Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
Updated Aug 25, 2014
151 interviews

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

I applied online and got an email from the HR for a phone interview a few days later. Interviewer was very nice and basically got me to run through my resume i.e. Talk about internships and school activities. I was told that there will be a follow up for next steps.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Very easy-going, they always make you feel comfortable and frame the interviews like normal conversations. Low stress, but definitely require a decent amount of technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Should so-and-so portfolio expand into emerging markets given such-and-such circumstances? If so, to what degree? What investments should be removed?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Phone interview and superday with behavioral interview that included a case.

Interview Questions
    • How would you invest $20,000?
      What would you do if you were given 5 hours to do a 10 hour project?
        View Answer

MIG Interview

Phone interview then 2 rounds at Cambridge Associates MIG office.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses that will make me not hire you   Answer Question

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2014.

went through 2 rounds of interviews. the first round was in a group of 8. 2 hours session. the first hour was spent introducing the company and the roles. the second hour was split into 2 parts, a 30min interview with one of the staff (could be a manager, HR, etc) and another 30min sharing sessions with the junior analyst ( casual sharing session of perspective in life etc).

the second interview was 3 hours. the first hour was a 1 hours sharing session by the MIG manager about the role. the second hour was broken down into three 30min interviews. with the hiring manager, 2 junior analyst and the director. the last 30min was sample email writing. basically they gave a situation where you had to send an business email out. (nothing difficult, just have to be coherent and clear and ensure your email has all the relevant details imo)

Interview Questions
    • all the questions asked were non-technical, things like sharing stuff on your resume, or greatest strength greatest weakness. the interview process is very casual (although i believe they observe alot on your body language and spoken language and basically how you carry youself) and the idea for them is to get to know you better while you get to know them better.   Answer Question

Research Analyst - Manager Information Group Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in February 2014.

Applied via Campus recruitment. Interviewed on campus, didn't get an offer. Most of the questions were about teamwork and leadership

Interview Questions
    • Who in your life do you want to model your career after?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Three rounds to the whole process. First round was initial phone screening with HR; second round was a thirty minute phone call with two research associates with emphasis on fit a well as broad financial knowledge; third and final round was a "super day" type interview at their Boston office where I interviewed with 6 different people. Needed to prepare a case study for the final round that was pretty technical.

Interview Questions
    • Case study for final round. Needed to really know your stuff as far as financial and business analysis and   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Multiple rounds, focus on behavior

Operations Associate Interview

Single on-campus interview, with single interviewer (manager). The interviewer came across as intentionally abrasive. There were no case studies or technical questions, just general background and interest questions. The interviewer could not readily explain the position for which they were interviewing candidates. Follow-ups to the interview were sophomoric and opaque.

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in December 2013.

I interviewed in December 2013 and January 2014. I was contacted by the HR Department via email, and set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic and normal questions such as "Why Cambridge" and "Tell Me About yourself". I was asked for an onsite interview at the end of the conversation. The first onsite interview was meeting with three individuals within the PRG and a group presentation. they were very informative and asked multiple questions on the lines of "Why Cambridge?" and "Why are you a good fit for this position". Every interviewer was very knowledgeable, nice, and polite. Two weeks later, I was asked to come back for a second onsite interview. This interview was a walk through on what an average day at CA would look like. I also interviewed in a group panel with two managers of PRG, one current Investment Performance Analyst, and the head manager of the PRG. Again, all of whom were nice, cordial, and polite. I was asked many of the same questions. Finally I had to complete a case study and present it to the head manager. The case study is not difficult, but you need to be thorough. Overall it was a great experience, and everyone I met with was very knowledgeable and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Previous situational questions: 'When have you been put in a situation such as..... and how did you deal with it?"   View Answer