Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2015.

1. Telephone interview, asking generally about my interest in investments/ current affairs. Briefly covered academics/experience.

2. A multiple round face to face interview stage. Initially I had to complete three tests (A mental maths test, a written test and a proof reading exercise). I then had a one to one with HR, then three two to one interviews with members from the Investment team, one of which was a case study.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the following Investment managers portfolios would you invest in?   View Answer

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

Very long process, had initial interview early June and had final interview on 18th July. Telephone interview, then series of group interviews involving two competency interviews and one case study including various psychometric tests in between. Then a final round of interviews with three senior members of staff. Very personable, more like a conversation

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with a £100m portfolio   View Answer

MIG Analyst Interview

Telephone screening, 2 hour interview with 4 employees (30 mins each)

Interview Questions
    • Work ethic - define, what's yours, and how has yours been shaped   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2012.

Fairly straightforward interview process. Starts with a phone interview with a current consulting associate who has a year or two's experience, it's a very relaxed conversation about your background, then some basic questions on investments.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

No competence questions. I was asked about my previous job experience and why want to switch to investment consulting. Then I was asked to describe my portfolio: where would I invest and why, for how long, etc etc. They clearly expected very detailed answer of the firms, sectors, market dynamic, aims.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions about the market portfolio.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England
    Anonymous Employee in City of London, England

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2011.

20 minute phone interview with a few general questions such as: Why did you do that degree, what do you expect to do at CA. After that a quick case study about how to invest a 100 mio. fortune. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2015.

I submitted my resume through on-campus recruiting. I was notified 3 days later that I had an interview. I did a preliminary 30-minute behavioral and resume-based interview on campus with one of the finance associates. 3 days later, I was invited to the Boston office for three 30-minute resume-based interviews with the directors of the department.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?

How have your experiences prepared you to work in finance?

Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

2 phone interviews - 1 by HR and 1 by 2 IAs, followed by a mini superday, which consisted of 2 more interviews with 4 other IAs, a case study, and a writing test.

Beyond this stage, I believe there'll be 1 other interview stage. Waiting for a reply.

The IAs who interviewed me were all very pleasant, and the interview process thus far has been very enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would you calculate risk?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Submitted resume through college, had 30 min interview at Bowdoin, asked to have a SuperDay in the office. Super day much more intense than originally thought. 4 hours of interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in January 2015.

I contacted an alumni from my school, top-tier liberal arts school, and was put into contact with a recruiter. I had a 15 minute phone interview with the recruiter, then was asked to go into the office and had two interviews with team members I would be working with to talk about my resume, experience etc. Was finally invited back for a final round with multiple MD's and had to complete a case assignment.