Cambridge Associates, LLC

Getting the Interview

132 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Applied online and was contacted within a few days by a recruiter and had an initial phone interview. Was brought in for the first round of interview (along with another candidate). The first interview was started with an information session about the company, followed by 3 thirty minute back to back interviews with three different people (Each of the 3 have a different mood from happy and easy going to quite serious). I was invited back for the second and final round of interviewing. This consisted of meeting with the head of the performance reporting group, and several other managers. There was also a scenario based test involved.

Interview Question – Name 3 of your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied through LinkedIn and was called the next day for a phone screening. After that I was signed up for an interview at their Arlington location. Had a series of three interviews lasting about a half hour each. They seemed more concerned about asking questions to contradict yourself than asking about skills. If I contradicted myself in the least bit, theyd tell me.

Interview Question – Weaknesses   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a lady in HR. She gave me the details for my interview, which entailed meeting with multiple groups within the CIB department. Over the course of 3 hours, I met with staff from Real Estate Gaming & Lodging, TMT, and FIG. Each group explained how the analyst role applied to their particular group, and asked me to walk them through my resume and tell them about my background. There were not many technical questions; mainly, the interview was a conversation for the most part. Therefore, having questions prepared for them drove the direction of the interview.

Interview Question – If a company purchases equipment during the year, what is the effect to the Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow Statement?   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Junior Research Associate

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details 4 stages of interviewing process

Interview Question – Behavour related questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer at Goldman Sachs.

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2012.

Interview Details Pretty standard. Case study for last part of final interview.

Interview Question – What are your three biggest strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details I went through phone screening, then 2 rounds of interview. It was pretty straightforward. No brain-teasing questions. However, they did try to test my behavioral reaction in certain occasions.

Interview Question – It was so long ago. There really were no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2010.

Interview Details 1. 30min phone interview to ascertain your interest in investment consulting and Cambridge Associates
2. In-office interviews comprising of a case study, and interviews with members of the consulting associate team
3. In-office interviews with other members of consulting associate team and investment consultant
4. In-office interviews with one or two investment consultants

Interview Question – How does the optimal number of managers differ for different types of asset classes and what does it depend on?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Consulting Associate Interview

Consulting Associate

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details First had an on campus interview at my university and then an on site interview with the firm. Whole process took about 2.5 weeks from the first interview to hearing back after the second round. The on site interview consisted of 2 30 min and 2 45 min interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, had to talk through a few cases, but that was about it.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details 1. Thirty minute phone interview with relatively basic questions about my background and desire to work with the company.
2. Flew out for an interview that consisted of a 30 minute presentation and three separate 30 minute interviews. The first interviewer quizzed me on the history of the company and their clients, and he also me the names of the two women who gave me the presentation to throw me off a little. The rest of the interview was pretty standard, as he tried to gather info about my background and if I would be a good fit for the role. The remaining two interviews were much the same, and the process got easier and more comfortable with each passing round.
3. I felt the interviews went well, and I was told that I would receive a decision on another round of interviews within one week. After nearly two weeks, I emailed the recruiter and she failed to answer a series of emails until nearly a month later. The reason she gave for me not advancing didn't seem very valid.

Interview Question – Why do you think you haven't been employed yet?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online through their careers website and got an email asking for a phone interview about 2 weeks later. I was scheduled to interview with a Senior Recruiter but she was going to be out the week I was suppose to interview, so she sent the Assistant Director of Recruiting to do the interview.

The interview was literally less than 10 minutes and the woman didn't seem at all interested in getting to know me. She seemed like she wasn't prepared with enough questions. She literally asked me about 2 of the jobs on my resume and if I was able to work without sponsorship. No behavioral questions at all. She asked me how I found the position and that was probably the hardest question she asked me... She didn't describe the position to me or give an introduction about the company. At the end, she asked me if I had any questions for her and I was so confused because it seemed like such a short interview that I only asked her 2 questions, thinking that she would go into further detail about the position and ask me more questions.

I thought that such an established firm would have a more organized interviewing system. This woman didn't seem to prepare to ask me anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't call me back.

Interview Question – Nothing. She didn't really ask me anything.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cambridge Associates, LLC