CVS Caremark Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

46 interviews

2.5

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI (US)
Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2013.

First a phone interview on a thursday, second interview was a week later on Friday and with a training store manager. 3rd interview will be with regional HR, still waiting for that appointment, it's been 5 days since my last interview.

Interview Questions
  • I was prepared for these interviews, and had done my home work so there weren’t any unexpected questions asked. Mostly went over my background, the second interview was more a lengthy conversation comparing notes on how we run store’s   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Caremark

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

1 phone interview and 1 interview in person with DM

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Milford, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Milford, NJ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2010.

very good interview style they use. starting with an application then a test to see if you qualify for the job. then they do face to face interviews with another d.m. and a manager. if you do well then you interview with a human resources person. they are very good with making sure that you are the right fit for the job.

fair

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clifton Park, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2008.

Every interview is different. Sometimes you get interviewed by a District manager, sometimes a store manager. You get an interview based on who you know (District managers love to hire their friends). Then you have an interview, if they like you that is followed by a background check and a drug test. Once all of that is complete you get placed with a "training store manager" get ready for the worst training of your life.

Stay around mid 40's...to start...go any higher and they will pull your offer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Was an easy interview.I was recruited from the grocery business and already knew i had got the job.

Told the district manager i would like a day to think about the offer.He called me up early in the morning and upped the offer$ 7000.00I accepted.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2012.

Led me up to a conference table in a room that was built on rafters. There was a large table and my interviewer was seated at the end of the table. Shirt and tie, dress pants for the interview. Talked about relocation options, hours, type of work. Danced around the actual number for salary. He kept telling me how hard the business was.
    Asked what I knew about the company.
    What is my thoughts about relocation.
    My questions were on typical life as a store manager.
    I would have thought they would want to impress me as much as I want to impress them.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kerrville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Kerrville, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2012.

Questions asked about details of my work experience reported on my resume. asked two questions and had to give precise examples: 1. Tell me about a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the problem.
    2: Tell me about a problem you had with an employee and how you dealt with them.
    They then proceed to ask you why you want to work for them, what do you like about the organization and why them. They follow up with a second interview by phone or in person and then they have you fill an employment application on line and signing authorization for a background check and a credit check.
    They did one phone interview and the next day sent me an employment application on line. this was a few days ago. The interviwer was professional and very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Difficulty with a an unhappy customer   View Answer
    • What did you do to improve your previous company.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Very well structured. No gap between phone call and actual interview. Very relaxed process

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gahanna, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2012.

The first interview was a 20 min phone interview. Then they called back the same day and scheduled a one on one interview for the net day. They called back the same day and scheduled a 2nd phone interview with an offer. We discussed the benefits, pay and start date. Once I accepted the offer they informed that I would recieve the wirtten offer in two days and I did and also the new hire paper work and drug test form.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me what you would bring to CVS if hired   View Answer
    No the wage was non negotiatable. The offer was very fair.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Reseda, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Reseda, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2012.

Applied for Position of Store Manager online. Took assessment. Called and did phone interview.
    They e-mailed and said qualifications looked good and they would pass it along to District Manager.
    That was in December of 2011 and was for the store in Reseda-Studio City, Ca.
    Finally was called again in March of 2012 and they asked if I would work as a "key holder" for $8.00 an hr.
    I couldn't believe it! 25 yrs. experience as a Store Manager/District Manager in Big Box Retail. I clearly
    stated salary range would be 40-5-k. Next day, they sent an email that they were looking at other candidates after I asked them "are you kidding me"? My salary range is 50-55k and have always earned bonuses for performance for exceeding company quotas.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us why you want to be a Store Manager.   View Answer
    • What did your previous store do saleswise?   View Answer

Offered $8. hr. for a "key holder" position after which I applied for a Store Manager position which is what
    my positions have been. In addition, they wanted me to drive an hour each way to work. I told them that
    it wouldn't even pay for my gas. It was really insulting to ask me to take $8. hr after applying for Store Manager and being told I had all the qualifications necessary and everything looked good. I think that they had already filled this position (if it was ever even open). I wonder if they are even paying any Managers salaries or just hiring former Store Managers for $8. an hr. who are in desperate need of a job.