Cerner Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2014
Updated 19 Oct 2014

2.6

Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Met with three different managers to interview with. Each had a booklet of 'give me an example of a time when you..' questions and they didn't really deviate from the booklet. Afterwards I was given a tour of their client area to see some of the equipment in situ.

Interview Questions
    The language used by the staff is full of americanisms which was off putting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

Had an interview with 2 software developers (with a lot of technical questions) and a phone interview with one of their employee based in Kansas. I asked them for a feedback 2 weeks later but they didn't give me any response.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in May 2011.

I initially was phone screened - took around 45 minutes answering various background questions.
    I was then invited for a three person interview - one HR, two specialism based. Relatively informal, but competency based.
    I was made an offer, accepted, and then went for orientation in Kansas City.

Interview Questions
    I was made a good offer.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in May 2010.

Very simple process all done online

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions
    • What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Software Developer Interview

hiring process was quit easy, they asked how to implement chess game using oops concept along with basic oops questions like polymorphism, abstraction, inheritance etc.. there were only 2 rounds 1 technical and 1 HR. all process went smoothly

Software Engineer Interview

A mix between behavioral questions and your experience with different languages. They asked questions that ranged from "Describe a time where you had to tell someone they were doing something wrong, and how did you approach them?" to "Give me a language where you have to manage your memory and one that you don't have to manage it"

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about debugging your code if a client brought up issues with the program.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

There were three rounds. The first round was a written test and the next two were technical face-to-face interviews. It went pretty fine. They asked questions from my areas of interest and oops concepts. Be good with the fundas.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cerner.

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cerner in October 2014.

The Interview process is pretty moderate. First round is HR. Questions based on Resume such as Work Exp (if any) or Academic Projects and other some basic questions. Second Round is Technical. These both rounds are on Phone. If you clear these rounds then you get call for onsite interview. 2 one hr interviews based on behavioral and Technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I still cleared first round and got selected for Technical Round. Still awaiting that.   Answer Question