Caterpillar

234 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details After a phone call with the HR, I had 4 interviews in a row. No drinks. No windows in the room. They use the STAR methodology to assess you based on your past experiences. Find a great example for each question and the interview will be easy.

Interview Question – How do you feel about being a woman and working for a male-oriented industry   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase as it was an intern role.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details Assessment Centre - Plant tour, competency interview, make your own presentation on given topic then group task. Takes the entire day. Be sure to ask as many questions as you can, no question is a stupid question. But nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Leicester, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2009.

Interview Details Research company products and company values also obtain as much detail on service strategy, number of employees, regional offices and territories covered. Ask what the companys 5, 10, & 15 year growth plan is and how they aim to achieve these goals. have basic fundemental knowledge on 6 SIGMA.
Basic understanding oF CAT service tools and deler network software would be a great advantage

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – salary non negotiable

Associate Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details 3 rounds

Interview Question – Differentiate yourself from the other team members   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details Job fair, invited to interview three days later. Interviewed twice with two different people on the same day. The whole interview process lasted an hour and a half and was given a tour the next day. Notification of job offer next day. Contacted by HR within three days of interview

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you persuaded a team member to agree to your idea and whether it worked or not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2010.

Interview Details Star ( process situation/task, action, result). It helps to just think of telling a story of a project from completion to end.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you failed at something   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to get anything more out of them. Of course the offer was far and above my current salary so I can't complain.

Accounting Intern Interview

Peoria, IL (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2012.

Interview Details Their hiring process involved three interviews with different levels of accountants within the organization. It was a typical scenario based questions interview with nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – There were no particularly difficult questions.   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Lafayette, IN (US)

I applied online and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details initial basic math testing, then two STAR method interviews

Interview Question – typical STAR method questions   Answer Question

Senior Associate Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in March 2011.

Interview Details Interviewed on campus for engineering rotation program. After discussing my education, background and aspirations the interviewer told me I likely wouldn't be a good fit in product engineering but an ideal candidate for R&D at Tech Center and he'd forward my credentials. Nothing came of that but I was extended an on site interview with the product team at their division offices. On site interviews were 3 separate 1-2-1 sessions with different managers. All STAR based (e.g. Tell me a time would worked on a project with a difficult team member and how you handled the situation, Tell me a time you had to learn a new skill quickly, etc.). Was offered the position the following day with a very competitive salary and relocation package.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just prepare for STAR method interviews and know your resume.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details They'll ask you a series of questions about situations you've encountered in the past and how you reacted.

Interview Question – Questions about your work ethic.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Caterpillar

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Caterpillar interview questions and advice. All 234 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Caterpillar employees and interview candidates.