Caterpillar

Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated 13 Dec 2014
Updated 13 Dec 2014

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Caterpillar.

After a phone call with the HR, I had 4 interviews in a row. No drinks. No windows in the room. They use the STAR methodology to assess you based on your past experiences. Find a great example for each question and the interview will be easy.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about being a woman and working for a male-oriented industry   View Answer
    No negotiation phase as it was an intern role.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Assessment Centre - Plant tour, competency interview, make your own presentation on given topic then group task. Takes the entire day. Be sure to ask as many questions as you can, no question is a stupid question. But nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions   Answer Question

Graduate Entry Programmer UK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in February 2011.

Phone Screening - Textbook behavioral/competency based interview. Interviewer was reading off a list of questions and writing comments for each. Classic competencies such as Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Teamwork, Strengths as well as the general questions such as why I was applying etc.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes the interviewer was not flexible with question improvising, as I had answered more or less the same question a number of times.   View Answer

Accepted offer for further education

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in August 2009.

Research company products and company values also obtain as much detail on service strategy, number of employees, regional offices and territories covered. Ask what the companys 5, 10, & 15 year growth plan is and how they aim to achieve these goals. have basic fundemental knowledge on 6 SIGMA.
    Basic understanding oF CAT service tools and deler network software would be a great advantage

salary non negotiable

Technical Marketing Interview

Met them at a career fair, applied through my school and on their site. I went to the interview about 2 weeks later. The interview was behavioral. It was fairly easy, but I still didn't receive an offer.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I talked to a rep at a career fair and she told me to apply online. After applying online, I heard back in a couple weeks and had an in person interview. I was interviewed by two people for a half hour each. After another couple weeks, they called me to tell me that they are pursuing other options.

Staff Accountant Interview

I got an interview through school. Most of the questions were simple behavioral questions and the interview lasted about 30 mins. My interviewer was really nice and he talked proudly about his company. After the interview, i asked for a business card. He further advised me that I should hear back from the company in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had difficulty working in a group. What was the difficulty? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

IT Analyst I Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Began the hiring process with a half-hour phone interview. Was then invited to Peoria for the next round. This round consisted of 3 1-hour long interviews. Received an offer within the next week.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really any difficult questions. All questions were of the expected type and not to terribly hard to answer.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Caterpillar.

It was an on campus recruitment. It consisted of a written test , then gd then interview.
    In electronics side, in written exam technical question consisted of ques from C, C++, OOPS, DL, analog, then a quants section and verbal section. Verbal was quite tough. GD topic was safety and innovation in technology.

Interview Questions
    • they gave me an expression and asked me to implement it using flip flop.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Caterpillar.

I first met them at my university's career fair. A few weeks later I interviewed with two people. The questions were fairly unremarkable - tell us about at time you worked as a team, tell us about a time that you had to ask for help, etc. Later that year, I got an offer for a summer internship.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing overly complex - just a general behavorial interview.   Answer Question