CVS Health Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.5

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Health.

The beginning of the process was like any typical interview process...I applied on line which was suggested to me from a current CVS employee. I was contacted via email that the company wanted to go to the next step because of my credentials. Had a great phone interview and was contacted via email that I was selected to have a one on one interview with the DM. I showed up to the interview based on the email sent to me on the correct date and 15 minutes ahead of schedule. After I waiting for the DM to complete another interview I introduced myself and he abruptly said that I was one hour late. I said that according to the email I received I am on time and proceeded to show him the email on my smartphone. Without skipping a beat he said that I should wait until I was contacted again via email to select another date. I was very excited about the possibilities of working with CVS until I experienced a wasted 45 min commute. Finally had a face to face interview with the DM the second time around after another 45 min commute. He said that I should hear something in 3 to 5 days in which now day 11 has passed. If this is the way internal employees are handled I'll pass on this opportunity and wouldn't take it if they begged me too. Well maybe if they reimburse me for miles driven.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online - interviewed at CVS Health in February 2013.

First a phone interview on a thursday, second interview was a week later on Friday and with a training store manager. 3rd interview will be with regional HR, still waiting for that appointment, it's been 5 days since my last interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was prepared for these interviews, and had done my home work so there weren’t any unexpected questions asked. Mostly went over my background, the second interview was more a lengthy conversation comparing notes on how we run store’s   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health.

1 phone interview and 1 interview in person with DM

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Milford, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Milford, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in December 2010.

very good interview style they use. starting with an application then a test to see if you qualify for the job. then they do face to face interviews with another d.m. and a manager. if you do well then you interview with a human resources person. they are very good with making sure that you are the right fit for the job.

fair

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clifton Park, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton Park, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in July 2008.

Every interview is different. Sometimes you get interviewed by a District manager, sometimes a store manager. You get an interview based on who you know (District managers love to hire their friends). Then you have an interview, if they like you that is followed by a background check and a drug test. Once all of that is complete you get placed with a "training store manager" get ready for the worst training of your life.

Stay around mid 40's...to start...go any higher and they will pull your offer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CVS Health.

Was an easy interview.I was recruited from the grocery business and already knew i had got the job.

Told the district manager i would like a day to think about the offer.He called me up early in the morning and upped the offer$ 7000.00I accepted.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Health in June 2012.

Led me up to a conference table in a room that was built on rafters. There was a large table and my interviewer was seated at the end of the table. Shirt and tie, dress pants for the interview. Talked about relocation options, hours, type of work. Danced around the actual number for salary. He kept telling me how hard the business was.
    Asked what I knew about the company.
    What is my thoughts about relocation.
    My questions were on typical life as a store manager.
    I would have thought they would want to impress me as much as I want to impress them.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kerrville, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kerrville, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Health in May 2012.

Questions asked about details of my work experience reported on my resume. asked two questions and had to give precise examples: 1. Tell me about a difficult customer and what you did to resolve the problem.
    2: Tell me about a problem you had with an employee and how you dealt with them.
    They then proceed to ask you why you want to work for them, what do you like about the organization and why them. They follow up with a second interview by phone or in person and then they have you fill an employment application on line and signing authorization for a background check and a credit check.
    They did one phone interview and the next day sent me an employment application on line. this was a few days ago. The interviwer was professional and very nice.

Interview Questions
    • Difficulty with a an unhappy customer   View Answer
    • What did you do to improve your previous company.   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Very well structured. No gap between phone call and actual interview. Very relaxed process

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gahanna, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Health in March 2012.

The first interview was a 20 min phone interview. Then they called back the same day and scheduled a one on one interview for the net day. They called back the same day and scheduled a 2nd phone interview with an offer. We discussed the benefits, pay and start date. Once I accepted the offer they informed that I would recieve the wirtten offer in two days and I did and also the new hire paper work and drug test form.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me what you would bring to CVS if hired   View Answer
    No the wage was non negotiatable. The offer was very fair.