Cambridge Associates, LLC

Cambridge Associates, LLC Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec 2014
Updated 12 Dec 2014

Portfolio Reporting Interview

There will be a preliminary phone screening. After which, if selected, you will participated in the first interview in their office. It includes writing an email requesting for some documents, followed by 2 interview sessions 30 mins each. Interviewers are probably colleagues that you will work with in the future. Questions are mainly standard interview questions such as strengths, how do you fit into the company and how are you different from the rest of the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If money is not a problem, what job would you like to do?   Answer Question

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

There was an online application, HR telephone screen, and after they invite you to the office for a company presentation and 2 interviews with a current analyst and HR rep. Final round was a case study and another interview with the HR rep and the manager.

1. HR telephone screen questions: Run through your resume, what are you most proud of, why Cambridge, what other jobs have you applied for, pretty standard questions.

2. Listen during the company presentation at the office because the first question the HR rep asked was "what did you find interesting/what did you learn about the company?". Again, very standard questions. The analyst asked: "If money was no object, what would be your dream job" followed by "How would this position help you fulfil that dream?"

3. Case study was really simple, nothing technical. Another analyst will come in for 15 mins and you can ask them questions. Interview with the manager was more of a conversation.

Junior Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

First round interview - I answered questions as prompted, however I feel that what made my application weak was lack of a strong financial background and the fact that my call dropped three times mid-interview. Make sure you have good cell service!

Interviewer was very friendly.

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

I applied online and got an email from the HR for a phone interview a few days later. Interviewer was very nice and basically got me to run through my resume i.e. Talk about internships and school activities. I was told that there will be a follow up for next steps.

Portfolio Report Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in May 2014.

This is the firs round phone interview. The questions were all pretty straight forward. Asked why this position but not the other one. Why Singapore. Where do you see you in 5 years.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Very easy-going, they always make you feel comfortable and frame the interviews like normal conversations. Low stress, but definitely require a decent amount of technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Should so-and-so portfolio expand into emerging markets given such-and-such circumstances? If so, to what degree? What investments should be removed?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Phone interview and superday with behavioral interview that included a case.

Interview Questions
    • How would you invest $20,000?
      What would you do if you were given 5 hours to do a 10 hour project?

View Answer

MIG Interview

Phone interview then 2 rounds at Cambridge Associates MIG office.

Interview Questions
    • What are your weaknesses that will make me not hire you   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Three rounds to the whole process. First round was initial phone screening with HR; second round was a thirty minute phone call with two research associates with emphasis on fit a well as broad financial knowledge; third and final round was a "super day" type interview at their Boston office where I interviewed with 6 different people. Needed to prepare a case study for the final round that was pretty technical.

Interview Questions
    • Case study for final round. Needed to really know your stuff as far as financial and business analysis and   Answer Question

Junior Research Associate Interview

Multiple rounds, focus on behavior