Cerner

Updated 27 Jan 2015
Updated 27 Jan 2015

2.6

Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Met with three different managers to interview with. Each had a booklet of 'give me an example of a time when you..' questions and they didn't really deviate from the booklet. Afterwards I was given a tour of their client area to see some of the equipment in situ.

Interview Questions
    The language used by the staff is full of americanisms which was off putting.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner in September 2013.

Had an interview with 2 software developers (with a lot of technical questions) and a phone interview with one of their employee based in Kansas. I asked them for a feedback 2 weeks later but they didn't give me any response.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in May 2011.

I initially was phone screened - took around 45 minutes answering various background questions.
    I was then invited for a three person interview - one HR, two specialism based. Relatively informal, but competency based.
    I was made an offer, accepted, and then went for orientation in Kansas City.

Interview Questions
    I was made a good offer.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner in May 2010.

Very simple process all done online

Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cerner.

Overall hiring and interview process, took 3 months from initial application to phone interview. Still waiting to see if I make it to the next stage in the process. What I read from others, it usually takes 1-2 weeks to hear back. Then that is followed with an in person interview followed by offer within another 1-2 weeks.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cerner.

Went to a information session at school. Submitted my resume at a career fair. Heard from a recruiter a month later. Had an initial phone interview (how you heard about them, why the health care field, one or two behavioral questions). Got invited to Experience Cerner day, but I chose the Skype interviews because it was during finals. Exactly two weeks after my interview I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a professor/someone at work give you two conflicting demands.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

3 rounds technical and 1 hr..It was project specific and team members will take interview but the first one to take will be the manager and then if he is fine the other members take it

Software Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Cerner.

I applied online and through their website. They responded with an Interview offer within 2 hours.
    First interview was through the phone and mostly HR questions. Second interview was through Video and the interview just asked about past projects, some behavior questions, and then asked me to design a class to handle allergies. I have two more back to back interviews with them that are the final round.

Interview Questions
    • He asked me how I handled feedback and criticism. He also asked OOP questions about designing a class for allergies.   Answer Question

Production Owner Interview

I was promoted so the interview was just a informal chat with the manager of the position. It was easy and there was no pressure. When I had my initial interview it was pretty easy also.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Phone interview followed by a full day of interviews at the Cerner campus in Kansas City. At the campus there were three interviews. There was also a dinner the night before the interviews.