CVS Health Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated 26 Mar 2015

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CVS Health (Cleveland, OH (US)) in August 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview that asked the basic questions. How you trained employees, what your successes have been, your management style. Then there was a face to face interview with two people, one right after the other. They asked about job history and career. Mostly let you talk and ask follow up questions. they listen for you to say their core value words: innovation, accountability, integrity, collaboration, caring.

Interview Questions

• specifically how you hold employees accountable, examples.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told them what i required as a salary, and the offer reflected that.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CVS Health (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Was an easy interview.I was recruited from the grocery business and already knew i had got the job.

Negotiation

Told the district manager i would like a day to think about the offer.He called me up early in the morning and upped the offer$ 7000.00I accepted.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health (Detroit, MI (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Led me up to a conference table in a room that was built on rafters. There was a large table and my interviewer was seated at the end of the table. Shirt and tie, dress pants for the interview. Talked about relocation options, hours, type of work. Danced around the actual number for salary. He kept telling me how hard the business was.
    Asked what I knew about the company.
    What is my thoughts about relocation.
    My questions were on typical life as a store manager.
    I would have thought they would want to impress me as much as I want to impress them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CVS?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very well structured. No gap between phone call and actual interview. Very relaxed process

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kerrville, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CVS Health (Kerrville, TX (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Questions asked about details of my work experience reported on my resume. asked two questions and had to give precise examples: 1. Tell me about a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the problem.
    2: Tell me about a problem you had with an employee and how you dealt with them.
    They then proceed to ask you why you want to work for them, what do you like about the organization and why them. They follow up with a second interview by phone or in person and then they have you fill an employment application on line and signing authorization for a background check and a credit check.
    They did one phone interview and the next day sent me an employment application on line. this was a few days ago. The interviwer was professional and very nice.

Interview Questions

• Difficulty with a an unhappy customer   1 Answer
    • What did you do to improve your previous company.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reseda, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CVS Health (Reseda, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied for Position of Store Manager online. Took assessment. Called and did phone interview.
    They e-mailed and said qualifications looked good and they would pass it along to District Manager.
    That was in December of 2011 and was for the store in Reseda-Studio City, Ca.
    Finally was called again in March of 2012 and they asked if I would work as a "key holder" for $8.00 an hr.
    I couldn't believe it! 25 yrs. experience as a Store Manager/District Manager in Big Box Retail. I clearly
    stated salary range would be 40-5-k. Next day, they sent an email that they were looking at other candidates after I asked them "are you kidding me"? My salary range is 50-55k and have always earned bonuses for performance for exceeding company quotas.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to be a Store Manager.   1 Answer
    • What did your previous store do saleswise?   1 Answer

Offered $8. hr. for a "key holder" position after which I applied for a Store Manager position which is what
    my positions have been. In addition, they wanted me to drive an hour each way to work. I told them that
    it wouldn't even pay for my gas. It was really insulting to ask me to take $8. hr after applying for Store Manager and being told I had all the qualifications necessary and everything looked good. I think that they had already filled this position (if it was ever even open). I wonder if they are even paying any Managers salaries or just hiring former Store Managers for $8. an hr. who are in desperate need of a job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CVS Health (Gahanna, OH (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview was a 20 min phone interview. Then they called back the same day and scheduled a one on one interview for the net day. They called back the same day and scheduled a 2nd phone interview with an offer. We discussed the benefits, pay and start date. Once I accepted the offer they informed that I would recieve the wirtten offer in two days and I did and also the new hire paper work and drug test form.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me what you would bring to CVS if hired   1 Answer

Negotiation

No the wage was non negotiatable. The offer was very fair.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (La Mirada, CA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process entailed two 1:1 interviews with district managers from two different areas. e first interview was an hour long process of questions. The final interview was also a series of questions that resulted in an on the spot job offer.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health in May 2011.

Interview

Once I contacted them on Monster.com they called me for an initial phone interview. This person asked very general interview questions, screening me. Then I went to the local training and recruiting office for an interview that I was not told would be a group/round robin consisting of the DMs of three districts, a "peer" store manager and a sales associate guest. The behavioral and experience questions were very general, again with lots of chatting and laughing. I was disappointed with the level of the questions, frequently leading them to ask me things that I could then answer with my experience and job knowledge. After the round robin I was called back for a brief discussion with the HR manager and a DM, they offered me a job to start training immediately and to be in position in three weeks. Then attended the training center training.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with union employees, and what process did you go through for performance development. This was unexpected, I did not know that my county had union employees at pharmacies.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the pay by almost $5000 a year, and using my vacation the first year. I wan not able to negotiate bonus amount or more vacation than the 2 weeks to start.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Milford, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CVS Health (New Milford, NJ (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

very good interview style they use. starting with an application then a test to see if you qualify for the job. then they do face to face interviews with another d.m. and a manager. if you do well then you interview with a human resources person. they are very good with making sure that you are the right fit for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

fair