CBRE

2.8

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE.

very basic, and was not thorough. other team members admitted to using key words toblag there way in, without prior job experience.

Interview Questions
    • none.. just basic troubleshooting questions.. "how can you tell if outlook is working" :/   View Answer
    there wasnt one... if you dont like answering the phone all day, dont apply for this job.

Client Services Coordinator/Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CBRE.

The job posting was not what I interviewed for. It seems that they have a team of Client Services coordinators with different specialties. As a current coordinator at another company with a marketing degree, I was ready to speak on my experience and it would be straight forward. I was really surprised when I sat down and they said they were looking for someone with strong graphic design skills. Apparently the opening was for a position that was more heavy in InDesign and marketing in the specialty. So specialized to the point where a Portfolio was needed at a future round of interviews.

Building Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE.

Phone interview, hiring manager phone interview, hiring manager face to face interview, offer given, drug tested, deep background check investigation, got the ok from HR and Hiring Manager for first day.

Interview Questions
    Sell yourself and dont settle for ok. Be reasonable and explain why you deserve a suitable salary.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CBRE.

Started with a brief phone interview from a recruiter who asked very basic questions. The next interview was in person and it was pretty easy. Basic questions that dug down into my experience but nothing out of the blue or tricky. I turned down the offer for a third interview simply because the job didn't fit my needs but it seemed like a bunch of nice people from what I could tell.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything difficult or unexpected honestly. They just wanted to know more about my experience.   Answer Question

Appraiser Interview

Brief interview. They hire with very few filters. Simply require people to interview and are shown around. Not really introduced to any existing staff. Their company colors are green and white as well, also, in addition to.

Associate Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

I worked with a talent acquisition agency. My first round by phone with an agency recruiter. We talked through my interest in the position and how it relates to my background. The second interview was in person at their offices. This interview delved deeper into my background and mainly focuses on my transferable skills. The third interview was over the phone with a CBRE recruiter. We discussed my background, interests and questions I had. I have been invited to a fourth round interview in person at the their offices.

Wheel Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in November 2014.

Filled out initial online application. Received an invite to take a video-submission based interview. With this, there were 8 behavioral questions. They were a lot tougher than the other interviews I had done, more obscure. You had 30 seconds to read the question and come up with a scenario, and 2 minutes to answer the questions.
    Personally, I wasn't asked any questions about the company itself, but they did ask me a question about my commercial real estate experience.
    They included one question on ethics as well.

Interview Questions
    • What was an ethical dilemma you have faced in the workplace? How did your supervisor react to the situation? How did your actions affect the company as a whole?   Answer Question

Real Estate Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

It took me almost 6 months, to get an interview. I went through hoops, trying to get an interview and I got it. I was SO excited just to interview. The next day, they called me and offered the position to me. I start in a few weeks. This company (In my eyes) is the best of the best! The person who interviewed me was great! I can't wait to start.

Simple

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

I applied online, received a call for an interview, went to the interview and never heard back. I thought the interview went well but it'd be nice if they let candidates know the position has been filled. I had to wait and wait until I called to check and still got no response until a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to fix something your boss did wrong and how would you handle it if you were to be blamed   Answer Question

Client Services & Marketing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CBRE in October 2014.

Great interview process, very thorough, professional and informational about the company, the management and the position responsibilities and expectations. Had the first interview with the VP and a Sales Associate, this was followed by two phone interviews with two different team members within the next couple of days, and then another in person interview with the Managing Director a week after the first interview.

A few days after the last interview I was called and offered the position and unfortunately had to pass on the offer due to an unexpected situation that occurred within those few days that would require me to relocate in the next few months. I was so elated and disheartened at the same time, but everyone that I interviewed with was so understanding and appreciative that I presented them with that information as opposed to accepting the offer and leaving them shortly after.

Interview Questions
    • Unfortunately I am filling this out months after my interview and can't remember in specific a difficult or unexpected question. Just be prepared to go over typical interview questions and make sure you have questions ready to ask them regarding the position and company as well. As much as they need to learn about you professionally you need to learn about them and the company too in order to know if this is the right fit for you.   Answer Question

An unexpected situation occurred within the few days after my last interview that would require me to relocate in the next few months. I didn't want to leave the company after only a few short months.