Cargill Interview Questions & Reviews

161 interviews

Process Engineering Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Manchester, England
    Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill in October 2013.

I had to apply online and was called for interview at the University of Manchester. The interview was competency based with no technical questions.

Process Engineer Interview

interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

cv, followed by phone interview, then assessment center. Very basic competancy questions. Nice friendly staff

nope fixed salary

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seaforth, England
    Anonymous Employee in Seaforth, England

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

First had a phone interview where they were looking for key words and made sure i mentioned safety in everything, this lasted half an hour

Interview Questions
    • when was thelast time you had to compromise health and safety   View Answer

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Cargill in March 2013.

I received an invitation to the first round interview by email 3 weeks after applying. First round interviewers were both project team leaders at SBD, second round interviewers senior leaders. No invitation to second round as yet. The first round interview was structured around fit questions and a business case. The interviewer was very kind. Fit questions were not difficult (for example, why Cargill, how do you lead a team, tell me about a time when your performance in a team did not meet expectations...).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was the business case   Answer Question

Retail Account Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in August 2014.

Completed three phone interviews over the course of four weeks. The first two were very positive experiences. However, I could tell that the third interviewer had his mind made up to begin with. I'm not sure what documents were provided to him, but he asked about me living in Huntsville, Alabama. I've never even been to Huntsville, so I immediately had a bad feeling from there. The coordination process through the recruiters was a little tedious, but organized. The recruiters were wonderful about working with my schedule, as I was out of the country when they attempted to schedule my second interview. Also, I did not want to be disrespectful or neglect my current employer, so they allowed me to schedule the interviews at times that were appropriate.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me one thing you have learned in the past year and how you have applied that."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cargill.

Recruiters on campus and interviews also conducted on campus. Less than a week process for the interview portion and heard offer information in less than 2 weeks. Very willing to answer questions and offer plenty of opportunities to learn more about the company before applying.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult teammate and how you overcame that.   Answer Question
    No option to negotiate

Accounting Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in May 2013.

I applied online but had a friend who had worked there recommended me to the immediate hiring manager. The interview questions were fairly easy. They focused a lot on behavior questions: what if, tell me a time when. Team work seemed to be a big factor. Be ready to answer your personal achievements as well.
     They did not specify the time they needed me to start working so I told them I could start on September when I got back to school (the interview took place in May). They did call me back but by that time I got another internship and declined the offer.

Another job offer

Commodity Merchant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Received an initial phone interview that lasted 45 minutes, general questions regarding prior work experience, some scenarios, and questions about personality. Had an on site interview that lasted almost 2 hours with 4 different people. Same general questions as phone interview plus questions that the interviewers were given to ask - like a script. Followed up the on site interview with a 4 hour job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me your most difficult work situation, the negative criticism you received, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

You are recruited. It definately pays to know someone in Recruitment and/or a Hiring Manager. This a private company and if you don't know anyone work on getting an internship or get on linkedin see what you may have in common with somene professionaly like creditianals or organization wise.

It was an internship.

Commodity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Cargill.

Talent management group were not official employees of Cargill, which seemed rather odd to have contract employees doing this function but nevertheless interviews eventually brought direct communication with real employees. Questions focused a lot on cultural fit, especially team compatibility, and then separately individual strengths. They clearly focused also on prior salary levels and had some rather strict rules to keep job offers within a tight range around the prior salaries.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how I would deal with managers who were quite hands-on to the point of micromanagement of the responsibilities in the job I was applying for.   View Answer
    there was nearly zero negotiation possible.

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!