Capco Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.8

Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco in May 2014.

1. First applied online through a form with basic questions such as: what can you bring to CAPCO? why consulting and why CAPCO?.

2.Then a few weeks later got invited to a video interview. It was very short, about 1min to answer each questions (3 questions in total): how would your colleagues/team mates describe you? How do you see the future of financial services? and the last one I don't remember but something like why CAPCO? or tell me about yourself. Easy stuff.

3. After a week they sent me an e-mail with the group assessment invite. 3 parts: short test, fire interview and case group (an m&a between 2 banks). Pretty fast and exciting, no difficult questions: why CAPCO and not the big 4, why should we not hire you, what question should I ask you next, what makes you more special than the other candidates? The test is basic maths, no calculator needed.

4. It only took 2-3 days to get another e-mail with the invite for the final round. 3 interviews: principal consultant, head of HR and a Partner. Same type of questions as in the previous stage.

5. The day after the interviews they called with the offer and sent the contract.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time your work was criticized and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was needed.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco.

Five stage process. Made it through the initial phone interview with HR rep, then invited for two back to back interviews with a consultant and a PM first, followed by another HR rep. Unfortunately didn't make it through to the next round which is apparently another two interviews with HR rep and then Business Partner. I stumbled on one question that involved in depth knowledge of trading which I unfortunately do not have but do not feel that this was really an issue or the reason I didn't get progressed as it is a management consultancy and I was applying for the general area of capital markets which I have worked in for a number of years in several large financial institutions and therefore have enough knowledge to apply towards several specialisms within this area. The consultant struck me immediately as if he was not interested in the interviewing process at all and had a typical financial professional persona of a BS artist at its finest. Basically talks a lot but nothing to back it up and then did not take at all to having basic interviewee questions asked his way which he then stumbled on more than I did on a technical question.

Interview Questions
    • What new ideas and/or innovations can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Capco Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online - interviewed at Capco in April 2014.

Applied online, answered three questions - "What is your reason for applying to Capco?", "What attracts you to the field of Consulting?", "In the current Financial Service Climate, what do you think Capco should be concentrating on?".

Was invited to do a video interview, another three questions; "Why are you applying to Capco? What do you think the role of an Associate involves?", "Tell us about a complex group problem, what would you team members say about you" and "What do you think is the future in the Financial Service.."(Or something like that. 30 sec to prepare, 60 sec to answer.

Good and quick communication, no hard questions.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell us about a complex group problem, what would you team members say about you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2014.

So the first part of the process is an online application with a short video interview basic questions; how would you describe yourself? what changes do you see happening in Banking in the next few years?

Second part is an assessment day:

Fairly standard people split in groups then process is as follows;
    1. Quick fire interview rounds, questions aren't aimed to catch you out more so to see how you react and answer in pressure situations. Questions vary from why would you be a good consultant to what is a recent book you have read and how was it.

the hard questions are; why shouldn't we hire you? what big changes do see happening in the financial services industry? why would you be a good consultant?

best to stay relaxed in this situation it is more of a way for them to gauge the type of person you are and how confident you are in having a conversation etc.

2. there is then a short aptitude test mix of maths, logical thinking and verbal fairly straight-forward you won't need a calculator for the maths and the verbal is more so you looking for mistakes in a document so attention to key details spelling mistakes etc.

3. Group case study - they split you in groups at the start then that is the group you do a mini presentation with again this is a focus on how you work in a team, communicate and understand a document also they are looking to see how you can articulate as well.

for the most part they want you to be yourself there is plenty of opportunity to talk to other employees without feeling like it's part of the process it's quite informal with them and they want to give you as much information as possible. Advice: Stay calm, relaxed and ask questions when given the opportunity. Also in group exercises look to communicate and add input do not just sit and listen and let others take over.

Third stage:
    Longer interview process with three different people one of whom is a partner -

Here there is a greater focus on your CV your past experiences and challenges you have over come etc.

asked a lot of questions as to why Capco and why consultancy? but also be prepared to have an understanding of current issues and changes in financial services as there are questions asked on this and what do you think the scope for the future is etc?

lots of competency questions like a time you were challenged? a time you failed? etc

Finally last part of the process is a written document they want you to write a response to two questions a basic check of your structured writing, spelling and punctuation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2014.

Applied online and had an telephone screening interview, 3 CV based interviews with HR, partner and managing principal and a case study presentation interview.

Interview Questions
    • The partner interview was a quick fire questions looking to do a CV run through that seemed to try and unsettle, it didn't leave much space for interaction and was about capco ticking boxes. Had I received an offer it would make me question why capco didn't try and sell the company more.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Application, Telephone Interview, AC, Partner/HC interview

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Capco in February 2014.

Consisted of a case study, group exercise, quick fire interviews and a test.
    People were really friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest disappointment?
      What do you think the future of financial services is?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

interviewed at Capco in October 2013.

After applying online I got a Invitation for the Assesment Center which was about two months later. During the Assesment Center the applicants where divided in groups of 5 and had to go through 3 stages. The stage my group started with, was a M&A case study presentation. Afterwards we had to go trough the quick fire interviews which was not as intense as I expected. Finally we had to do the test which now includes logical and numerical questions next to an attention to detail part in which you have to find mistakes in a project status slide.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Capco in October 2013.

Process starts with CV and answering couple of straight forward questions: Why Capco, why consulting, describe opportunities for banks at this moment. Then assessment centre, three stages: quick fire interview - aptitude test - group case study. Quick fire interview is not too bad; standard questions and sometimes funny questions like: whats your favorite colour or use a song to describe your work ethic. Aptitude test quite hard: logical reasoning, numerical questions and to conclude some worksheet in which you have to find irregularities and typos (I did not really get this bit). Group case study not too hard; about M&A of two banks.

Interview Questions
    • During quick fire interview they ask you about opportunities for retail banks, investment banks, insurance institutions etc. Important to think about this before hand. Also, they asked me about my personal experiences with my bank and if I could think of improvements to be made.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco in July 2013.

I applied to Capco through their online process. I submitted my application and heard Capco inviting me to an assessment center. The office is extremely bright and white (pretty cool to be honest) there was roughly 40 people at the assessment center with various backgrounds. the asessment was split into three parts.

1) Quick Fire Interview - FUN!
    2) Psychometric Testing
    3) Group work and presentation

I left feeling extremely excited about this company! over 20 employees stayed behind to facilitate the workshop and I got a chance to speak to a couple of people off the record.

Once the assessment center was over I received confirmation the next business day that I passed and I was given the opportunity to interview the very next day - I was nervous but accepted the interview!

The Final interview was with:

1) HR coordinator - Very conversational extremely friendly explained the benefits and talked about my competencies.

2) Firm Partner - Competency question and Case Study Role play (I never understood the case study question - however all you have to do is think logically)

Two days later

I was offer the job!

Interview Questions
    • How many stickers in this box 'interviewer pointed to the box on the table)   View Answer
    Competitive package - non negotiable! Above industry standard for a tier 2 consultancy firm.

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!