Caterpillar Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

Graduate Entry Programmer UK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in February 2011.

Phone Screening - Textbook behavioral/competency based interview. Interviewer was reading off a list of questions and writing comments for each. Classic competencies such as Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Teamwork, Strengths as well as the general questions such as why I was applying etc.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes the interviewer was not flexible with question improvising, as I had answered more or less the same question a number of times.   View Answer

Accepted offer for further education

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Caterpillar.

After a phone call with the HR, I had 4 interviews in a row. No drinks. No windows in the room. They use the STAR methodology to assess you based on your past experiences. Find a great example for each question and the interview will be easy.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about being a woman and working for a male-oriented industry   View Answer
    No negotiation phase as it was an intern role.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Assessment Centre - Plant tour, competency interview, make your own presentation on given topic then group task. Takes the entire day. Be sure to ask as many questions as you can, no question is a stupid question. But nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leicester, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Caterpillar in August 2009.

Research company products and company values also obtain as much detail on service strategy, number of employees, regional offices and territories covered. Ask what the companys 5, 10, & 15 year growth plan is and how they aim to achieve these goals. have basic fundemental knowledge on 6 SIGMA.
    Basic understanding oF CAT service tools and deler network software would be a great advantage

salary non negotiable

Revenue Analyst Interview

3 interviewers. They used targeted selection interview questions. Will ask questions along the lines of how you managed a certain situation in the past, what was the outcome, how do you cope with stress, etc.
    Each interview could take about 45 mins to 1 hr.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to manage a difficult person   Answer Question

Technical Marketing Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Caterpillar in September 2012.

The process began with on campus recruiting. A resume was submitted, and I was contacted with an interview offer. The interview was a one on one behavioral interview. After about 2 weeks, an offer was extended with a decision period of about 2 weeks.

None

Systems Analyst II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Caterpillar.

I applied through online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Caterpillar in July 2014.

There were 3 different interviews: All the rounds happened in same day but interview duration time took almost 4 hours.
    - Usual resume interview followed by technical interview.
    - STAR interviews-Behavioral interview and Project technical discussion (Describe me a time where
      you failed, where you had trouble with a team member,where you were wrong and project
      deliveries) duration of this round consisting of 2 hours.
    - Managerial interview with US managers and followed by HR discussion
      Overall experience was good and entire interview process and approval of offer completed within a
      week..

Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL (US)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Caterpillar in October 2011.

Initial contact started at a campus job fair. Conversations with HR reps went well, so I submitted my resume. I attended presentations on campus put on by Caterpillar that week. First round of interviews held on campus. Second interviews at Caterpillar HQ. Interviewed by three staff members - three very different personalities. Questions weren't overly difficult, a few were challenging. They were looking for very specific experience (mix of marketing and technical). Received a call a few weeks later that I would not be receiving an offer.

Demand Analyst Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Caterpillar.

Behavioral based questions. Looking for STARs - Situation/Task, Actions you took and the Results of your actions. Usually group interviews where you'll have 2-3 people interviewing you at one time.

Interview Questions
    • None are really difficult, esp if you are good about talking and bragging about yourself. Unfortunately I'm not.   Answer Question
    Definately negotiate

Product Development Interview

One on-campus interview. About a 2 month period following the interview before notified about decision. There were two 30 minute interview sessions where you sat down one on one with a member of the Caterpillar team. The interviewers were nice. It was very structured.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Worked for Caterpillar? Contribute to the Community!