Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online for a junior associate position and was contacted within the week for a phone interview. It lasted for about 20 minutes, and they followed up requesting an in person interview. Have not yet completed the super day, but it will consist of a presentation on MIG along with three interviews with managing directors.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the most important work related skill you acquired from your last internship?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

extensive process for the position, interviewed with 20 people over 3 separate days, one on one with managers and group interviews with peers. very behavioral and they want to make sure you dont leave the firm within a year. the overall experience was okay.

Interview Questions

• normal questions, why cambridge, strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, received an on-campus interview before being invited to a superday. Superday was composed of four separate interviews with other associates and directors, including a very basic case study. The entire process was much more focused on fit with the office and position rather than knowledge based criteria/.

Interview Questions

• Very fit-based questions, primarily focused on the Investment Associate position itself, which focuses on monitoring the performance of fund managers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview

After submitting cv in career fair, get contacted at night about the phone interview.
    Phone interview. simple cv questions, why C|A.
    First round. mins presentation about the company and the group applied for. Emphasis on company culture.
    1:2 interview. behaviour questions. why C|A, how to work with people who is difficult to work with.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume at the career fair and then got a screen interview the next day. The first interview with HR was only 10-15 minutes. She was just asking about my past experience, expected salary and etc. Then I got into the next round and interviewed with two members of the Manager Information Group. They also gave me a presentation talking about their business and which role this group plays within the firm. The final round interview was more than 3 hours long. I first had an 1:1 interview with the new manager, then another interview with two team leaders and ended up doing a case study. The case study tested how you managed your time when doing a group project, how well you worked with a team member and how you communicated with the external parties. Please remember this position is a very repetitive role in the operations team so they are looking for people who tend to stick around and enjoy some predictability in the job. They asked a lot about how I saw this job would help me with my future career and where I saw myself in the next 5 years.

Interview Questions

• What would your responsibilities be as a Junior Investment Operations Associates? Which skills do you think an analyst would need to succeed in the role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I initially applied through On-Campus recruiting. I interviewed on-Campus and it was the basic resume based questions. Nothing to hard. Just study the website and you should be fine. I was told at the end of the interview that I would be moving on to the next round of interviews. After this, it was complete radio silence. I did not hear back from them until 3-4 weeks later until I reached out myself after getting another offer. The recruiter did not get back to me until about a week later in which I was then asked to come in to the office. The process of setting up the on-site interview was really disorganized. the worst experience I have had with any of the companies I have interviewed with. i had to set up my lodging and travel by myself while other companies took care of all that. Besides that, the onsite interviews were pretty smooth. It was a long interview consisting of 5 30 minute interviews, two which were case interviews. The interviews were again the basic resume questions and all the the interviewers asked the same questions. The cases weren't that hard, they basically wanted to see how you think. After the interviews, I went to lunch with two Associates. Over all the interview process wasn't that hard. Definitely, think about what you want to do in your career though. It doesn't seem like this position leads to any more opportunities in the the company. When talking to them, it seemed like most people left and were expected to leave to get an MBA.

Interview Questions

• Why Cambridge Associates?
      Why did you pick your school?
      Why did you pick your major(s)?

Answer Question

Junior Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Had an on campus interview, 1 on 1 with an alumni who currently works at Cambridge. Basic interview questions involving strengths, weaknesses, and interests. Make sure you know what the job you are applying for entails because they will ask about it. Asked back to go to a "super day." Excited for this opportunity!

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Arlington, VA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university's job board, selected for a campus interview. A week later I received an invitation for a super day. It consisted of 6 rounds, 2 of which were cases. Not very difficult. Really basic investing knowledge (risk, return, time horizons).

Interview Questions

• Case based on an endowment and strategically walking through how you would allocate these funds.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, followed by 1 round with team members, another superday with a case and 2-3 interviews, then a final session of 2 interviews with other team leaders

HR was very efficient in scheduling and reverting on progress; interviews sought to test interest and mainly competency-based. Very focused on your ability to work in a team

Was good that the team gave 2 presentations to let candidates have a clear idea of the day to day responsibilities and the case illustrated a real work situation.

Not sure what they are looking out for exactly as I thought I did pretty well but was not offered.

Interview Questions

• What would be difficult for you to work in a team as a team member   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews - 1 by HR and 1 by 2 IAs, followed by a mini superday, which consisted of 2 more interviews with 4 other IAs, a case study, and a writing test.

Beyond this stage, I believe there'll be 1 other interview stage. Waiting for a reply.

The IAs who interviewed me were all very pleasant, and the interview process thus far has been very enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How would you calculate risk?   Answer Question