Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 16 Oct 2014
Updated 16 Oct 2014

Analyst Interview

Applying though my school job portal and receive the interview opportunity couple of weeks later. interview with head/director, they're pretty nice people, very pleasant and professional. Return the outcome couple of weeks later

Associated Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

A series of phone interviews followed by an interview in Boston. Phone interviews were composed of very general questions (Why Cambridge Associates? Why are you interested in consulting? etc.). During the real interview I met with three different people. Each one asked a series of questions (about portfolio theory, my goals/aspirations). The business atmosphere was very professional. Seems like a very rewarding company to work for.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe the stock market to somebody who understood nothing about it?   Answer Question

Junior Operation Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

first: phone screen (questions: why CA, how to cooperate with others. Casual questions); second: face to face interview (1.director presentation; 2.two round interviews with different team leaders). This position may need more communication skills since the data collection work require the associate to contact the specific investment manager, which is kind of like the representative of CA.

Junior Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2014.

- Applied online
    - Received email in about 1-2 weeks time from application (REALLY FAST)
    - Arranged for phone interview/phone screen
    - Basic walk-through of resume
    - Tell me more about yourself
    - Why do you want to work in CA?
    - Where do you see yourself in 5 Years?
    - Tell me about a time when you took on a leadership role?
    - Interviewer was friendly throughout

Interview Questions
    • - Phone interview was pretty easy and interviewer doing the phone interview/phone screen was really friendly   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2014.

The phone interview was very straightforward and basic - the recruiter asked me to go through my resume and asked the unavoidable "tell me about yourself" question. The goal here was to be able to relate each experience on your resume back to the responsibilities of the Junior Associate position.

I was invited back to the 2nd round, which was the Open House. There was an hour-long presentation on the company and how the MIG fit into the company. Pay attention during the presentation to learn more about the company and the position. After the presentation, there were three 30 minute, back to back, interviews with managers/assistant managers of various teams. It's important to ask for water between interviews, especially because it's easy to strain your throat when talking to so many people. Finally, there was a quick wrap up session.

Within a day or two, I received a call saying that I was invited back to the final round, where I had a transparency session and went through a demo of what I would be doing if I got the position. After the transparency session, I went through a 30 min interview with another manager I hadn't met previously, followed by a more informal round-table with 2 current associates, a writing test, and 2 more interviews: 45 min with the director of the teams/my team manager, and 30 min with the assistant manager/who would be my direct supervisor.

Unfortunately, I was told that while they appreciated my experience and positive attitude, they were looking to "go in another direction". I received the call in 1 business day, though I was told the decision would take 1-2 business days.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most uninteresting part of the job and how will you handle that?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

I heard about the position from a staffing agency. It was a first round phone interview with two members of HR. Interview was basic, reviewed interview, and covered the position. Interviews were still being performed and follow-up will be in a few days time. No offer was extended as it was a first round phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Only a few questions were asked:

1. What is your long term goal? Say a 2-4 year timeframe?
      2. What is the type of work environment in which you work best?
      3. What is the salary you were making in your previous roles?
        Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

I received an email requesting a phone interview last week. Upon initiating the call it was OK but the recruiter kept prodding for a higher meaning behind my applying to the job. It was not rocket science after over four years in non-profit I wanted to go back to corporate. Given this was essentially an entry level job and I clearly have experience as my resume stated (10 yrs since I graduated from college) it was odd to feel like I was being asked questions that do not apply to me. Very spastic recruiter but nice lady. The next day I got an email saying my background does not match their needs for the role. Did you not have my background prior to calling me?

Interview Questions
    • Unoriginal questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What did you connect with in the job descriptions?   Answer Question

Investment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

Very enjoyable interview process, everyone was extremely friendly and did their utmost to represent what the job entails and what the firm has to offer. However, they also repeatedly enquire as to whether you would be committed enough to do what is essentially research work (looking at graphs, researching data etc.) and deal with no clear career path or development.

Interview Questions
    • How would you shape a 100 million pound portfolio for a client.   View Answer

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Submitted my resume via company website. HR was efficient and got back to me the next day and we scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview went smoothly and the nice HR lady ran through my resume as well as some questions that allowed her to know more about me.
    Was then sent an email inviting me to come down for the first round interview. Started off with a presentation by the director of PRG that shared with us a broad overview of the company. It was followed by 3 rounds of interviews with the current staff as well as the HR.
    I was then invited back for a second and final round of interviews the next day. (Yes the HR lady is efficient!) Was given a more detailed presentation by the same director before embarking on a case study. Case study was interesting and I think they were looking at possibly your thought process.
    Once again, I got a response the next day and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were generally standard save for some gotcha questions.   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

I applied online and about a month later, I received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was basic, running through the resume. Then two weeks later, I was called in for a group interview where you listen to a presentation about the company for about thirty minutes and then have three individual interviews with assistant managers. The last interview I had was a writing sample, two round table discussions with people who have the job you are applying for, an interview with an assistant manager, and then the manager.

They repeat the questions a lot. They try to make you nervous by asking a lot of questions in a short amount of time. It's really not that bad.

Interview Questions

The compensation was lower than expected. I got another job with a higher salary.