Cadence Design Systems

Updated 22 Jan 2015
Updated 22 Jan 2015

3.1

Design Engineer Interview

interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in October 2013.

it was a 3 step process. first there was an aptitude cum technical question paper and they short list some students and then there was technical interview then HR interview an d you cannot pass the 2nd step without core knowledge in the subject

Software Engineering Intern Interview

very relaxed conversation with manager. no stress really.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in September 2013.

there was a simple technical written test followed by tech and hr interview panel.people were very good.they are looking for people who are interested in designing. be confident about what u write in your resume.they ask about your projects .

Member of Technical Staff Interview

HR found the resume from monster can emailed me the job information. scheduled an interview with the manager. Then an easy on-site interview. the whole process is smooth. They really need to fill the position.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in July 2013.

Interview was very detail oriented about C++ & OOP programming knowledge, 6 hours of interviews, 2 interviewers at a time for 1 hour a piece. Lots of writing code on whiteboards and answering obscure trivia about languages. They were also very interested in past work I had done working with the OpenAccess Database and the SKILL language.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was: "You and I are playing russian roulette and I load two bullets into a 6 chambered revolver in adjacent chambers. I go first, and nothing happens. Now you can either pull the trigger as is, or spin the chambers for a 'random' chance. What do you do and why?"   View Answer
    Negotiations were simple, they gave me a first offer, I countered and they submitted to all requirements except vacation. They would not budge on vacation, but increased the offer 8% and double the relocation package.

Product Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Automation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems in June 2013.

Applied online. Got a call from the recruiter. Next was scheduled for an onsite interview. I was interviewed by 3 people.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly on my previous experience and skillset. nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior Product Validation Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

Interview process was okay. Was interviewed by 5 people and it was through video conferencing. Main questions were related to system verilog.

Senior Member of Consulting Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cadence Design Systems.

I was never formally interviewed by Cadence. The manager hired me used to work in the same company in my previous job. So we know each other very well. Also, being educated as an electrical engineer, I was very familiar with Cadence's product and line of business. So I took the opportunity to join and moved on to negotiation of salary.

Cadence internal recruiter contacted me by phone to negotiate about salary, I was able to negotiate up by about 1% of the original offer. I'm please with the process. My advice to anyone get into this phase is that: Don't be shy, ask what you want.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Cadence Design Systems in May 2013.

The 1st interview started by going over my CV and asking about my skills and expertise. The 2nd interview was on digital logic design and algorithmic problems. The last one was specifically about the position which was logic synthesis.