Cargill Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014

Process Engineering Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Cargill in October 2013.

I had to apply online and was called for interview at the University of Manchester. The interview was competency based with no technical questions.

Strategy & Business Development Associate (Summer Intern) Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Cargill in March 2013.

I received an invitation to the first round interview by email 3 weeks after applying. First round interviewers were both project team leaders at SBD, second round interviewers senior leaders. No invitation to second round as yet. The first round interview was structured around fit questions and a business case. The interviewer was very kind. Fit questions were not difficult (for example, why Cargill, how do you lead a team, tell me about a time when your performance in a team did not meet expectations...).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was the business case   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

cv, followed by phone interview, then assessment center. Very basic competancy questions. Nice friendly staff

nope fixed salary

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seaforth, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaforth, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

First had a phone interview where they were looking for key words and made sure i mentioned safety in everything, this lasted half an hour

Interview Questions
    • when was thelast time you had to compromise health and safety   View Answer

Technical Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Online application form, followed by a 30 minute phone interview asking general questions like: 1. what do you know about the company and the job applied for? 2. Situations in which you worked as a team, how did you deal with difficult team members? 3. a challenging situation, and what you learnt from it?

Interview Questions
    • how did you counter the problem of dealing with the difficult team member? Found it difficult to answer mainly because of the ambiguous nature of the question and the answer would be a matter of perspective   Answer Question

Archive Processor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Cargill.

I first talked with someone from the HR department. She was very friendly and didn't have many questions, just conducted an initial screening to make sure I was a mostly normal person. For the in-person interview, I met with two staff members. They spent time showing me around, explaining lots about the company. The interview itself was a more casual conversation than tough questioning. Overall, very nice and accommodating people.

Data Entry Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill in September 2014.

I was contacted about 2 weeks after the online application. A face to face interview was set for a week later. My interview went really well and I received a call about an hour later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All pretty simple behavioral questions. It was actually quite conversational and enjoyable. No really difficult of unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    I didn't realize the position was entry level, so the offer was much lower than I expected. They agreed to up the offer slightly, but negotiating is very limited and based on your desirability.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Madison, WI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Cargill.

Recruiters on campus and interviews also conducted on campus. Less than a week process for the interview portion and heard offer information in less than 2 weeks. Very willing to answer questions and offer plenty of opportunities to learn more about the company before applying.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult teammate and how you overcame that.   View Answer
    No option to negotiate

Commodity Merchant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

Received an initial phone interview that lasted 45 minutes, general questions regarding prior work experience, some scenarios, and questions about personality. Had an on site interview that lasted almost 2 hours with 4 different people. Same general questions as phone interview plus questions that the interviewers were given to ask - like a script. Followed up the on site interview with a 4 hour job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me your most difficult work situation, the negative criticism you received, and how you reacted.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Cargill.

You are recruited. It definately pays to know someone in Recruitment and/or a Hiring Manager. This a private company and if you don't know anyone work on getting an internship or get on linkedin see what you may have in common with somene professionaly like creditianals or organization wise.

It was an internship.

Worked for Cargill? Contribute to the Community!