Caterpillar

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

Finance Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

After applying online, had a phone interview which was mainly competency based. The person conducting the interview was really friendly. So that made me feel at ease with the interview, therefore, found the interview easy. Also have so questions ready to ask for the end of the interview.
    Currently waiting for an assessment centre day.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Caterpillar.

After a phone call with the HR, I had 4 interviews in a row. No drinks. No windows in the room. They use the STAR methodology to assess you based on your past experiences. Find a great example for each question and the interview will be easy.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about being a woman and working for a male-oriented industry   View Answer
    No negotiation phase as it was an intern role.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Assessment Centre - Plant tour, competency interview, make your own presentation on given topic then group task. Takes the entire day. Be sure to ask as many questions as you can, no question is a stupid question. But nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. All questions were general obvious interview questions   Answer Question

Graduate Entry Programmer UK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar in February 2011.

Phone Screening - Textbook behavioral/competency based interview. Interviewer was reading off a list of questions and writing comments for each. Classic competencies such as Leadership, Conflict Resolution, Teamwork, Strengths as well as the general questions such as why I was applying etc.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes the interviewer was not flexible with question improvising, as I had answered more or less the same question a number of times.   View Answer

Accepted offer for further education

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Caterpillar in August 2009.

Research company products and company values also obtain as much detail on service strategy, number of employees, regional offices and territories covered. Ask what the companys 5, 10, & 15 year growth plan is and how they aim to achieve these goals. have basic fundemental knowledge on 6 SIGMA.
    Basic understanding oF CAT service tools and deler network software would be a great advantage

salary non negotiable

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Caterpillar.

It is just an hour interview.The panel contains 3 members. I went through a recruiter. He does the background check. The interviewer is mostly interested in projects and the skill set. He gave a job description for the first 15 minutes followed by a few questions in my projects and then by behavioral HR questions.

Design Engineer Interview

Very good Written test, Professional Gd and Normal interview. They will expect what exactly they need and good Knowledge on the field is expected. Open minded persons are expected. Panel interview, 2 on 1. Great a good impression is necessary. Good knowledge on project is must. hope for the best.

Graduate Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Caterpillar.

On phone screening, whole day in person interviews. In person interviews were one on one. These interviews vary from technical, behavioral and personal background / fit with the company culture. Fit with the company culture is a very big part of the interviews so it is very very important to make sure that you just be who you are instead of trying to figure out what they want to hear. Technical interview can be pretty technical too and most of the interviewers are looking for how well you can work and know what you know instead of trying to make sure you know everything already.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions asking for examples or situations. Behavioral questions such as tell me a situation when you had a difficult colleague and how did you handle that situation can be very difficult because you have to go into the detail of the situation. Just take your time to thinking through a whole situation and then answer instead of start answering and then fumbling through the whole answer.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate at all but there may be opportunities for negotiations in some situations.

Material Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

Series of interviews along with agility testing and probationary period before becoming a full time Cat employee. I worked consistently and diligently and was offered full time position within 90 days.

Interview Questions
    was offered second shift and declined then offered third shift and I accepted.

Distribution Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Caterpillar.

I applied online and received an email response to speak to someone on the phone. We spoke briefly for a few minutes about expectations, why I applied and availability for a phone interview since I was not in the area at the time. I interviewed with a panel of 3 people over the phone two weeks later. Then two weeks afterwards I was invited to do a site visit, after the site visit an offer was made for the role.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me a time when you disagreed with your supervisor?
      Please tell me about a time you engage employees to get improve results.

Answer Question