Cargill

Cargill Interview Questions

Updated 9 Dec 2014
Updated 9 Dec 2014

Graduate Management Trainee/Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

I filled in an online application which was fairly easy - they contacted me to arrange a time for "a casual phone chat " that was actually a proper phone interview
    You should be really prepared to talk about your motivations and ambitions.

Interview Questions
    • why did you study chemical engineering ?   Answer Question
    • did you enjoy your degree ?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to join Cargill ?   Answer Question
    • have you applied for similar schemes ?   Answer Question
    • tell me a situation where you had to manage a team ? or something along the line of tell me a situation where you had to lead a team ? and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • describe how do you best learn ?
      your learning behaviour

Answer Question
    • tell me a situation where you formed a trusting relationships?   Answer Question
    • do you have any other questions ?   Answer Question

Year Long Placement Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cargill.

Applied through website and heard back within two weeks. I was asked to attend a face to face interview at University of Manchester, and it's a 2-1 interview, all competency questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why Chemical engineering?
      Tell me about a time that you are fleXible.

Answer Question

Trainee Charterer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill in June 2014.

three rounds of interviews, first one was a phone interview which lasted 30mn and covered CV career objectives etc... the next interview was with managers from London office, lasted 45mn and questions where the same for all candidates as they were following their questions sheet. Last round was a conference call with a trader and a senior hr from Geneva and lasted 45mn as well.

Interview Questions
    • Where you ever asked to do something unethical and how did you react?   Answer Question

Process Engineering Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Cargill in October 2013.

I had to apply online and was called for interview at the University of Manchester. The interview was competency based with no technical questions.

Strategy & Business Development Associate (Summer Intern) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cargill in March 2013.

I received an invitation to the first round interview by email 3 weeks after applying. First round interviewers were both project team leaders at SBD, second round interviewers senior leaders. No invitation to second round as yet. The first round interview was structured around fit questions and a business case. The interviewer was very kind. Fit questions were not difficult (for example, why Cargill, how do you lead a team, tell me about a time when your performance in a team did not meet expectations...).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part of the interview was the business case   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

interviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

cv, followed by phone interview, then assessment center. Very basic competancy questions. Nice friendly staff

nope fixed salary

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaforth, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seaforth, England

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cargill in January 2013.

First had a phone interview where they were looking for key words and made sure i mentioned safety in everything, this lasted half an hour

Interview Questions
    • when was thelast time you had to compromise health and safety   View Answer

Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tula, Hidalgo (Mexico)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tula, Hidalgo (Mexico)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Hiring process was around 5-6 filters. CV screening, short phone interview, essays through the whole process, interview with HR recruiter, interview with HR director and finally an assessment center where we had to do individual and group cases.
    Had to face some behavioral questions through the first interviews, and the typically; Why Cargill? Why Operations Trainee? How do you see yourself in 5 years?
    The overall experience was excellent and the process ran smooth.
    Would recommend this company.

Quality Management Chemiist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cargill.

The process began at a university career fair and a first-round interview the following day on campus. The interview was fair and straightforward. I received a call two week later to have a plant tour and second round interview. The second round was a bit more intense, but again nothing unexpected. I received an offer 3 weeks after the second round.

Sales Agronomist Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Cargill.

Overall a fair interview. The questions were mainly about the resume and behavioral based. The behavioral based questions were not overly difficult and seemed fair to me. They also asked about what I wanted which is important to me.