Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

After applying online, had a phone interview which was mainly competency based. The person conducting the interview was really friendly. So that made me feel at ease with the interview, therefore, found the interview easy. Also have so questions ready to ask for the end of the interview.
    Currently waiting for an assessment centre day.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

After a phone call with the HR, I had 4 interviews in a row. No drinks. No windows in the room. They use the STAR methodology to assess you based on your past experiences. Find a great example for each question and the interview will be easy.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about being a woman and working for a male-oriented industry   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase as it was an intern role.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Assessment Centre - Plant tour, competency interview, make your own presentation on given topic then group task. Takes the entire day. Be sure to ask as many questions as you can, no question is a stupid question. But nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions   Answer Question

Graduate Entry Programmer UK Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar (Leicester, England) in February 2011.

Interview

Phone Screening - Textbook behavioral/competency based interview. Interviewer was reading off a list of questions and writing comments for each. Classic competencies such as Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Teamwork, Strengths as well as the general questions such as why I was applying etc.

Interview Questions

• Sometimes the interviewer was not flexible with question improvising, as I had answered more or less the same question a number of times.   1 Answer

Accepted offer for further education

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar (Leicester, England) in August 2009.

Interview

Research company products and company values also obtain as much detail on service strategy, number of employees, regional offices and territories covered. Ask what the companys 5, 10, & 15 year growth plan is and how they aim to achieve these goals. have basic fundemental knowledge on 6 SIGMA.
    Basic understanding oF CAT service tools and deler network software would be a great advantage

Interview Questions

• Can you describe what CAT's corporate values are/   2 Answers
    • Name 5 CAT products   1 Answer

salary non negotiable

Intern Interview

Interview

Just a single phone interview of two 30 minute sessions, they said right away that it would be the only round as well. In the interview they asked mostly behavioral questions, about 6 or 7 for each 30 minute session. Each 30 minute session had a different interviewer and they asked nearly identical questions but you were supposed to come up with different situations to answer the similar questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you inspired someone to work harder.   Answer Question

CNC Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thomasville, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar (Thomasville, GA (US)).

Interview

Submitted an application and heard back from them a few months later to come in for an interview. At the interview, I went in and was seated before 5 people and was different questions and was then allowed to ask questions. It was intended to be a difficult interview, I guess to see how you were under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something related to safety that you did to make your workplace safer?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in April 2015.

Interview

It was basically just behavioral questions. It is recommended that you know the STAR response technique. The people were really friendly and it was very enjoyable talking with them. I had two phone interviews on back to back days and they asked basically the same questions so be ready for that.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you had to settle a dispute between people?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

Very easy. One hour long, 30 minutes per person. Behavioral style questions. I found otu i had an interview withing one week of applying. The following week I had my interview and then by the end of the week I had a job offer. Very quick and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a recent decision you made?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Caterpillar.

Interview

50minutes interview, traditional STAR formation. The hiring manager also asked about my past experience. Not too many technical questions though. I think they are more willing to take team players.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you learned a new skill and applied it later   Answer Question