Canadian Tire

Updated 25 Dec 2014
Updated 25 Dec 2014

2.4

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

I received a 1/2 hour call from the recruiter after applying for the position online. He asked me a lot of questions about my previous experience, including quantifying the years of experience of various skills like Excel. Next, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a coworker of the position. It was a lot of behaviour-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through all the steps you took in the annual salary review process.   Answer Question

Replenishment Analyst - New Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

I was contacted and asked some questions on the phone about my experience. I was then called in for an interview. I had to prepare a case study they sent me and had to present it. They also asked a question about a product.

Interview Questions
    • What would you take into cosnideration when analyzing the replenishment of this product ?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2014.

They called me on tuesday and had me in for the interview that thursday. Got a call back the day after. The interview was ten minutes long, but I had to wait five minutes for the manager to show up. They asked for my references, and some of the questions were based on those.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time when you've had to deal with a difficult or irate customer?   Answer Question

Accounting Co-op Student Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

Two managers interviewed. Took about an hour to go through the question package. They were very nice as they explained the questions when I didn't understand them. Very pleasant experience overall. My manager told me they were looking for personality fit rather than your abilities.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Basic behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Auto Parts Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Allied in person received a call for an interview within 3 days. had interview with general manager and dept manger. Interview was relatively informal ...the usual focus on my personal relative experience sales and customer service skills and philosophies.and automotive background.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

I handed in my resume at the customer service desk, and about a week later I got a call asking me to go in for an "interview". This interview was a forty minute long video which asks random skill based (hardware,math) questions. You write down your answers and if you do well, you might get a call back. Less than a week later I went in for an actual interview which lasted maybe ten minutes and was hired that day, and scheduled to come in for a three hour training shift the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to do after highschool?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2014.

Applied for the Business Analyst position though email and received an email confirming a phone interview date. Took the call, was asked Basic questions that are listened below. The phone call lasted about thirty minutes. Was told that I should receive an email in about a week telling me if I will be moving on to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic. They asked me the following questions: Why Canadian Tire? What was your greatest accomplishment? Why this job? Why this major instead of the other major that you pursued?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Very simple.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

For the first-round phone interview, there is just some common behaviour questions.
    For the second-round on site interview, a case study about warehouse demand prediction will be tested and the interviewer should give a presentation about it.

Programmer Analyst, Co-op Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

Applied online,whole process took about a month. Was contacted by hiring manager directly

Interview Questions
    • Everything was expected. No technical interview, just behavior and resume based questions   Answer Question