CBRE

Relevance Date Difficulty

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Help Desk Analyst
London, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details very basic, and was not thorough. other team members admitted to using key words toblag there way in, without prior job experience.

Interview Question – none.. just basic troubleshooting questions.. "how can you tell if outlook is working" :/   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wasnt one... if you dont like answering the phone all day, dont apply for this job.

Marketing/Client Services Specialist Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at CBRE in January 2012.

Interview Details Be prepared for a potentially very long interview process, multiple levels of interviews and skills/personality, drug testing.

Very Easy Interview

Facility Coordinator Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CBRE in July 2010.

Interview Details Was simple as our account transitioned from competitor

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – roll over exisiting wage.

Researcher Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE in February 2014.

Interview Details I applied, about two weeks later, HR from Texas reached out to me. I was then put in place with my respective manager. The questions are standard, non-intrusive and they were looking for right fit.

Interview Question – What is your favorite animal?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set in stone.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details Long and grueling. To get hired you have to go through at least 3 interviews, not including phone interview, then the reference process is over the top! You need 7 references that you've worked with and they all need to go online and fill out a survey specific to you and how you work.

Interview Question – Typical HR questions like greatest strength/weaknesses   Answer Question

Building Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details A couple of phone interviews were done.
One face to face interview was the last step before the offer was extended to me

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Miami, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details I was hired the day I interviewed. This was before they had all the new processes in place so it was a lot easier.

Interview Question – N/A because when I was hired it was before the process became formalized.   Answer Question

Wheel Program Interview

Interviewed at CBRE

Interview Details Interviewed with groups of two

Interview Question – Sell this bottle of water to me   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through other source and interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details Interviewed quickly for entry level job.

Interview Question – Asked me to explain what I would do if an upset tenant called to stop construction on the building.   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at CBRE.

Interview Details This was the most frustrating process that I have ever been a part of. I found out about the job from a friend. They had a facilities tech move and a position was open. This was a company that I was very interested in and hoping to get. My friend talked to the facilities supervisor who told her that I should apply online and send a copy of my resume with her so he could get on it right away. I gave her my resume and she gave it to the supervisor.

The next step was filling out the application online. It is a very poor system. It is hard to navigate, there are no filters to narrow the searches and it took me four tries for their system to save my information. It literally took my three hours to find the job and fill the information in four times! I got it, though, and was hopeful.

After a few months I assumed that I had not been considered and was looking elsewhere. My friend contacted me and asked if I had heard anything because they were still looking at the facility. I told her that I had not heard anything. She said that she would talk to the supervisor. She did and he said that he had been really busy (he oversaw multiple areas of the country), but would be getting in touch with me soon. He asked for another copy of my resume which I sent.

After another month of not hearing anything I applied for another site with the company. This time I heard something right away. I was interviewed by one supervisor on the phone who just asked basic information about skills and technical abilities. It was about a 30 minute call. He informed me that he would forward the information on and if the company was interested they would set up another interview.

Two weeks later I got the second interview. This was a phone interview as well. This interview was from a regional supervisor and was mainly about character and had some very direct questions about my skills and wanted to know a few things about my previous employer(a competitor). He said that he was very impressed with me and would like to schedule an in-person interview.

One week later I had the interview. At the interview was the first two phone interviewers and another woman. The interview was just a rehash of everything in the first two. I mainly talked with the regional supervisor as the woman didn't seem all there. She only looked at my twice and only asked one question. The first interviewer I talked with couldn't seem to be bothered as he was doing something on his tablet. It had nothing to do with me...he was practically sitting in my lap. lol I was told that they would be making a decision in two weeks and would let me know either way.

Two weeks later, I had not heard anything back. I emailed the regional supervisor, as I did not have his phone number, and he told me that they decided to hire another person. I would hope that this was the end of the story, but its not. A few weeks after this email my friend noticed a new person at her site working the facilities job. She asked the supervisor if he had talked with me. He said that he never receieved my application or resumes! He said that he would still like to speak with me since another person was transferring. She told me about this and I told her that I wasn't interested. I was all but assured this job months ago with not even a call.

Interview Question – Unexpected questions about a competitor that I worked for. I felt like I was in an awkward position.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at CBRE

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CBRE interview questions and advice. All 152 interview reviews are posted anonymously by CBRE employees and interview candidates.