Cambridge Associates, LLC

Relevance Date Difficulty

MIG Analyst Interview

MIG Analyst

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details Telephone screening, 2 hour interview with 4 employees (30 mins each)

Interview Question – Work ethic - define, what's yours, and how has yours been shaped   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2012.

Interview Details Fairly straightforward interview process. Starts with a phone interview with a current consulting associate who has a year or two's experience, it's a very relaxed conversation about your background, then some basic questions on investments.

Interview Question – How would you invest 1 million dollars?   Answer Question

London, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

Interview Details No competence questions. I was asked about my previous job experience and why want to switch to investment consulting. Then I was asked to describe my portfolio: where would I invest and why, for how long, etc etc. They clearly expected very detailed answer of the firms, sectors, market dynamic, aims.

Interview Question – Detailed questions about the market portfolio.   View Answer

City of London, England

The process took a day - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2011.

Interview Details 20 minute phone interview with a few general questions such as: Why did you do that degree, what do you expect to do at CA. After that a quick case study about how to invest a 100 mio. fortune. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Interview Questions

Junior Associate Interview

Junior Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2014.

Interview Details The phone interview was very straightforward and basic - the recruiter asked me to go through my resume and asked the unavoidable "tell me about yourself" question. The goal here was to be able to relate each experience on your resume back to the responsibilities of the Junior Associate position.

I was invited back to the 2nd round, which was the Open House. There was an hour-long presentation on the company and how the MIG fit into the company. Pay attention during the presentation to learn more about the company and the position. After the presentation, there were three 30 minute, back to back, interviews with managers/assistant managers of various teams. It's important to ask for water between interviews, especially because it's easy to strain your throat when talking to so many people. Finally, there was a quick wrap up session.

Within a day or two, I received a call saying that I was invited back to the final round, where I had a transparency session and went through a demo of what I would be doing if I got the position. After the transparency session, I went through a 30 min interview with another manager I hadn't met previously, followed by a more informal round-table with 2 current associates, a writing test, and 2 more interviews: 45 min with the director of the teams/my team manager, and 30 min with the assistant manager/who would be my direct supervisor.

Unfortunately, I was told that while they appreciated my experience and positive attitude, they were looking to "go in another direction". I received the call in 1 business day, though I was told the decision would take 1-2 business days.

Interview Question – What do you think is the most uninteresting part of the job and how will you handle that?   Answer Question

Associated Analyst Interview

Associated Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details A series of phone interviews followed by an interview in Boston. Phone interviews were composed of very general questions (Why Cambridge Associates? Why are you interested in consulting? etc.). During the real interview I met with three different people. Each one asked a series of questions (about portfolio theory, my goals/aspirations). The business atmosphere was very professional. Seems like a very rewarding company to work for.

Interview Question – How would you describe the stock market to somebody who understood nothing about it?   Answer Question

Junior Operation Associate Interview

Junior Operation Associate
Singapore (Singapore)

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details first: phone screen (questions: why CA, how to cooperate with others. Casual questions); second: face to face interview (1.director presentation; 2.two round interviews with different team leaders). This position may need more communication skills since the data collection work require the associate to contact the specific investment manager, which is kind of like the representative of CA.

Interview Question – The most important lesson you learned   Answer Question

Performance Reporting Associate Interview

Performance Reporting Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied online, and several weeks later had a screening call. They focused on my resume, and asked me to describe why I had chosen to work at each place, and why I had chosen the College, I attended, and Major. A week later I was asked to come in for a interviews. I was interviewed with 2 other candidates, and began with an information session about the company. Then we were split up, and over 2 hours or so interviewed by 3 different people. Each person asked essentially the same range of questions, as far as I can tell in an attempt to see if your answers would change. Most questions were fairly standard (your skills, weaknesses, experiences). I never heard back from them afterwards, even after sending several follow up emails over 2 months. While I was not particularly unhappy about not moving on, it is polite, and easy, to inform someone they are no longer being considered.

Interview Question – Who do you most admire?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details I heard about the position from a staffing agency. It was a first round phone interview with two members of HR. Interview was basic, reviewed interview, and covered the position. Interviews were still being performed and follow-up will be in a few days time. No offer was extended as it was a first round phone interview.

Interview Question – Only a few questions were asked:

1. What is your long term goal? Say a 2-4 year timeframe?
2. What is the type of work environment in which you work best?
3. What is the salary you were making in your previous roles?
  Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

Interview Details I received an email requesting a phone interview last week. Upon initiating the call it was OK but the recruiter kept prodding for a higher meaning behind my applying to the job. It was not rocket science after over four years in non-profit I wanted to go back to corporate. Given this was essentially an entry level job and I clearly have experience as my resume stated (10 yrs since I graduated from college) it was odd to feel like I was being asked questions that do not apply to me. Very spastic recruiter but nice lady. The next day I got an email saying my background does not match their needs for the role. Did you not have my background prior to calling me?

Interview Question – Unoriginal questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What did you connect with in the job descriptions?   Answer Question

Worked for Cambridge Associates, LLC? Contribute to the Community!