CEB

Very Difficult Interview

Bureau Specialist Interview

Bureau Specialist
West Norwood, England

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in April 2014.

Interview Details I began by sending my CV through Reed and received an email a few days later inviting me to complete an online assessment. It was simple really and I got an email saying I has passed the same day. I set up a date and time to have a telephone interviews with the recruiter via email. She called me and was really pleasant to speak with and I got the impression that she understood where I was coming from. I passed the telephone interview and was invited to a competency based interview at the office. I arrived there and everything just didn't seem right to me. The receptionists weren't friendly at all. It was just like standard procedure to them dealing with me and carried on their loud conversation. All but one of the workers didn't smile with me. It's like they were robots and didn't want to be there. I was finally called up to the interview rooms by one of the male managers who was really nice but the other manager look uninterested. She didn't smile and she was looking out the window when I walked into the room. All of this negative energy I picked up didn't make the interview any easier. The main manager was looking at her nails, was hardly giving me eye contact and at one point I saw her rolling her eyes at her colleague while I was talking. I stumbled on nearly all my answers and just felt stupid for even being there. A few days later I received a call telling me what I already knew so it was no surprise. All in all not a good experience at all.

Interview Question – How do you keep up with technology?   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
London, England

I applied through another source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in January 2012.

Interview Details Quick process where all the steps were effectively communicated. Got an opportunity to meet with key partners and stakeholders in the process.

Interview Question – Predominantly competency based interview   Answer Question

Business Development/Account Management Interview

Business Development/Account Management
London, England

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CEB in June 2013.

Interview Details Relatively easy and quick - written application after which you will be invited to a phone interview. If you pass the subsequent personality and economic tests you will be invited to an assessment day during which you have some more relatively typical tasks (i.e. describing certain situations in which you assumed leadership, group interview, mock call)

Interview Question – None really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No real negotiation phase - I was told about the pay steps in advance, however, it quickly turned out that the projected timeline was completely inaccurate

Sales Graduate Interview

Sales Graduate
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CEB in October 2013.

Interview Details Got put in contact through a recruiter. The initial interview was quite standard with questions asked about why sales and why CEB. The interviewer was engaging and friendly. They also gave great information about the company. I recommend asking lots of questions. After the initial interview there is an online personality and reasoning assessment. Then there is another interview which is more specific.

Interview Question – There was nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details Three stage interview process: first is over the phone, second is face-to-face and third competency assessment and role-play. There is also a Hogan test along the way. They do make you wait, so be prepared. If you applying for sales position, could use this to show how well you can follow up and chase. Competency and role play are most difficult, it's best to use strategic approach to the scenarios suggested.

Interview Question – Describe the most rewarding experience you had? Why you had chosen it?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
London, England

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CEB in May 2013.

Interview Details telephone interview, it takes less than 20 minutes. tell me about your self. how to be a good sales person

Business Development Associate Interview

Business Development Associate
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CEB in February 2013.

Interview Details Psychometric tests

Telephone interview

Face 2 Face interview

The interview took place at CEB offices in Holborn. Two hiring managers jointly conducted the interview. The initial stages of the interview followed a normal path with the usual questions where you are asked to follow a STAR technique and then a role-play where you are required to simulate a sales call to an executive.
Throughout the interview, while one fo the two asked the questions and listened to my reply the other manger acted in a weird manner, yawning and checking the time on her watch. I had the impression this was staged and probably a way to test my reactions or my personality. Although this appeared unusual I had no problem whatsoever with this and I felt comfortable and confident.

Towards the end of the interview on of the two manager posed me a question that I felt had no reason to be asked and that really changed the atmosphere in the room, making me feel uncomfortable and unwanted as a potential future employee. She asked: “ How do you feel being 28 years old and knowing that most of the other candidates competing with you for this vacancy are fresh graduates from university and are much younger than you, in fact in their early 20s? ”. I tried not to look surprised by the question and answered professionally and with a good answer, which I do not need to detail here. However, as I formulated my answer I start feeling deeply offended and discriminated against by her question, which in fact did not sound as a question but rather as an affirmation of the fact that my age was a problem that made me unsuitable for the position.

Although I am sure that me being 28 years old played no part in the decision that they made regarding my application, I know her question did, since my state of mind changed drastically: I felt harassed and discriminated in a context (a job interview) that is not comfortable and relaxed in itself , this caused me to take a defensive attitude that apparently led to the decision of not taking my application further (as highlighted in the feedback I received from you).

When I left the conference room where the interview had taken place, I was “beaten up” and “shoked” by the experience , later that day, I began doubting I wanted to work for a company where my superior or my colleagues could show a similar behavior towards me.

CEB takes pride in stating that they are an equal opportunity company, my experience would not support that statement. I have submitted a formal complaint to the HR director of the company and an inquiry has been started to investigate this matter.

To all of you who are applying at CEB, good luck!

Interview Question – Role play was difficult.
Stars questions are not easy but you can prepare for those.
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Director of Sales Interview

Director of Sales
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at CEB in November 2009.

Interview Details Psychometric test, role plays, compenency based interviews
Advise: get everyything they promise to you in writing. Ask a lot of qustions, believe in your 'stomach feeling'

Interview Question – they make you wait all the time   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Four months back and fourth

Graduate Business Development Associate Interview

Graduate Business Development Associate
London, England

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CEB.

Interview Details Went through a recruitment agency with whom i had already had interviews and competency based interviews with to be on their books. Had to take the Hogan test before being offered an interview, which is standard practice and consists of questions about yourself. This is a psychometric test that you cannot cheat on to guage whether your attitude consists with that of the company.

Then i had a formal face to face interview after i passed the hogan test. This consisted of asking me to detail myself to them in a concise way. What i knew about the role i was applying for, What i knew about CEB as a company. Then there were competancy based questions including, how well i work in a team and how i have built credibility as a person. There were also other questions about my CV. Finally there was a role play where i had to "sell" the company to a CEO of a company and deal with their rejection.

Interview Question – The roleplay was the most difficult area of the interview (the other questions are standard interview)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruitment agency did it for me

Talent Management Coordinator Interview

Talent Management Coordinator
London, England

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at CEB in July 2012.

Interview Details I applied for the role that I found on TotalJobs. The day after I received a call - this was the first stage. Then the interviewer invited me for a face to face interview with another recruiter.
I went for the face to face within the week. The recruiter there explained me that the process will take 1 week, as he has other candidate to interview.

I have sent a thank you email the following day after the F2F interview. I did not get any response... but that's fine for now.

Then after 1 week, without any call, I have sent another email. I tried to call and left message and i did not get any response so far after 1 month!

But I have checked and I've seen on Linkedin that there is a new Talent Management Coordinator !!!

Thank you very much for your consideration !!!!

Interview Question – Loads of case situation....from a paper place in front of the recruiter...!!   Answer Question

Worked for CEB? Contribute to the Community!