Cargill

Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Engineering Placement Interview

Process Engineering Placement
Manchester, England

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill in October 2013.

Interview Details I had to apply online and was called for interview at the University of Manchester. The interview was competency based with no technical questions.

Interview Question – What do you like and dislike about your course?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

I interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

Interview Details cv, followed by phone interview, then assessment center. Very basic competancy questions. Nice friendly staff

Interview Question – assessment center was a bit competitive.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nope fixed salary

Process Operator Interview

Process Operator
Seaforth, England

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

Interview Details First had a phone interview where they were looking for key words and made sure i mentioned safety in everything, this lasted half an hour

Interview Question – when was thelast time you had to compromise health and safety   View Answer

Strategy & Business Development Associate (Summer Intern) Interview

Strategy & Business Development Associate (Summer Intern)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cargill in March 2013.

Interview Details I received an invitation to the first round interview by email 3 weeks after applying. First round interviewers were both project team leaders at SBD, second round interviewers senior leaders. No invitation to second round as yet. The first round interview was structured around fit questions and a business case. The interviewer was very kind. Fit questions were not difficult (for example, why Cargill, how do you lead a team, tell me about a time when your performance in a team did not meet expectations...).

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview was the business case   Answer Question

Electrician Interview

Electrician

I applied online and interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Got a call to interview. Went in and spoke to the electrical supervisor and head of maintenance. Was asked some basic electrical questions and my troubleshooting experiences. Head of maintenance hand drew a schematic and asked questions about it.

Very Easy Interview

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Cargill.

Interview Details Questions asked by management were not tricky or hard. They were very easy and anyone who could graduate from high school would be able to answer them with success.

Interview Question – None like I said above nothing difficult about questions.   Answer Question

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst Interview

Service & Purchasing, Senior Analyst
Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in June 2012.

Interview Details Extensive, detailed, structured. Had 5 intervidews, 2 were with HR. The other 3 all used the same interview form which held various groups of questions. Some were asked in more than one interview and others were new each time.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a manager or co-worker and how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, received all I asked for on first round.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Cargill in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied on their website for a job they had posted online. It took about 2 months to hear back from them. After they contacted me, the process moved very quickly. I had a phone interview with the recruiter followed by a technical phone interview with the hiring manager a sew days later. They immediately set up on on-site interview which was about 4 hours long. Everyone was very kind and helpful through the whole thing. It was fairly laid back while also being professional. I received an offer the next week.

Interview Question – Do you think honesty is important? Why or why not?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than I had listed for my salary requirements and the benefits, paid time off, etc. were all very generous, so I did not negotiate.

Financial Management Trainee Interview

Financial Management Trainee

Interviewed at Cargill

Interview Details I applied through an HR agency. The first step was a GMAT style testing. Upon the successful completion of this stage, I participated in an assessment center, along with 9 other candidates. The next step was an interview with the Finance controller and one of the top managers of the company. I stopped at this stage, but I understand that there would have been another interview with the CEO and CFO.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, they put a lot of accent on motivation and desire to work within the company.   Answer Question

Senior IT Technical Analyst Interview

Senior IT Technical Analyst
Hopkins, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

Interview Details I applied online on a Tuesday and was contacted next day for an interview on Thursday. I was presented with an offer by end of day the following Monday.

Interview Question – There were some difficult technical questions related to my field   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase was easy for me, they made a fair initial offer, I asked for additional paid vacation and they accepted.

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!