Capco

Updated 21 Feb 2015

2.9

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online – interviewed at Capco.

It was a lengthy process with many different rounds of assessment. This included: numeracy test, spelling and grammar test, several quick fire interviews, case study, group exercise, extended interview, and presentation to one of Capco's Partners. These tasks were split between an assessment center and final interview on two separate days.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capco.

3 stage interview:

First stage
    1hr HR Interview
    45min Technical Interview

Second Stage
    1hr case study
    25~30mins to create a 3 page presentation with 10~15mins to deliver followed by Question and Answer session on the presentation

Third Stage
    1hr Partner Interview

Very quick feedback process, longest waiting time was 2 days

Interview Questions
    • Why Capco
      Why Consultant/Consultancy
      Industry Expertise
      Views on the future of Consultancy/Finance Sector

Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

It all happened very quickly.

Application Form
    Q&A
    1 HR interview
    1 competency based interview
    1 partner interview

It took some time to hear back after I sent in the online application but the time from when I had the assessment day to when I got the offer it was about 2 weeks

Capco Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

First there was an online interview. Easy questions about your skills and about the role of a consultant. That was followed by an assessment centre. It contained a written test, a group case and mini interviews. The day was very well organised and laid back.

Training Associate Program Interview

Online application with 3 questions such as : Why Capco? Why Consulting? In the current Financial Services climate, what do you think Capco should be concentrating on?

Then invited for a video interview with 3 additional questions (30 sec to prepare 60 sec to answer) all fairly easy, such as describe a time that you have been part of a team what was your role etc.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think of retail banking vs online banking?   Answer Question

Talent Programmer Interview

Online application form - very simple
    Video interview - three basic questions - why capco, how your team mates would describe you, changes in banking industry over next 10 years
    Assessment centre - group exercise, numerical/verbal/logical test, speed interviews, Q&A with current employees
    Final interview with partner and HR - half and hour for each

Associate Talent Program Interview

Stage 1: Answer Online Questions

Stage 2: Record yourself answering 3 questions. Already been mentioned elsewhere, all fairly simple.

Stage 3: Assessment Centre. Split into groups. Consists of a short, but relatively easy, maths test. A group exercise where you have to read an M&A case and present your findings as 'Capco' to the client company doing the merger on your findings and recommendations. Finally, 3 quick-fire interview questions that are mainly conversational and are trying to see how relaxed and confident you are. Everyone always asks you 'Why consultancy?'

Stage 4: Final interview with head of HR, a senior consultant and a "partner".

Stage 4 of the process was handled horribly by HR and really put me off the company. I had a telephone interview scheduled with a senior consultant (was told it would be a partner but hey-ho) for 12 noon on a Friday. By 2pm I had no contact from anyone and so had to chase HR up about what was going on. At 4pm I got an email saying he was busy at client site and would have to reschedule for Monday (wasn't told when). Monday rolls around and again by 2pm no contact from anyone, I chase up HR who get back to me at 5pm telling me they can do the interview in half an hour. Telephone interview finally gets underway, the consultant seemed completely disinterested (obviously had better things to do) and lasted 12 minutes. Simple questions and answers that I had already been asked at every stage before.

Ultimately I was rejected and the only feedback was "despite your good interviews we felt you did not have the necessary experience". I believe this is something that they could have told me at the beginning of the process to save everyone time.

Advice to CAPCO: the application process is the opportunity not just for candidates to impress you, but for you to impress the candidates. If they see you can't organise a telephone interview then that does not bode well for the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about the LIBOR scandal. If you were the CEO of Barclays Bank what would be your 3 main concerns?   Answer Question

Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco in August 2014.

Online application with the following questions: What is your reason for applying to Capco? , What attracts you to the field of consulting? , In the current Financial Services climate, what do you think Capco should be concentrating on?

I was consequently invited to a video interview. I was informed the following day that I had passed the interview stage and had been invited to an AC for the following day, unfortunately I was unable to attend. I emailed HR to inform them that I was away and that I would return to London within a week. However, after a week of numerous unanswered calls on Capco's behalf, I was informed that all places on the scheme had been filled and that I should reapply for next years' intake.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the future in the Financial Service?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco.

Five stage process. Made it through the initial phone interview with HR rep, then invited for two back to back interviews with a consultant and a PM first, followed by another HR rep. Unfortunately didn't make it through to the next round which is apparently another two interviews with HR rep and then Business Partner. I stumbled on one question that involved in depth knowledge of trading which I unfortunately do not have but do not feel that this was really an issue or the reason I didn't get progressed as it is a management consultancy and I was applying for the general area of capital markets which I have worked in for a number of years in several large financial institutions and therefore have enough knowledge to apply towards several specialisms within this area. The consultant struck me immediately as if he was not interested in the interviewing process at all and had a typical financial professional persona of a BS artist at its finest. Basically talks a lot but nothing to back it up and then did not take at all to having basic interviewee questions asked his way which he then stumbled on more than I did on a technical question.

Interview Questions
    • What new ideas and/or innovations can you bring to the company?   Answer Question

Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco in May 2014.

1. First applied online through a form with basic questions such as: what can you bring to CAPCO? why consulting and why CAPCO?.

2.Then a few weeks later got invited to a video interview. It was very short, about 1min to answer each questions (3 questions in total): how would your colleagues/team mates describe you? How do you see the future of financial services? and the last one I don't remember but something like why CAPCO? or tell me about yourself. Easy stuff.

3. After a week they sent me an e-mail with the group assessment invite. 3 parts: short test, fire interview and case group (an m&a between 2 banks). Pretty fast and exciting, no difficult questions: why CAPCO and not the big 4, why should we not hire you, what question should I ask you next, what makes you more special than the other candidates? The test is basic maths, no calculator needed.

4. It only took 2-3 days to get another e-mail with the invite for the final round. 3 interviews: principal consultant, head of HR and a Partner. Same type of questions as in the previous stage.

5. The day after the interviews they called with the offer and sent the contract.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time your work was criticized and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was needed.