Caterpillar

Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Entry Programmer UK Interview

Graduate Entry Programmer UK
Leicester, England

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2011.

Interview Details Phone Screening - Textbook behavioral/competency based interview. Interviewer was reading off a list of questions and writing comments for each. Classic competencies such as Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Teamwork, Strengths as well as the general questions such as why I was applying etc.

Interview Question – Sometimes the interviewer was not flexible with question improvising, as I had answered more or less the same question a number of times.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Accepted offer for further education

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details After a phone call with the HR, I had 4 interviews in a row. No drinks. No windows in the room. They use the STAR methodology to assess you based on your past experiences. Find a great example for each question and the interview will be easy.

Interview Question – How do you feel about being a woman and working for a male-oriented industry   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase as it was an intern role.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details Assessment Centre - Plant tour, competency interview, make your own presentation on given topic then group task. Takes the entire day. Be sure to ask as many questions as you can, no question is a stupid question. But nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer
Leicester, England

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2009.

Interview Details Research company products and company values also obtain as much detail on service strategy, number of employees, regional offices and territories covered. Ask what the companys 5, 10, & 15 year growth plan is and how they aim to achieve these goals. have basic fundemental knowledge on 6 SIGMA.
Basic understanding oF CAT service tools and deler network software would be a great advantage

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – salary non negotiable

Demand Analyst Interview

Demand Analyst

I applied through another source and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details Behavioral based questions. Looking for STARs - Situation/Task, Actions you took and the Results of your actions. Usually group interviews where you'll have 2-3 people interviewing you at one time.

Interview Question – None are really difficult, esp if you are good about talking and bragging about yourself. Unfortunately I'm not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Definately negotiate

Product Development Interview

Product Development

Interviewed at Caterpillar

Interview Details One on-campus interview. About a 2 month period following the interview before notified about decision. There were two 30 minute interview sessions where you sat down one on one with a member of the Caterpillar team. The interviewers were nice. It was very structured.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Staff Accountant I Interview

Staff Accountant I

I applied online and interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details Travel to head office for interview. Panel interview then individual interview with each panelist and a presentation on my resume detailing skills and experiences. Have lunch with a member of staff then tour a plant.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you had to deal with   Answer Question

Engineering Technical Team Leader Interview

Engineering Technical Team Leader
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details There were several rounds - 1st one screening to understand my profile, 2nd technical round on application programming from US, 3rd again technical on application programming from US, 3rd and 4th behavioral on scenarios, how I handle various situations etc. rounds. 5th managerial on my approach to build teams etc. then no news :)

Interview Question – Interviews were not tough and were reasonable. However, the recruiters are quite unprofessional, never update on the next round even when you are appearing for senior leadership positions. During F2F interview, the recruiter was laid back, never spoke. Very transactional. It was very disappointing experience as I love the brand caterpillar since my childhood. Very very disappointed and would only recommend if you don't have any other choice! They do not have the courtesy to even respond to your emails..   Answer Question

Section Manager III Interview

Section Manager III
Athens, GA (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Caterpillar in January 2013.

Interview Details This process is very detailed. You are contacted by email and telephone and then go thru behavioral/Situation, Task, Action, Results format interviewing. If offered the position you will be called by telephone and then followed up with a letter. Those not offered the position are mailed a letter or emailed.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on my salary

Manufacturing Engineer I Interview

Manufacturing Engineer I

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview Details in selection process first test would be skill test .once it get clear, another round will be face to face to face.in face to face they will ask core questions related to your background

Interview Question – all related to the manufacturing engineering   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – ask more salary

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!