Cargill

Cargill Interview Questions

Updated 18 Nov 2014
Updated 18 Nov 2014

Year Long Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

Applied through website and heard back within two weeks. I was asked to attend a face to face interview at University of Manchester, and it's a 2-1 interview, all competency questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why Chemical engineering?
      Tell me about a time that you are fleXible.

Trainee Charterer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill in June 2014.

three rounds of interviews, first one was a phone interview which lasted 30mn and covered CV career objectives etc... the next interview was with managers from London office, lasted 45mn and questions where the same for all candidates as they were following their questions sheet. Last round was a conference call with a trader and a senior hr from Geneva and lasted 45mn as well.

Interview Questions
    • Where you ever asked to do something unethical and how did you react?   Answer Question

Process Engineering Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cargill in October 2013.

I had to apply online and was called for interview at the University of Manchester. The interview was competency based with no technical questions.

Strategy & Business Development Associate (Summer Intern) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cargill in March 2013.

I received an invitation to the first round interview by email 3 weeks after applying. First round interviewers were both project team leaders at SBD, second round interviewers senior leaders. No invitation to second round as yet. The first round interview was structured around fit questions and a business case. The interviewer was very kind. Fit questions were not difficult (for example, why Cargill, how do you lead a team, tell me about a time when your performance in a team did not meet expectations...).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was the business case   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

cv, followed by phone interview, then assessment center. Very basic competancy questions. Nice friendly staff

nope fixed salary

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaforth, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaforth, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

First had a phone interview where they were looking for key words and made sure i mentioned safety in everything, this lasted half an hour

Interview Questions
    • when was thelast time you had to compromise health and safety   View Answer

Sales Agronomist Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Overall a fair interview. The questions were mainly about the resume and behavioral based. The behavioral based questions were not overly difficult and seemed fair to me. They also asked about what I wanted which is important to me.

Commercial Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

I applied online for OCR and got the first interview on campus late September. it was a general résumé based interview for 30min with two senior people from the company. Very nice casual interview environment.Got called for office visit cargill Talent day after one day.
    The office visit was three 45 minute interviews. All the interviews were mostly behavioral and everyone was very cordial. A week after I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your listening skills helped you take the right decision.
      Tell me about a time when you had to change your way of thinking/ process middle way and what was the outcome.

Quality Management Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Cargill.

I talked to them as a senior at a Fall career fair. I had an interview the next day on campus. They asked mostly behavioral questions and then three questions related to my major. My interviewers were very friendly and talkative. They liked when I asked them questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions for food science majors: describe water activity, pH, and browning.   Answer Question
    I moved on to the second interview.

Quality Management Chemist Interview

I had an on campus interview after a career fair, and then got called in for a second interview in Omaha, NE. The on campus interview was great and very relaxed. I joked around with the interviewers, and even offered possible suggestions to better the company. The second interview was a two day experience. Day 1 was a tour of the facility, and day two was interviews from 730AM till noon.

Interview Questions
    • Fully describe pH and what we use it for?
      What is chromatography?