Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jan 2015
Updated 22 Jan 2015

Investment Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

Very long process, had initial interview early June and had final interview on 18th July. Telephone interview, then series of group interviews involving two competency interviews and one case study including various psychometric tests in between. Then a final round of interviews with three senior members of staff. Very personable, more like a conversation

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with a £100m portfolio   View Answer

MIG Analyst Interview

Telephone screening, 2 hour interview with 4 employees (30 mins each)

Interview Questions
    • Work ethic - define, what's yours, and how has yours been shaped   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2012.

Fairly straightforward interview process. Starts with a phone interview with a current consulting associate who has a year or two's experience, it's a very relaxed conversation about your background, then some basic questions on investments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2011.

No competence questions. I was asked about my previous job experience and why want to switch to investment consulting. Then I was asked to describe my portfolio: where would I invest and why, for how long, etc etc. They clearly expected very detailed answer of the firms, sectors, market dynamic, aims.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed questions about the market portfolio.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England

The process took a dayinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2011.

20 minute phone interview with a few general questions such as: Why did you do that degree, what do you expect to do at CA. After that a quick case study about how to invest a 100 mio. fortune. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere.

Investment Associate Interview

Submitted resume through college, had 30 min interview at Bowdoin, asked to have a SuperDay in the office. Super day much more intense than originally thought. 4 hours of interview

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Submitted my resume online and received a call within a day or two. The initial phone interview was very easy and lasted about 15 minutes. I mostly spoke about time management, teamwork, time sensitivity of data and how these concepts related to my past work experience. I was invited to the open house interview, which like the first one was mostly resume and personality based questions. The interviews are very easy be comfortable and stress your high work ethic, your ability to work with teams and your commitment to finishing projects. Research MIG before you apply.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2014.

Campus recruitment --> Phone screening --> On-site Interview "Super Day" --> Offer

The on-site interview is basically just 3 back-to-back behavioral interviews, 1 case interview, and 1 lunch (basically another interview). It was a stressful 3 hours, but very rewarding as well. If you prepared for this interview very well, then I would say you are probably ready for many other interviews as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, and what did you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2014.

Had my primary interview on campus. The primary interview was mostly questions about my resume and generic questions such as "tell me about yourself", "your weaknesses/strengths", etc. Just as you would expect a typical interview to go. The interviewers were very nice and cordial and the interview itself was very fun for me.

I got through to the second round interview which was held at their VA office and was conducted by a senior software developer and another software developer. They asked more in depth questions about the languages I knew that were present on my resume. Asked about multi-threading, ruby, java, etc. Most of the questions were geared toward technical things. They asked a couple of questions about protected vs. static vs. private. All in all, the interview process was very relaxed but I couldn't get a read on their expressions. I didn't know how I was doing on the interview.

Overall, it was a great experience and had a lot of fun interviewing with Cambridge Associates for an internship position.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have difficult questions in the interview. If you truly know what you wrote on your resume and can speak about them, there should be no problem.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Associate Interview

HR is very efficient.
    First interview is usually a phone call with the HR.
    Second interview consists of a company presentation and interview with one or more of the team members. Standard resume based questions. Honesty and consistency with answers is important.