CVS Health Interview Questions

Updated 23 Oct 2014
Updated 23 Oct 2014

2.2

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

I was already hired in as a cashier and I became a shift supervisor about a year later. You just have to complete training in their learning system and display on the job skills to be promoted. You'll be required to take a drug test, background test, and some computer assessments.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They go on a scale based on what you are hired in at. But some will give out raises in different situations and lie and tell you they are not possible in some other situations.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

the hiring process was rather long I applied online I received an email to schedule a phone interview after the phone interview approximately four days later I received a phone call to schedule A interview with the store manager approximately a week later one with the district manager I was offered the position 4 days after that particular interview. this is where the waiting game started it took approximately 2 -3 weeks for the background check and drug test to clear...

Interview Questions
    • describe a time or situation where you had to implement change in order to impact business   View Answer
    based on my experience I was able to ask for what I want it process with simple in minimum push back

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CVS Health.

Applied on CVS' website and was called about one week later. That call was for a phone interview that they wanted to do on the spot. I suspected this, which is why I had let it go to voicemail then I called back once I was on break with my current job. This phone interview was to answer very basic questions including such things as salary expectations, if you're looking for other jobs, if you can do x (based on whatever job you applied for), etc. It lasted maybe 15 minutes with the promise that I'd be let known either way if I'd continue in the process.

A few days later I was scheduled for another phone interview with three managers. The scheduling took place via email with a different recruiter. They were open to a select few time slots. They never called at the scheduled time.

Interview Questions
    • Remember, this was just the initial phone screening interview. None were difficult.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at CVS Health.

Interviewed as an intern for pharmacist position. Had interview scheduled with district manager or pharmacy supervisor for the district that you want. Interview lasted about 45 minutes -- focused a lot on CVS business model, how you leverage their numbers (performance measures, customer experience scores, etc.) to improve business and make a successful pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you leverage your Store Own Sales to improve and drive business?   Answer Question

Benefit Verification Specialist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

Went to temp agency for interviews. Then got an interview through CVS, very basic interview questions. Interview took less than 15 minutes. Very friendly interviewers. Friendly coworkers but it can be hard to be seen of what work you do since there are so many of us.

No Negotiation

Pharmacy Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I applied online and was brought in for an "interview" about 2 or 3 weeks later. The "interview" was basically: 'when can you start, this is what you will be making, this is where you will do training and here is the form to go get your drug test'

Later on, after taking my drug test and everything, they said there had been a change in management and that there was no longer a position for me. They did however give my information to another store to get me an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Just asked about my education and my interest in pharmacy   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

I applied online – interviewed at CVS Health.

Initial and follow communications were excellent from the recruiting professionals. A series of 5 interviews were held and were some what disjointed by business leaders. Overall fairly positive but got the impression not well prepared or experienced interviewers. Overall process went fairly quickly for a larger company. Culturally it sounded very positive and each person had a bright outlook on the organization

Pharmacy Technician Trainee/Pharmacy Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CVS Health.

I applied on their site. They called me after 1 month. I would assume once school started they have lost a lot of people as I got calls from 3 different locations. Interview was on site and relatively easy - nothing hard or pharmacy related at all. Tell something about yourself, why do u wanna work here, give a specific situation where there was an angry customer and what did u do in it... brief glimpse at your former employment and that's it. I would say that if u do all your answers in decent english you will get hired, they are desperate.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult ones, they try to make it smooth and easy.   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all, I have been offered 8.50, take it or leave it. I took the offer just to end up quitting after 3 months as I saw no future in that position.

Pharmacist Interview

I was an intern for CVS throughout school and was told that I would at minimum have an interview. However, I was warned that the market was saturated and I was not guaranteed a position. The interview followed standard set of questions asked of all interviews that included questions about personality, experience, and knowledge of different CVS measures. It felt scripted at first but felt much more comfortable by the end. Overall not too challenging as long as you are prepared.

Interview Questions
    • What is one area that CVS does not do a good job of measuring with the current SOS model.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Interview

The hiring process was extremely easy. I was hired the same day that I was interviewed. The interview was very laid back. I couldn't have asked for a better store to do my training in.