Cambridge Associates, LLC

Average Difficulty
36 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2012.

Interview Details Fairly straightforward interview process. Starts with a phone interview with a current consulting associate who has a year or two's experience, it's a very relaxed conversation about your background, then some basic questions on investments.

Interview Question – How would you invest 1 million dollars?   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

Interview Details No competence questions. I was asked about my previous job experience and why want to switch to investment consulting. Then I was asked to describe my portfolio: where would I invest and why, for how long, etc etc. They clearly expected very detailed answer of the firms, sectors, market dynamic, aims.

Interview Question – Detailed questions about the market portfolio.   View Answer

City of London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2011.

Interview Details 20 minute phone interview with a few general questions such as: Why did you do that degree, what do you expect to do at CA. After that a quick case study about how to invest a 100 mio. fortune. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Consulting Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Phone interview and superday with behavioral interview that included a case.

Interview Question – How would you invest $20,000?
What would you do if you were given 5 hours to do a 10 hour project?
  View Answer

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied and was given a first-round interview through on-campus recruiting. The interview was 1-on-1 and lasted for about half an hour, mostly behavorial-type questions about why I was interested in the job, as well as some questions about experiences on my resume. Towards the end of the interview, I was given a simple chart and asked to provide an recommendation to a fictional client based on data in the graph. Very straight-forward. I was offered a spot in a full day final interview in the company's Boston office, but I declined.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in being a Consulting Associate?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2013.

Interview Details There were two interviews, the first is a basic 30 minute screen and then a second super-day interview which consisted of four 30 minute interviews. Overall the technical questions were relatively easy especially if you have a business/finance background.

One major critique, their HR recruiters for this role are pretty lost in the weeds and do not respond to emails or calls. They agreed to reimburse me $300 for travel expenses for the super day, it has been seven weeks and I still have not been paid back. I even Fedexed HR another copy of my expenses and they ignored it. Also, when I finally heard back from HR they told me that I was qualified and they would have made an offer but they had already extended all offers for the class and that they kept interviewing until all offers were extended. I am a bit annoyed that they wasted my time and especially because I did so much prep work all with no chance from the beginning. This is a company with a great reputation and I would have really liked to work there, however treating candidates in this way is unacceptable and unfair.

Interview Question – Know about sharpe ratio, correlation and Standard Deviation. Also, there is a basic case study during the super day & a two minute presentation   Answer Question

Consulting Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Applied through a college interview consortium. Went to a hotel with a lot of other college students and was interviewed in a large conference room with many other interviews occurring for other companies, etc. Interview was mostly behavioral, and it seemed as if they were looking for someone to do menial tasks rather than anything that required critical abilities.

Interview Question – Was asked about the Sharpe Ratio.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2013.

Interview Details The first interview was a 1:1 that consisted of a fit section and quick graph analysis (if you can extract the important details from a graph you'll be fine). The second interview was held at the company site in Boston. There were 5 parts: two fit, two "cases" and a 1-on-1 lunch. The first fit was very standard -- you basically walk through your resume. The second part was just answering "why Cambridge Associates". The cases weren't your standard management consulting case; they were more tailored to the specific kind of work you would be doing as a CA.

Interview Question – Why Cambridge Associates?   Answer Question

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2010.

Interview Details 1. 30min phone interview to ascertain your interest in investment consulting and Cambridge Associates
2. In-office interviews comprising of a case study, and interviews with members of the consulting associate team
3. In-office interviews with other members of consulting associate team and investment consultant
4. In-office interviews with one or two investment consultants

Interview Question – How does the optimal number of managers differ for different types of asset classes and what does it depend on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details First had an on campus interview at my university and then an on site interview with the firm. Whole process took about 2.5 weeks from the first interview to hearing back after the second round. The on site interview consisted of 2 30 min and 2 45 min interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, had to talk through a few cases, but that was about it.   Answer Question

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!