Cambridge Associates, LLC

Average Difficulty
145 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details First had an on campus interview at my university and then an on site interview with the firm. Whole process took about 2.5 weeks from the first interview to hearing back after the second round. The on site interview consisted of 2 30 min and 2 45 min interviews.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, had to talk through a few cases, but that was about it.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Analyst
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details 1. Thirty minute phone interview with relatively basic questions about my background and desire to work with the company.
2. Flew out for an interview that consisted of a 30 minute presentation and three separate 30 minute interviews. The first interviewer quizzed me on the history of the company and their clients, and he also me the names of the two women who gave me the presentation to throw me off a little. The rest of the interview was pretty standard, as he tried to gather info about my background and if I would be a good fit for the role. The remaining two interviews were much the same, and the process got easier and more comfortable with each passing round.
3. I felt the interviews went well, and I was told that I would receive a decision on another round of interviews within one week. After nearly two weeks, I emailed the recruiter and she failed to answer a series of emails until nearly a month later. The reason she gave for me not advancing didn't seem very valid.

Interview Question – Why do you think you haven't been employed yet?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Boston, MA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2013.

Interview Details I applied online through their careers website and got an email asking for a phone interview about 2 weeks later. I was scheduled to interview with a Senior Recruiter but she was going to be out the week I was suppose to interview, so she sent the Assistant Director of Recruiting to do the interview.

The interview was literally less than 10 minutes and the woman didn't seem at all interested in getting to know me. She seemed like she wasn't prepared with enough questions. She literally asked me about 2 of the jobs on my resume and if I was able to work without sponsorship. No behavioral questions at all. She asked me how I found the position and that was probably the hardest question she asked me... She didn't describe the position to me or give an introduction about the company. At the end, she asked me if I had any questions for her and I was so confused because it seemed like such a short interview that I only asked her 2 questions, thinking that she would go into further detail about the position and ask me more questions.

I thought that such an established firm would have a more organized interviewing system. This woman didn't seem to prepare to ask me anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't call me back.

Interview Question – Nothing. She didn't really ask me anything.   Answer Question

Investment Performance Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Analyst
Arlington, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details There was a phone interview, followed by two rounds of in-office interviews. Lastly, a final phone interview with the director of the Investment Performance group. The process was slightly disorganized, but overall moved relatively quickly once it got started.

Interview Question – How would you rate this interview on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question

Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in September 2013.

Interview Details I applied via my University's career services. About a week later, CA reached out to me saying they'd like to interview me on Grounds. The first round interview is relatively short at 30 minutes and not very technical. They asked the typical behavioral questions such as why do you want to go into financial consulting, why CA specifically, and they asked a basic portfolio theory question at the end.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was why CA. The why financial consulting was easy bc it's a job between i-banking and strategy consulting and provides a good balance, but I'm not even aware of competing financial consulting firms.   View Answer

Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in August 2009.

Interview Details This was a standard interview with some exercises to test basic investment knowledge. The interview is composed of 5 meetings with current CA team.

Interview Question – Nothing stood out.   Answer Question

Data Specialist Interview

Data Specialist

Interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC

Interview Details Phone HR conversation. Trip to DC for two half hour interviews

Interview Question – Tons of grade yourself on a scale of 1-10, something you are not above 7 on   Answer Question

Investment Performance Junior Analyst Interview

Investment Performance Junior Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC.

Interview Details Phone Interview : Questions about activities you done shown on your resume, strengths and weaknesses. Basic questions..

Interview Question – Why didnt you join any clubs or societies in school?   Answer Question

Consulting Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in October 2012.

Interview Details Applied through campus career center. Half-hour on-campus interview, followed by interview day in Boston office that I declined. The interview was a few standard questions (Why Cambridge, why investment consulting) followed by a brief case study. The interviewer was very friendly and laid-back. Personality fit definitely seemed to be a focus.

Interview Question – The case study was pretty simple, just a risk/return graph with different hypothetical managers graphed. The goal was to determine which manager should be replaced (i.e., lowest return/risk ratio).   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Summer Associate
Boston, MA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cambridge Associates, LLC in March 2013.

Interview Details I was initially contacted by a recruiter at the end of January 2013. After submitting an application and two academic references I had a phone interview with a second-year associate who asked primarily personal/fit questions, nothing technical. The on-site interview in Boston was about a week later. That consisted of three 30-minute interviews, each with 1-2 current associates. The morning culminated with a lunch interview with a fourth CA associate.

Interview Question – None of the questions were particularly difficult. The crux of the interview centered around a case interview delivering a recommendation to a client about an asset allocation strategy giving a variety of asset classes with varying avg. annual returns and standard deviations given the client's risk/expected return requirements   Answer Question