Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

I heard about the position from a staffing agency. It was a first round phone interview with two members of HR. Interview was basic, reviewed interview, and covered the position. Interviews were still being performed and follow-up will be in a few days time. No offer was extended as it was a first round phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • Only a few questions were asked:

1. What is your long term goal? Say a 2-4 year timeframe?
      2. What is the type of work environment in which you work best?
      3. What is the salary you were making in your previous roles?
        Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in July 2014.

I received an email requesting a phone interview last week. Upon initiating the call it was OK but the recruiter kept prodding for a higher meaning behind my applying to the job. It was not rocket science after over four years in non-profit I wanted to go back to corporate. Given this was essentially an entry level job and I clearly have experience as my resume stated (10 yrs since I graduated from college) it was odd to feel like I was being asked questions that do not apply to me. Very spastic recruiter but nice lady. The next day I got an email saying my background does not match their needs for the role. Did you not have my background prior to calling me?

Interview Questions
    • Unoriginal questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What did you connect with in the job descriptions?   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

I applied online and about a month later, I received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was basic, running through the resume. Then two weeks later, I was called in for a group interview where you listen to a presentation about the company for about thirty minutes and then have three individual interviews with assistant managers. The last interview I had was a writing sample, two round table discussions with people who have the job you are applying for, an interview with an assistant manager, and then the manager.

They repeat the questions a lot. They try to make you nervous by asking a lot of questions in a short amount of time. It's really not that bad.

Interview Questions

The compensation was lower than expected. I got another job with a higher salary.

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Submitted my resume via company website. HR was efficient and got back to me the next day and we scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview went smoothly and the nice HR lady ran through my resume as well as some questions that allowed her to know more about me.
    Was then sent an email inviting me to come down for the first round interview. Started off with a presentation by the director of PRG that shared with us a broad overview of the company. It was followed by 3 rounds of interviews with the current staff as well as the HR.
    I was then invited back for a second and final round of interviews the next day. (Yes the HR lady is efficient!) Was given a more detailed presentation by the same director before embarking on a case study. Case study was interesting and I think they were looking at possibly your thought process.
    Once again, I got a response the next day and received an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were generally standard save for some gotcha questions.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

There was an online application, HR telephone screen, and after they invite you to the office for a company presentation and 2 interviews with a current analyst and HR rep. Final round was a case study and another interview with the HR rep and the manager.

1. HR telephone screen questions: Run through your resume, what are you most proud of, why Cambridge, what other jobs have you applied for, pretty standard questions.

2. Listen during the company presentation at the office because the first question the HR rep asked was "what did you find interesting/what did you learn about the company?". Again, very standard questions. The analyst asked: "If money was no object, what would be your dream job" followed by "How would this position help you fulfil that dream?"

3. Case study was really simple, nothing technical. Another analyst will come in for 15 mins and you can ask them questions. Interview with the manager was more of a conversation.

Performance Reporting Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

1st round - Get to know you questions (e.g. strengthens and weaknesses, why cambridge?)
    2nd round - Interview questions based on Case Study
    The questions were 1) If you are given only 5 days to complete a report, how will you manage with a tight timeline?
    2) Come up with questions to ask your team member.

Interview Questions
    • Come up with questions to ask your team member. Must know the reporting process of the company to answer it.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

First round interview - I answered questions as prompted, however I feel that what made my application weak was lack of a strong financial background and the fact that my call dropped three times mid-interview. Make sure you have good cell service!

Interviewer was very friendly.

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Found out about the job from talking to a recruiter at a campus career fair. Submitted application online and completed phone screen a week later then traveled down to DC for super day (bonus: they reimburse you for travel). Day started with an informational presentation on the group followed by standard super day format of 4-5 consecutive interviews, most with the group's managers. Interview questions were somewhat repetitive. Everyone I met was in their 20s, so seemed like it'd be a fun environment to work in after college. Heard back from the recruiter that I didn't get the job within a week after the super day. Overall positive experience: the process moved quickly, recruiter was helpful, and everyone seemed to genuinely like working there.

Portfolio Reporting Interview

There will be a preliminary phone screening. After which, if selected, you will participated in the first interview in their office. It includes writing an email requesting for some documents, followed by 2 interview sessions 30 mins each. Interviewers are probably colleagues that you will work with in the future. Questions are mainly standard interview questions such as strengths, how do you fit into the company and how are you different from the rest of the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If money is not a problem, what job would you like to do?   Answer Question

Portfolio Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

This is the firs round phone interview. The questions were all pretty straight forward. Asked why this position but not the other one. Why Singapore. Where do you see you in 5 years.