CBRE Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE.

very basic, and was not thorough. other team members admitted to using key words toblag there way in, without prior job experience.

Interview Questions
    • none.. just basic troubleshooting questions.. "how can you tell if outlook is working" :/   View Answer
    there wasnt one... if you dont like answering the phone all day, dont apply for this job.

Assistant Real Estate Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview process was fairly detailed. First meeting was with the director, for the region. Second interview was with immediate supervising manager. Both interviews were well conducted, and I felt well received. Atmosphere in the office was very professional and the receiving staff was courteous. Each interview was about 35 minutes long. The questions in both interviews were very standard. I had to explain difficult situations and how I resolved them, my knowledge of computer systems and my proficiency with certain programs. After the job was offered, I was put through a rigorous background check, including criminal, financial, consumer.

Interview Questions
    • A standard question in both interview was "describe a difficult situation, where you had limited time to resolve it, and how you resolved it; including the satisfaction of everyone involved." This is a very tailored question, so it is something that is worth your time to figure out, prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Vice President Brokerage Services Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE.

Multiple interviews with sr. Brokers and management. They called us back on a couple of occasions, and love that I was persistent in my pursuit of the job. It's a tough interview and very competitive to get the job given how lucrative the business has become.

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

First screening interview with recruiters on the phone, then in-person interviews with Associate and Senior Directors. The process is pretty straightforward. The interview is mostly a resume review with some situational questions. They may ask you to come back a few times and they are usually interviewing more than one person for a position. It may take a while before you hear back from them after they interview you.

Interview Questions
    • What did you like the least about your last or current position?   Answer Question
    There was not much room for negotiating. This was during the downturn, where it was take it or leave it. I understand there is still little room to negotiate, as many salaries are set by the clients (for reimbursed people)

CBRE Brokerage Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE in January 2013.

Fairly standard for industry. Questions about existing clients, prior successes and experience in industry. Met with senior management and office heads. On boarding after accepting offer fairly typical for large institution.

Interview Questions
    Position is commission based. Provides a draw so the base is negotiable, but is paid back through fees earned.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

I saw the job on Linkedin and applied through the website around 1st week of May. Here's my experience:

1. Recruiter called me the following week to discuss the position. I called and left voicemail message the same day and next (maybe left 3 vms) and decided not to call back as I do not want to the recruiter to think that I am stalking her.
    2. Recruiter called me back a week after I left voicemail messages and said she would forward my resume and info to the hiring manager. The same week, I received another phone call for phone interview with the hiring manager.
    3. Spoke to hiring manager via phone interview. Discuss what the position is and etc. Asked me about my previous work experiences, etc. I was asked to come in for a in-person interview.
    4. During the in-person interview, I spoke to the director, the hiring manager, and a staff member. I have been asked situational questions regarding my previous work experience against the job I am applying for. All in all, I thought it went well. I was asked to come back for another round of interview.
    5. After 3 days, I received the job offer with the details...

Initial interview to job offer took about 3-4 weeks (Phone Screen, Phone interview with the hiring manager, (2) in-person with staff members & hiring manager). Started a month after the job offer and completion of drug and background tests.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions: What kind of technology have you bought recently and what/why made you decide to purchase it? When you travel, do you plan it or someone else? Why?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

I applied through an employee referral and received a phone screening a week later. The same day I got a call from the local HR to arrange an interview time.

I had a pretty standard interview with the HR Manager and the Operations Manager at their head office, the interview lasted for 30 minutes or so. I was also asked to complete an online office assessment test which I passed.

The following week they called me in for an interview with the Operations Manager and a Senior VP - it was a great interview that lasted 1.5 hours after they had kept me waiting for a while as SVP was running late with a previous appointment.

I got a call the same day from the HR Manager asking how the interview went. And said she would chat with the operations manager and follow up with me next week. I received an email the next week saying they'll be in touch.

About a month later, after I followed up they wouldn't give me a yes or a no, simply just wait as they need to interview more candidates but I was still in the running.

I called two weeks later and was told they just interviewed the last candidate and the Operations manager is on vacation for the day but they will finalize mid-next week and let me know of a decision either way - Wednesday latest. Plus they said they wanted me to interview for another position.

It's been almost two weeks since their "decision" deadline when they were going to let me know either way. I've sent an email and left a voicemail but no answer.

Not the most professional hiring process I've been apart of. I would have been happy with a "No", however, being strung along for sometime isn't the best especially after going through a long process and spending so much time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Office Leasing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at CBRE in March 2013.

The interview was very informal. It was more of a personality test but they did ask for my exam results. Overall it is a pretty easy interview process nothing to worry about. The main directors were present at that point, no salary amount was given or offered until I have received the offer letter.

Senior Real Estate Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

I was interviewed by two members of CBRE and the client at three different interviews. CBRE was very amenable to accommodating my schedule since there were many face to face meetings.

Interview Questions
    • Each interview was approximately one hour. Questions were fairly easy to anticipate. I never felt like any interview was an interrogation. The interviewers were pleasant, friendly and informative.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in May 2014.

They went through an outsourcing company for a 90 day process. Then I recieved a very laid back call from what would be my direct manager. Went and completed a face-to-face with him. The was pushed up to the VP to interview and then got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the company in a few years?   Answer Question

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!