Cargill Interview Questions

Updated 11 Apr 2015
Updated 11 Apr 2015

Factory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cargill (Hereford, England) in March 2015.

Interview

30 minute telephone interview at stage 1. On line personality test, had to repeat as results not saved the first time. Factory tour with first line manager, creating the opportunity to understand the challenges better. Then a one and a half hour interview with the Human Resources Manager & Ops Manager.

Trainee Interview

Interview

Applied online with CV and cover letter. Short phone interview and then assessment centre. Interview questions all competency based. Assessment centre consisted of interview, presentation, group task and ability testing.

Graduate Management Trainee/Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I filled in an online application which was fairly easy - they contacted me to arrange a time for "a casual phone chat " that was actually a proper phone interview
    You should be really prepared to talk about your motivations and ambitions.

Interview Questions

• why did you study chemical engineering ?   Answer Question
    • did you enjoy your degree ?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to join Cargill ?   Answer Question
    • have you applied for similar schemes ?   Answer Question
    • tell me a situation where you had to manage a team ? or something along the line of tell me a situation where you had to lead a team ? and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • describe how do you best learn ?
      your learning behaviour

Answer Question
    • tell me a situation where you formed a trusting relationships?   Answer Question
    • do you have any other questions ?   Answer Question

Year Long Placement Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

Interview

Applied through website and heard back within two weeks. I was asked to attend a face to face interview at University of Manchester, and it's a 2-1 interview, all competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Why Chemical engineering?
      Tell me about a time that you are fleXible.

Answer Question

Trainee Charterer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill (London, England) in June 2014.

Interview

three rounds of interviews, first one was a phone interview which lasted 30mn and covered CV career objectives etc... the next interview was with managers from London office, lasted 45mn and questions where the same for all candidates as they were following their questions sheet. Last round was a conference call with a trader and a senior hr from Geneva and lasted 45mn as well.

Interview Questions

• Where you ever asked to do something unethical and how did you react?   Answer Question

Process Engineering Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cargill (Manchester, England) in October 2013.

Interview

I had to apply online and was called for interview at the University of Manchester. The interview was competency based with no technical questions.

Strategy & Business Development Associate (Summer Intern) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cargill in March 2013.

Interview

I received an invitation to the first round interview by email 3 weeks after applying. First round interviewers were both project team leaders at SBD, second round interviewers senior leaders. No invitation to second round as yet. The first round interview was structured around fit questions and a business case. The interviewer was very kind. Fit questions were not difficult (for example, why Cargill, how do you lead a team, tell me about a time when your performance in a team did not meet expectations...).

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was the business case   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

Interview

cv, followed by phone interview, then assessment center. Very basic competancy questions. Nice friendly staff

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nope fixed salary

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill (Seaforth, England) in January 2013.

Interview

First had a phone interview where they were looking for key words and made sure i mentioned safety in everything, this lasted half an hour

Interview Questions

• when was thelast time you had to compromise health and safety   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus for a internship in the fall of my junior year of college. The internship was 3 months during the summer between my junior and senior years. Towards the end of the internship they notify all the interns if they want them back for a full time job. You don't actually get placed within a business unit until the spring of your senior year, but they guarantee you a job. There was no interview once I was placed so the only real interview I had was the on-campus one for an internship, although of course the internship is a extended interview for a full time position.