hour. Questions were fairly easy to anticipate. I never felt like any interview was an interrogation. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly and informative.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

Interview Details They went through an outsourcing company for a 90 day process. Then I recieved a very laid back call from what would be my direct manager. Went and completed a face-to-face with him. The was pushed up to the VP to interview and then got the job.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the company in a few years?   Answer Question

Investment Consultant Interview

Investment Consultant
Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in September 2010.

Interview Details 15 mins interview with Department Head and 30 mins skilled test. The interview includes mainly questions of academic credits taken at university and its applicability to the job and previous working experience. The position was secured right at the interview.

Interview Question – Was given a financial model of an undergoing project to run in 30 mins.   View Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Bloomington, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied in March through LinkedIn, phone interview with recruiter in Dallas in early May, first round in person a week later with two members of the Human Resources team, second round in person with the hiring manager a week after that. Contacted with interview results after another week.

Interview Question – All pretty straightforward questions. Some behavioral, mostly just going over past experience.   Answer Question

Accounting Coordinator Interview

Accounting Coordinator
Bloomington, MN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in May 2013.

Interview Details I receive a call from a recruiter and set up a phone interview with them. After a phone interview I receive another call to come in for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – what is difference between accrual accounting and cash accounting   Answer Question

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!