CVS Caremark

Average Difficulty
46 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Caremark in February 2013.

Interview Details First a phone interview on a thursday, second interview was a week later on Friday and with a training store manager. 3rd interview will be with regional HR, still waiting for that appointment, it's been 5 days since my last interview.

Interview Question – I was prepared for these interviews, and had done my home work so there weren’t any unexpected questions asked. Mostly went over my background, the second interview was more a lengthy conversation comparing notes on how we run store’s   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details 1 phone interview and 1 interview in person with DM

Very Easy Interview

New Milford, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in December 2010.

Interview Details very good interview style they use. starting with an application then a test to see if you qualify for the job. then they do face to face interviews with another d.m. and a manager. if you do well then you interview with a human resources person. they are very good with making sure that you are the right fit for the job.

Interview Question – your motivation and was drives you to succeed.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – fair

Clifton Park, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Caremark in July 2008.

Interview Details Every interview is different. Sometimes you get interviewed by a District manager, sometimes a store manager. You get an interview based on who you know (District managers love to hire their friends). Then you have an interview, if they like you that is followed by a background check and a drug test. Once all of that is complete you get placed with a "training store manager" get ready for the worst training of your life.

Interview Question – Imagine you are a box...what are your ingredients?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Stay around mid 40's...to start...go any higher and they will pull your offer

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at CVS Caremark.

Interview Details Was an easy interview.I was recruited from the grocery business and already knew i had got the job.

Negotiation Details – Told the district manager i would like a day to think about the offer.He called me up early in the morning and upped the offer$ 7000.00I accepted.

Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in June 2012.

Interview Details Led me up to a conference table in a room that was built on rafters. There was a large table and my interviewer was seated at the end of the table. Shirt and tie, dress pants for the interview. Talked about relocation options, hours, type of work. Danced around the actual number for salary. He kept telling me how hard the business was.
Asked what I knew about the company.
What is my thoughts about relocation.
My questions were on typical life as a store manager.
I would have thought they would want to impress me as much as I want to impress them.

Interview Question – What do you know about CVS?   View Answer

Kerrville, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CVS Caremark in May 2012.

Interview Details Questions asked about details of my work experience reported on my resume. asked two questions and had to give precise examples: 1. Tell me about a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the problem.
2: Tell me about a problem you had with an employee and how you dealt with them.
They then proceed to ask you why you want to work for them, what do you like about the organization and why them. They follow up with a second interview by phone or in person and then they have you fill an employment application on line and signing authorization for a background check and a credit check.
They did one phone interview and the next day sent me an employment application on line. this was a few days ago. The interviwer was professional and very nice.

Phoenix, AZ (US)

Interview Details Very well structured. No gap between phone call and actual interview. Very relaxed process

Gahanna, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2012.

Interview Details The first interview was a 20 min phone interview. Then they called back the same day and scheduled a one on one interview for the net day. They called back the same day and scheduled a 2nd phone interview with an offer. We discussed the benefits, pay and start date. Once I accepted the offer they informed that I would recieve the wirtten offer in two days and I did and also the new hire paper work and drug test form.

Interview Question – Please tell me what you would bring to CVS if hired   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No the wage was non negotiatable. The offer was very fair.

Reseda, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CVS Caremark in March 2012.

Interview Details Applied for Position of Store Manager online. Took assessment. Called and did phone interview.
They e-mailed and said qualifications looked good and they would pass it along to District Manager.
That was in December of 2011 and was for the store in Reseda-Studio City, Ca.
Finally was called again in March of 2012 and they asked if I would work as a "key holder" for $8.00 an hr.
I couldn't believe it! 25 yrs. experience as a Store Manager/District Manager in Big Box Retail. I clearly
stated salary range would be 40-5-k. Next day, they sent an email that they were looking at other candidates after I asked them "are you kidding me"? My salary range is 50-55k and have always earned bonuses for performance for exceeding company quotas.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Offered $8. hr. for a "key holder" position after which I applied for a Store Manager position which is what
my positions have been. In addition, they wanted me to drive an hour each way to work. I told them that
it wouldn't even pay for my gas. It was really insulting to ask me to take $8. hr after applying for Store Manager and being told I had all the qualifications necessary and everything looked good. I think that they had already filled this position (if it was ever even open). I wonder if they are even paying any Managers salaries or just hiring former Store Managers for $8. an hr. who are in desperate need of a job.