CVS Caremark

Getting the Interview

625 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Intern Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2011.

Interview Details Laid back, asked a few typical questions, took 10 minutes

Interview Question – Describe your leadership style   Answer Question

Front End Associate Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Simple
Straight Forward
Per retail; it won't fill you in on everything. Retail is sort of random like that. And there is no promise on schedule.
An Interview is more of an attitude and confidence assessment in retail. And to see if you can apply that experience.

Interview Question – What is my expectations of this position, and your future with us?   View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online to several locations. Then, I called each store individually, introduced myself, told them I was a pharmacy student and asked if they were hiring. One immediately scheduled an interview. The lead pharmacist interviewed me based around what was on my resume. The interview went very well, he was very professional and respectable, and offered me the job on the spot. The hiring/orientation process took about 4 weeks.

Interview Question – Why did you choose pharmacy?   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

I applied online and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details The application was pretty basic at the end you had to take an assessment , which consisted of questions on how you would react in certain scenarios , and questions about your customer service skills. I called the next day and the manager asked me to come in for an interview. The interview itself was very quick and a tad unprofessional. Instead of going to an office and sitting down to talk we went by the magazines in a store full of people and had the interview. The manager described the tasks i would have on a daily basis and told me the pay rate i would receive. I was pretty much over qualified for this job (previous supervisor) so i was hired on the spot. After that you go to a training day at another store for 7 hours, you learn store policies, about Extracare, etc.. Then you are ready to start.

Interview Question – What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the manager told me a solid rate and that was it.

Pharmacy Technician CPhT Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Good interview loved the Pharmacist in Charge.

Interview Question – None he was up front with me and honest.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Newark, NJ (US)

I applied through other source and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I did not interview for the job. I was promoted to the position, So can not really review the interview and hiring process. However I do know people hired at the position, They needed to go to multiple interviews sometimes with multiple people.

Senior Consultant Interview

Woonsocket, RI (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I was contacted by an HR rep who conducted a phone screen. Shocking, I was brought in for a full day interview after just the HR phone screen. Full day consisted of an HR interview, 2 case interviews (although one of them, admittedly, did not really focus on the case), 2 fit interviews with director and a lunch with somebody at my level. All of it pretty much went as would be expected. The strangest part was that there wasn't a room reserved for me, so for two of my interviews we walked down to the cafeteria and sat at tables there.

Interview Question – The case did not focus on healthcare. Given that I was applying for a healthcare position and coming from a healthcare background, I was a little caught of guard to be given a manufacturing-focused case.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Company was open to negotiating salary, but not other benefits

Staff Pharmacist Interview

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details I was in the intern program....so there really wasn't a true interview.

Interview Question – Managing 10 different pts at once...who come first.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No i did not negotiate.

District Manager Interview

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2010.

Interview Details Pre-interview is based on psychometric testing, subsequent interviews behavioral based.

Interview Question – Questions follow competencies determined to eschew how company defines leadership.   Answer Question

Clerk/Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CVS Caremark in April 2014.

Interview Details Had one interview with the store manager and got an email back 3 days later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CVS Caremark

Worked for CVS Caremark? Contribute to the Community!

CVS Caremark – Why Work for Us?

Our Company CVS Caremark is a pharmacy innovation company that is reinventing pharmacy for better health. We are continuously developing new ways to improve access for patients, promote better health outcomes and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CVS Caremark interview questions and advice. All 625 interview reviews are posted anonymously by CVS Caremark employees and interview candidates.