CVS Health Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated 1 Sep 2014

2.5

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gahanna, OH (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gahanna, OH (US)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CVS Health in March 2012.

The first interview was a 20 min phone interview. Then they called back the same day and scheduled a one on one interview for the net day. They called back the same day and scheduled a 2nd phone interview with an offer. We discussed the benefits, pay and start date. Once I accepted the offer they informed that I would recieve the wirtten offer in two days and I did and also the new hire paper work and drug test form.

Interview Questions
  • Please tell me what you would bring to CVS if hired   View Answer
No the wage was non negotiatable. The offer was very fair.

Other Interview Reviews for CVS Health

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in May 2011.

Once I contacted them on Monster.com they called me for an initial phone interview. This person asked very general interview questions, screening me. Then I went to the local training and recruiting office for an interview that I was not told would be a group/round robin consisting of the DMs of three districts, a "peer" store manager and a sales associate guest. The behavioral and experience questions were very general, again with lots of chatting and laughing. I was disappointed with the level of the questions, frequently leading them to ask me things that I could then answer with my experience and job knowledge. After the round robin I was called back for a brief discussion with the HR manager and a DM, they offered me a job to start training immediately and to be in position in three weeks. Then attended the training center training.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever worked with union employees, and what process did you go through for performance development. This was unexpected, I did not know that my county had union employees at pharmacies.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate the pay by almost $5000 a year, and using my vacation the first year. I wan not able to negotiate bonus amount or more vacation than the 2 weeks to start.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Milford, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Milford, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in December 2010.

very good interview style they use. starting with an application then a test to see if you qualify for the job. then they do face to face interviews with another d.m. and a manager. if you do well then you interview with a human resources person. they are very good with making sure that you are the right fit for the job.

fair

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in October 2010.

DM will interview and half the stuff they say about promotions etc are lies.

No Negotiations

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hatboro, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hatboro, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CVS Health in August 2010.

Resume submitted to HR. Phone call came back in about a week. An interview with the HR personnel was scheduled for two days later. The interview took place in his office. Run-of-the-mill questions. The rep doing the interview seemed disinterested the entire time. They talked more about CVS than anything else. I received a call back about two days later for an interview with the district manager. The second interview took place in a tiny disheveled conference room. That lasted about 20 - 25 minutes. Questions mostly about where I was coming from and what I liked and disliked about them (I was coming from a competitor), a little about myself and then he asked if I had any questions. I received a call back about 5 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult or unexpected asked. It seemed like everyone was going through some predetermined process and did not deviate from the script.   View Answer
    Not much of a negotiation, there was a window between X and Y that they could offer, and coming in as a manager from a direct competitor they gave me Y (the high end).

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Atlanta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in June 2010.

Was actually brought on board thanks in large part to a "referral" I received from a friend who already worked for the company. I had 1 phone interview and 1 "in person" interview.

Gave a salary range. They split the difference and I accepted their offer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in June 2010.

It was actually fairly simple. Submit application and follow up with calls into the district office asking them to review it and for an interview. You get a short telephone conversation followed by an email invitation to answer some questions. This is followed by an appointment being set for a one on one interview with the district manager.

There is no negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CVS Health in June 2010.

Initial phone interview escalates to an interview with recruiter. second interview with hiring DM. Possible third interview with Regional. Lenghty, both over two hours. Seem to have alot to talk about. Did not do much talking the second interview. More DM trying to guage my commitment. I already know this is a very demanding company as is any retail company

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about fixing a store that is literally on the ground taking over as the store manager?   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at CVS Health in June 2010.

Met initially with department manager, who originally phoned me to schedule. He was enthusiastic about my background and skills and concluded that he would recommend to district manager to meet with me and hire. After scheduling conflicts (district manager called to reschedule once), we met. He took one look at me (I'm male, 56 years of age) and then began asking questions, without looking up from his PDA.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Bloomfield, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Bloomfield, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CVS Health in January 2010.

very easy, interviewwed at a store with the dm and emerging leader, hired me on the spot, provided i passed the drug test I did. Stayed as an ASST Mgr for 8 months, had to re-interview for store mgr when position became available. interviewed with a panel.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a commercial how would u sell yourself?   View Answer