Canadian Tire

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Interview Details I simply do not have any advice, they took me in almost without any questions because a relative of mine referred me and was only there to review the rules, and job responsibilities. Wasn't asked many (any) questions.

Interview Question – Is this your first cash job?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – got hired, and got to work. I didn't care about my schedule and it was my first job so I was okay with minimum wage.

Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

Interview Details I applied for the job in person after hearing from the friend of a worker that the management preferred a hand-in to online. I was initially contacted in the beginning of March (three weeks after my hand-in), but it took until the beginning of April before they were prepared to schedule an interview. It then took a further four weeks with two follow-up calls before they would give me a decision regarding the position. I found the whole process really lengthy without any reasonable excuse.

Interview Question – "Do you have a history of on-the-job accidents? We get a lot of those here."   View Answer

Peace River, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2012.

Interview Details Handed in a resume, got a phone call, started the next day.

Interview Question – No questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is what your getting paid. This is what you will be doing. Take it or leave it.

Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2012.

Interview Details Hiring manager was great and very accommodating with my scheduled, wanted it to work out with both of us.

Interview Question – Do you know what else Canadian tire owns.   Answer Question

Cashier
Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2011.

Interview Details One brings their resume into the store, where you are briefly interviewed by a manager. The resume then goes to the owners, and they decide based upon your references, experience and the manager's rating of your interview. (Based upon presentation of both resume and self; confidence, clothing/ appearance, hours available).

Interview Question – Nothing too complicated   Answer Question

Interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview Details Talked lots about different situations that a normal cashier would face on a daily basis. Includes: helping manager out or cleaning up aisle spill?, how well you work in team situations. Very friendly 1 on 1 interview experience, especially for an entry level position. Tests to see if you are reliable and trustworthy to handle cash on a daily basis

Interview Question – What is the maximum allowance for a deficit and surplus at the end of day cash reconciliation?   Answer Question

Saint John, NB (Canada)

I applied through another source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2010.

Interview Details I went to the store, asked for and received an application. I asked what it was like to work there and was told it was fine. Later that day I brought the filled in application back. A few days later I received a call for an interview. I went in for the interview the very next day. We talked easily. The job was explained. I was asked a few questions that were easy to answer. I then was given an employee shirt and brought to one of the checkout stands and introduced to an employee. We stood behind her while she worked. Then I was asked if I wanted to "try" it. I stayed on the cash for about half an hour, with the employee behind me, helping me. She was very good, helpful and kind. I was given the job on the spot and began working the next day. My willingness to learn their system, to work tons of hours over the holiday season, past experience in sales and my calm,assured and friendly manner at the interview were what I believe got me the job. That and the fact that they needed new people for the Christmas holiday sales. It's a great place to work during busy times. You would get TONS of hours. As a new employee, after the season is over, the hours will dry up dramatically.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. The salary is set.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Interview Details Very easy, 15 minute interview. Basic questions.

Interview Questions

Cashier

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2010.

Interview Details The interviews started at the job agency which was quite easy considering I had no experience. Then I went for two group interviews where there were about 8 other people being interviewed. I stood out quite easily because they want someone who is polite and responsible looking. Did a personality test as well and got a tour of the store. After about two weeks I got a call back. EASY.

Interview Question – Explain a bad situation you've had and how you've dealt with it?   Answer Question

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!