Centene

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Centene in May 2010.

Interview Details Interview was long, focused on behavioral interviewing questions.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Centene

Interview Details Online Application, Phone interview, corresponding emails, On-Site interview

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you were put in a stressful situation and performed exceedingly well.   Answer Question

Clayton, MO (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Centene in January 2013.

Interview Details Standard hiring and interview process. Applied online to a pretty generic posting on their website seeking MBA and/or MHA students for summer internships. I'm in the middle of both programs, so I applied. I was invited to interview with their Process Improvement department, which was in the middle of a major expansion (from 3 to 10 people). I was emailed by an in-house recruiter to schedule an on-site interview. Once there, I met with two people in the department, who went over my resume and asked me about my qualifications and past experiences. They asked several questions off a HR interview worksheet, which was a little funny. The department reps seemed to really like me, and let me know that some of the questions weren't very important to the position.

Interview Question – Nothing very difficult, some were related to the position, others weren't. Things like "Tell me about a project you managed that failed to meet expectations."   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered an internship at my top-pick organization for the summer.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Centene

Worked for Centene? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centene Intern interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Centene employees and interview candidates.