Capgemini

Getting the Interview

34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2011.

Interview Details Pre-Interview Stage:
Essentially, the key is to meet and talk to as many people as you can, as often as you can, and the way to do this is to go to as many events as you can; career fair booth (a must), meet and greet (possible to skip, but why give up on free pizza?), and the orientation (a must). If enough people like you, you will be considered for an on-campus interview.

On-Campus Interview:
More than likely, this will be conducted by someone who has been with the company for about a year to two years. Experienced staff consultant to senior consultant level. Will ask mainly questions about resume, why consulting, what do you know about Capgemini, what do you know about consulting. Essentially the standard boiler plate consulting-type questions. I don't remember this interview being essentially difficult.

On-Site Interview:
If you are selected to move forward, you will be invited on-site for 2-3 1:1 interviews. It has definitely changed since I was extended an offer. These interviews are conducted by more senior people; experienced managers to principal-level. Depending on who you get paired up with depends on how your interview will go; I was paired up with someone who tried to see if I was lying about my programming background and kept on asking more and more specific questions. The other interviewer wanted to see how I thought on my feet and asked me a lot of hypothetical questions. I've heard tales of some interviewers just flat out trying to see if they could get their interviewees to cry.

Interview Question – If you were a manager and you were tasked to pick a team, how would you go about picking a team? What if someone that you chose to be on your team wanted to be on another role?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Dallas, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in March 2014.

Interview Details Basic campus recruiting process. Met with consultant at career fair, expressed high interest in consulting and consulting lifestyle (always traveling). Was contacted by the consultant saying that I was invited for a interview on campus the following week. Was very early to the interview, the person before me didn't show up so I got to go early. Even though this is a great paying job people will miss their interview... He was nice but dry, cutting to the point many times, he appreciated short factual answers. Not long drawn out stories. The most important question is definitely, why do you want be a consultant and why Capgemini? Be ready to wow them. I was asked this again in the second round. Overall the first interview was quite pleasant. Take every opportunity to sell yourself, show your fire.

Was contacted the same day that I was invited for the second round in their corporate office. 3 30 minute rounds will take place. Get their early enough to review the case study and don't get to chatty with the other consultants and interviewees, its like they are trying to distract you and feel you out. You will also be given a buddy, be careful what you project, ask them questions about their expertise and experiences with Capgemini. They will do most of the talking if you let them.

Make sure you understand your body language, as all the interviewers will be gauging your behavior. Have examples of good communication, team work, leadership, and presentation skills, the first two interviews will touch on those. The second interviewer had a bit of a "snarky" era making small faces, looking at ringing phone/text/email, challenging my examples, etc. They want to see you flustered and how you respond.

Be sure you have enough time to read the case study, once you get in the room they will have a list of objections changing what you've been thinking of the whole time. The most important part is to know how to explain yourself and ask effective questions.

Interview Question – Leadership questions   View Answer

Interviewed at Capgemini

Interview Details A behavioural interview followed with a case study. The whole process lasts for an hour and interviewers are very friendly in general.

Interview Question – Estimate the no. of people who engage in online transaction monthly in the US.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details They first came to campus, and they conducted a 45 minute interview in person. It was a basic behavioral based interview. They just wanted to assess your personality, behavior, and qualifications.

They followed up a week later with an interview on site. It consisted of three interviews, and they took about 30-40 minutes each. The last interview contained a case study and questions. Most questions were behavioral, company, and industry related to see if you could fit into their culture. They wanted to assess your desire to hold the job, and whether it would be a good fit for you. They also wanted to assess your qualifications and behaviors.

Interview Question – Case Study. It wasn't that bad though.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in February 2014.

Interview Details I was referred to the position by a friend of mine. Went through a phone interview which went well, from there i was part of the candidates who was selected for a in house interview. I interviewed with two senior consultants, One of them focused on a case interview, the other one on behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Make sure you prepare your self for the case interview, you will discuss the case as if you were the consultant.   Answer Question

Burbank, CA (US)

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capgemini in December 2013.

Interview Details Applied through the university career site. First rounds were held on campus, which was followed by a meet and greet. Then, the second and final round was on site. It was a mini-Super Day comprised of three interviews.

Interview Question – The interview was pretty standard.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capgemini in February 2011.

Interview Details Interview consisted of a 30 minute first round campus interview and 3 30 minute interviews at the headquarters.

Interview Question – Case question   Answer Question

Staff Consultant

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Capgemini.

Interview Details Includes and on-campus interview, and a series of 3 in-office interviews (on the same day). One is a basic case study.

Interview Question – Business case is pretty basic - seems the thought process is more important than the actual answer. One interviewer really threw me off by acting distracted/disinterested/interrupting, but this seemed to be more of a behavioral interview.   View Answer

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in November 2013.

Interview Details Met a Principle at a campus recruiting event. He gave me his contact information, I reached out and got no response but was invited to do an on campus interview about two weeks later.

On campus interview was simple and behavioral and was mostly based on the content of my resume. The interviewer was serious and asked intermediately difficult questions about strategies used at my previous internships and jobs. I was contacted about a week later by email and invited to the final round at the Atlanta office.

Final round consisted of three interviews. You are assigned a "buddy" that hangs out with you in-between, possibly evaluating you on social skills etc. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes and increased in difficulty and intensity. The first interviewer was behavioral, very relaxed and conversational, basically just asks high level questions about yourself and your resume. The second interviewer was stand-offish and challenged almost every single job or claim on my resume. He points out everything that is wrong with your resume and makes you defend it. The third interviewer was conducted by two more senior level guys. They try to be extremely intimidating right off the bat. They challenge why you think you want to be a consultant, why you think you want to work at Cap, why you stand out from other candidates etc. They give you a case study which you must complete on the spot. After I completed it they told me I was exactly correct and the attitude completely changed and it felt like a first round behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Case Study - Scenario is that a company hires Cap to outfit their traveling salesmen with new technology to solve a set of issues they are experiences. It lists several specific problems and prioritizes the company's goals for the project, it then gives you about 10 options to choose from and have you pick the 3 that would best serve the clients goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate up in salary and was given an additional bonus.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capgemini in October 2011.

Interview Details I applied through my college's On Campus Recruiting program, and received a first round interview. This was held at my college's career center and involved a one to one conversation with a Senior Manager. Upon advancing to the second and final round, I was invited to interview at Capgemini's Jersey City office. Here, I was interviewed 3 times, back to back, with employees of varying experience and industry exposure. The interview questions were generally straightforward. This process took about 3 weeks.

Then, 3 weeks later, I received my offer via email, and was given 4 weeks to accept/decline. I accepted.

Interview Question – I had one interviewer, a Manager, who played bad cop. From the start he acted aggressive and somewhat uncaring. However, I stayed calm and collected and aced each of his questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capgemini

Worked for Capgemini? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capgemini Staff Consultant interview questions and advice. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capgemini employees and interview candidates.