CEB Interview Questions

Updated 13 Apr 2015

2.9

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CEB (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process has involved five stages. I had a one hour basic competency interview with a HR manager. This was followed by a timed online vetting test which was more challenging than the sample tests they provide on the website. I also completed a four hour writing test at home in my own time which involved writing an essay style response to questions about an article. I then had a one hour competency interview with a research director, which involved more probing/challenging questions than the first interview. Tomorrow I will have a one hour case study interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe an insight produced by CEB that interested me and to talk about why - or something to that effect.   1 Answer

BDX (Specialist) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Holborn, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (Holborn, England).

Interview

They are not at all honest during this process. The exaggerate the learning curve, responsibility, progression opportunity and commission.They like to give under qualified people totally overblown job titles. If you are interviewing as an external candidate with experience, the 'Director' that you are partnered with may have less experience or education than you.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions asked by them. Just make sure that you are asking the right questions according to your own needs, and make sure that you are getting full answers to them. Do not assume anything to be the case without clarifying.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as they have specific pay grades that apply to every level.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (London, England).

Interview

Initially a phone "screening" interview where there are standard questions including "why are you interested in working for us?", to which there seems to be only one answer, "career advancement". Based on that a F2F, CV interview with the internal recruiter is arranged at their offices in Holborn. Upon entering the building you can feel the seriousness straight away. They are very hospitable and smiley people, and give you a warm welcome which is pleasing. After the first F2F (yes, the first) the next stage is an online personality test which I did at home, I was given 3 days to submit this. Next, you are sent a Word doc. asking you to detail experiences you have had based on certain scenarios using their STAR technique. You have 5 days to submit this. The final stage is a 3 hour meeting, part 1 is where you get to meet one of the decision makers and go through your CV again and a general Q&A, part 2 is where you are given a scenario and need to plan for a sales meeting with a client to sell them a CEB membership, and the 3rd hour is the sales meeting itself with the person from part 1, acting as the aforementioned client.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB in November 2014.

Interview

I was put in touch with the recruiter via a referral. I got a call back straight away and had an hour with the recruiter covering some fundamental questions in a friendly chat. I got asked to walk them through my CV and experiences, why I wanted to join CEB, what my current package was,etc

I got given details about their vacancies and the opportunity to ask further questions. I was successful in this stage and got given psychometric testing to do - logical, trait-based questions, as well as some numerical questions. Upon passing this stage, an interview with the hiring manager was set up.

When the recruiter came back to me with a confirmation of the interview it turned out that the role I had been told I was applying for has been filled and I was actually set to interview for a different role that the recruiter felt was similar to the one originally discussed. Even though I was not interested in the second role I was put forward for, as well as, shocked and disappointed by the fact nobody even asked me if I wanted to interview for the role, I attempted on multiple occasions to contact the recruiter to understand more about the new role and why they thought it matched what I was looking for. My attempts to connect with them via phone and email, meant I had to turn the interview down. I never received communication from them that they even acknowledged my messages.

Interview Questions

• What are your current targets are how are you measured against them?   Answer Question

Graduate Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (London, England) in September 2014.

Interview

Very friendly HR. I applied through recruitment, first assessment was a telephone interview. This is one that you just can't wing. Prepare the usual questions and really make sure you understand what CEB does. If successful you'll go to CEB for an assessment centre. This was pretty civilised. We had a getting to know you group exercise, a presentation and then hour long interview and role play of calling a senior exec. You're encouraged to use notes for the role play so don't worry about memorising everything.

Interview Questions

• Explain what CEB does. What is the day to day role of a CFO? When have you built up product knowledge?   Answer Question

Too salesy for me.

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied through the Graduate Recruitment Bureau in late May and received an email for scheduling a phone interview mid-June. The phone interview went alright, I knew I wasn't prepared as much as I could have. She asked questions about my background, why I'd want to integrate CEB, what I knew about the company, where I'd see myself in the future, and questions like "Tell me about a time where you had to face X (conflict, difficulty, etc.) and how did you handle the situation?". Overall the interview went well. Two weeks later I received another email to complete online assessments: verbal reasoning, situational judgement and personality test. And then another two weeks after that I was invited to join CEB headquarters in London for an assessment centre. I declined because I had an equally important opportunity around the same dates in Geneva.

Interview Questions

• How would you prepare if you had to contact a senior manager through cold calling?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CEB (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview process took around 2 months. I had to contact them a couple of times in order to get an update on my application. Went to a final interview and was told that I would be contacted within 3-4 days. However, I did not get any feedback at all. I tried contacting them a couple of times and even got in touch with the HR who was responsible for my application. I was told that she would call back by the end of the day and she didn't...

Bureau Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Norwood, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (West Norwood, England) in April 2014.

Interview

I began by sending my CV through Reed and received an email a few days later inviting me to complete an online assessment. It was simple really and I got an email saying I has passed the same day. I set up a date and time to have a telephone interviews with the recruiter via email. She called me and was really pleasant to speak with and I got the impression that she understood where I was coming from. I passed the telephone interview and was invited to a competency based interview at the office. I arrived there and everything just didn't seem right to me. The receptionists weren't friendly at all. It was just like standard procedure to them dealing with me and carried on their loud conversation. All but one of the workers didn't smile with me. It's like they were robots and didn't want to be there. I was finally called up to the interview rooms by one of the male managers who was really nice but the other manager look uninterested. She didn't smile and she was looking out the window when I walked into the room. All of this negative energy I picked up didn't make the interview any easier. The main manager was looking at her nails, was hardly giving me eye contact and at one point I saw her rolling her eyes at her colleague while I was talking. I stumbled on nearly all my answers and just felt stupid for even being there. A few days later I received a call telling me what I already knew so it was no surprise. All in all not a good experience at all.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with technology?   1 Answer

Sales Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CEB (London, England) in October 2013.

Interview

Got put in contact through a recruiter. The initial interview was quite standard with questions asked about why sales and why CEB. The interviewer was engaging and friendly. They also gave great information about the company. I recommend asking lots of questions. After the initial interview there is an online personality and reasoning assessment. Then there is another interview which is more specific.

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CEB.

Interview

Three stage interview process: first is over the phone, second is face-to-face and third competency assessment and role-play. There is also a Hogan test along the way. They do make you wait, so be prepared. If you applying for sales position, could use this to show how well you can follow up and chase. Competency and role play are most difficult, it's best to use strategic approach to the scenarios suggested.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most rewarding experience you had? Why you had chosen it?   Answer Question