Cadence Design Systems Interview Questions

Updated 5 Oct 2014

3.1

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2013.

The 1st interview started by going over my CV and asking about my skills and expertise. The 2nd interview was on digital logic design and algorithmic problems. The last one was specifically about the position which was logic synthesis.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in March 2013.

Submitted the resume by my friends who works in Cadence. One week later, interviewed by the team manager. Got the oral offer one week later after the interview. After that, I was contacted by the HR and give a package for the position. The package is OK for a graduate intern. Of course not as attractive as big software companies.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Mainly placement stuff. The manager is really nice   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Technical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2013.

written test -digital electronics ,very tough aptitude test,fsm ,state machines ,counters,flip flops ,analog to digital converter,bjt,mosfet
    static timing analysis,set up time ,hold time ,minimum frequency calculations ,cmos ,pmos ,nmos ,C,C++,perl,shell scripting,mostly questions were on digital electronics ,logic families,

no negotiation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in January 2013.

- phone interview
    - 3hrs of face-to-face interview with 5 people
    - communication via email
    - job offer
    (All of my interviewers were very friendly)

Interview Questions
    • Some of the interviewers made me lead the entire interview.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

phone interview with a senior manager..was briefed on some of the technologies that CDS is working on. Later was asked some brief tech questions from circuit design, logic design fundamentals

Interview Questions
    • why does one use a header and not a footer for power gating   View Answer

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Good knowledge in VLSI flow
    Good knowledge in Analog and digital basic flows

No negotiation done

Design/Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

campus, + on site

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

The hiring was done through on campus placement.
    The process comprised of a written test and interview process.
    Written test had 3 sections: analytical, software and hardware of one and half hour duration.
    After this, few students were shortlisted and the interview process was started.
    There were 2 technical interviews and 1 HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Analytical questions which could not be solved in the question paper asked again.   Answer Question

Executive Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I was a personal referral by then current employee. Met 3 folks in one on one situation, then met with HR. Background check done and then offer made verbally, followed by hard copy offer including detailed benefits package. Very easy, streamlined process.